Best sniper?

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think the longest shooting airsoft sniper rifle is a right tarted up VSR with all custom machined parts and a new designed hop up. Shoots 110m absolute max with the grouping of a small car. I think it was the Mantis by 'Careful' on ASSF. You can get an airsoft sniper rifle shooting up to 100m but it will not be skirmishable and groupings will be all over the palce

That's true, unless you want to go mental on spending a fortune with tarting one up of course and aren't adhering to UK limits on power, which would be pointless on any UK airsoft site obviously. In any case, most airsoft sites would never have that amount of open ground anyway, and even if they did it would turn into a ridiculous sniper fest and be very boring. Not to mention painful lol

]

Evidently some people have done it and measured the distance with telemetry, although admittedly as far as I know it was not in the UK, so probably somewhere with less stringent joule limits. I'm not saying it would be easy to bullseye something at that range, or even at all, and you'd almost certainly have to have plenty of elevation, but it has apparently been done with a tarted up A&K. Of course, not everything on the interweb is true, or so I've heard :) Anyway, the point is, the A&K SVD is quite a nice thing for the money, and offers plenty of scope for upgrades if you like fiddling with that sort of thing, which as a dedicated sniper, you probably should.

yep, the max someone shot was on that sniper forum shooting 800 fps and he only said he could get a theoretical of 190m but hasn't and only got like 130m so far. And that guy is pretty damn good when it comes to snipers for airsoft, will try and find it

• Supporters

Evidently some people have done it and measured the distance with telemetry, although admittedly as far as I know it was not in the UK, so probably somewhere with less stringent joule limits. I'm not saying it would be easy to bullseye something at that range, or even at all, and you'd almost certainly have to have plenty of elevation, but it has apparently been done with a tarted up A&K. Of course, not everything on the interweb is true, or so I've heard :) Anyway, the point is, the A&K SVD is quite a nice thing for the money, and offers plenty of scope for upgrades if you like fiddling with that sort of thing, which as a dedicated sniper, you probably should.

I say again. Bullshit.

No amount of tarting up or increasing power will enable you to send an airsoft BB 450'. The faster a BB goes the more wind resistance affects it, the only way to overcome that is to have heavier BBs.

Whoever claims to have done it is talking shit.

I say again. Bullshit.

No amount of tarting up or increasing power will enable you to send an airsoft BB 450'. The faster a BB goes the more wind resistance affects it, the only way to overcome that is to have heavier BBs.

Whoever claims to have done it is talking sh*t.

I actually think its true, and there is proof with a video. It was on one of the american sniper forums, the one that was selling his custom .66g bbs. He managed to get a hot 130m I believe and is trying to get 190m will find it for you

130m is still not 450' though, that and using .66g BBs doesn't really count. I could send a 5g steel BB a kilometre if I wanted to!

yeah, will try and find the article. He is probably the only person who could really hit 190m as well looking for the link and having no luck, anyone know a big american sniper forum?

Best airsoft Sniper rifle= Matilda. My Iron Airsoft SMLE. This is purely on the basis of appearance rather than everyone else's silly accuracy criteria though :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.