Under 18 RIF. Please help!!!

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I need to know if there is anyother way of getting a RIF when under 18 because my dad cant do the ukara regristration because of past experience of seeing someone get their head blown off so he doesnt like to be around guns so are there any other ways? Ive heard things about junior ukaras and such and also if someone isnt in my family is over 18 and gets a ukara are they still allowed to gift the gun to me because my friend who plays airsoft has a dad who likes the sport

Please help. Thank you :)

Anybody can gift a RIF to you, but it has to be a gift - no money or services can be exchanged, so you couldn't give him £100 and he 'gift' the RIF to you, nor can you do some odd jobs and then get the RIF gifted to you.

Unless your friend's dad is really generous I doubt he will gift a RIF to you.

If you really, really have a big problem against two-tone / clear IFs then you could always use camo tape to cover the weapon at a game and then remove it before setting off home.

I persnally don't understand why all these under 18's are in dire need of a black/ realistic gun? Don't see why you can't be like everyone else and buy a two tone, maybe some camo tape until you have a UKARA?

The legal defence for 'manufacturing' has no age attached to it, so buy a two tone, play a couple of games and then spray paint the hell out of it.

You get a RIF and you've done something creative!

Manufacturing a RIF is also illegal unless you have a specific defence - it's down to whether anyone who would report it would be aware of it and whether the law would spend time on it - there have been a few occasions where they have - but problably more because the people in question had been d*cks in public.

If the OP acquires an IF and after a couple of skirmishes resprays it (or cleans off the paint) and has the discretion not to go bragging about it then I don't think anybody would be too interested.

I think it would only become a problem to some people if somebody did remove the paint / respray and technically manufacture a RIF and then went bragging about it to anybody who would listen.

*Edit*

Just re-reading the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 and Sec 40 refers to an amendment to the Firearms Act 1968 Sec 24 making it an offence for a minor (person under 18 years of age) to be sold or to buy an imitation firearm, but makes no mention of gifting an imitation firearm to a minor. So, my interpretation is as a minor you cannot buy an IF (even a bright green one) but you can have one gifted to you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.