7.4v lipo help

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does your charger have a RED and GREEN LED's ??

if they do then Red means charging and Green means charged. Just remember to keep an eye on the charger and lipo as it charges

That red light should change to green when charged

Leave the lipo alone for a few days for the voltage to settle in each cell then charge for 30 minutes and check the light

Do you have access to a volt meter or an Avo ?? you could measure the voltage in each cell then

No white lead on my battery,, only the main connecting wire and the smaller plug.

I have tried charging other batteries but the batteries both lipo and nimh died quite fast hence my suspicion of the faulty charger.

I have ordered one on eBay, if I'm right I need a new charger and if I'm wrong I will have a spare and it's good to have a spare!

Tried again but this time I noted that the wall unit was cold as was the kong power charger and the battery too.

The red light was showing solid

The battery was plugged into the 7.4v port.

Upon on starting the charge . The battery shows a steady flashing red then goes solid, it does this on all of my nimh and lipo batteries..... Only conclusion I can see is that the charger is faulty.

Can you post photos of how you connect battery to charger and some close ups of the charger

Another possibility could be the wall plug

After doing a YouTube search

Indicator lights for type of battery connected

Battery knackered if continue slow/fast flashing

Solid Red light means charged although the bloke didn't say what colour the light is when charge complete

Hmmm, can you check the voltage of your lipo ??

I'm just wondering if your lipo maybe under charged

Then I would say your lipos fully charged

Take a NiMH and run it down, leave 24 hours for the voltage to settle then put it on charge

You can do but I suggested only 1 just in case the charger is knackered, if it is then you still have other battery's to use

Got my new chargers and the tomtac lipo charger went for about 1.5hrs and the 2 cell lights went green so I seems like my kong charger was the problem.

The IMAX b6 is currently charging one of my nimh batteries.

I would like to say thankyou to all that helped me!

Atb

Andy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.