Tokyo marui AEP

Semi-only

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Since I have a new job I was thinking about buying a AEP preferably a tokyo marui one as it will only take me a few weeks to save for one. Can anyone tell me which one is the best range ease of spare mags parts ect

The glock is the more common platform but most of the mags available for it are cyma ones - pretty poor quality as a whole (hence the £10 price tag). I you go for the glock then use TM mags - they actually feed and hold the number of rounds they state they do.

Personally I would recommend the cyma .030 glock as it a clone of the TM one and is significantly cheaper yet just as durable. Sure the externals are nicer and the internals are better quality on the TM but for the price the cyma is brilliant. However I have to say when I had an aep I had more problems with the gearbox than I've ever had with any of my gas pistols - this is why I don't use one anymore.

• Supporters

Love my Cyma G18c, its hard to get a holster for AEP's because they are a slightly different size to the real thing or the gas versions. I've now made a custom kydex holster for mine and its snug.

I haven't had any problems with the parts, although sourcing them can be hard, and I cant locate many upgrade parts. It's never skipped a beat. Its pretty bomb proof. It works when its cold when gas guns are failing. But it isn't the highest powered anyway, mine was 200fps out of the box but it works fine. The trigger delay can be a problem but if you get the LiPo batteries its a much shorter delay.

My only other issue is that the standard mags are small and a bit fiddly which can make speed reloads a bit of a problem. I've never tried the 100rnd ones but they look like a laugh.

I have the TM glock aep and it is a great gun. Using the airsoftworld lipo it fires at 18rps and the 100 round mag gives you a nice advantage in pistol games :-) Plenty of upgrades available from Kingdom of Airsoft but a barrel and lipo might suffice to stop it costing the same as a qualiy aeg!I must be honest though, I did eventually get a gas gun as well for the kick.

I've had my TM M93R for about 3 months now. It's a beast. Shoots to around 35m on .2s, full auto goodness and 100 rnd mags are easy to get. Fire-support.com sell them. That's where I got mine. And if you want. You can spend another £80 or so on eagle6 to take it to almost 300fps. I haven't done this yet but once I source all the gears I need I will.

I will say. These things are simply the best you can get for anything CQB. They rule. So quick and agile. Accurate enough and with a 7.4v lipo you can get on airsoftworld.net it has a really great trigger response.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.