lipo alarms

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have my g&g m4 AEG now, its the short barrel 2 tone rifle

I'm going lipo with it as I have more than a few of them lol, as a keen RC builder, hobbyist and racer in several different fields, I use an audible lipo alarm in my boats and cars

Do you guys use lipo alarms ?? I ask because I have more than few quid invested in them and dont want to ruin them

Nick

Sorry mate but I'm not on about a charger, I use 2x iMax B6 chargers for all my battery's

A lipo alarm plugs into the white balance plug, when the battery's in use, it monitors each cell and can be set so that if 1 cell hits 3.3v then the audible alarm sounds

Sorry mate but I'm not on about a charger, I use 2x iMax B6 chargers for all my battery's

A lipo alarm plugs into the white balance plug, when the battery's in use, it monitors each cell and can be set so that if 1 cell hits 3.3v then the audible alarm sounds

On the rare occurance that I'll field an AEG, I used to use them, but they have a tendency to constantly beep when you fire in small auto bursts. Now I just listen for the sound of the motor to change dramatically.

Fair enough, thankyou for your reply guys

• Supporters

I used to use one but like GiantKiwi the constant beeping did my head in! Now I just keep track of the amount of magazines I've emptied, change battery after about 1200 shots normally (1450mAh batteries) and then check the voltage of the cells when I get home, haven't yet come close to 3v per cell, lowest I've gone is 3.4v.

I do the same, I just count out the rough round count and go on the rough assumption of 1mah = 1 shot. Its overly cautious but its not like I have a problem with changing the batteries over at lucnh.

Lipo alarms will either show the the voltage in each cell

Or

They will show voltage in each cell AND alarm when 1 cell drops down to voltage cut off

As I use lipos in racing, I wasn't sure if the alarm applys to lipos in airsoft weapons

• Supporters

Lipo alarms will either show the the voltage in each cell

Or

They will show voltage in each cell AND alarm when 1 cell drops down to voltage cut off

As I use lipos in racing, I wasn't sure if the alarm applys to lipos in airsoft weapons

A LiPo is a LiPo is a LiPo. Some people like to run alarms but as said before, due to the high drain, short burst nature it's not always a reliable way of monitoring the cells in an airsoft gun. Some MOSFETs will alarm when the cell voltage gets too low too (KK Burst Wizard for example).

I have some 2s 5000mah lipos I want to use but because I can't fit them anywhere, I'm going to make a battery box and mount on the underside of the hand guard (I have a magwell grip) and its the only place I can put it

I'll extend the battery wires and clip them to the receiver

I can't afford £60 + for a new receiver with forward battery wires at the moment (to many commitments atm)

I have some 2s 5000mah lipos I want to use but because I can't fit them anywhere, I'm going to make a battery box and mount on the underside of the hand guard (I have a magwell grip) and its the only place I can put it

I'll extend the battery wires and clip them to the receiver

I can't afford £60 + for a new receiver with forward battery wires

do you mean gearbox? and if you put longer wires on you can front wire it i am told.

Yeah mate but I'm not sure how to remove the piston assembly, I'll do a YouTube search later

I have a success, I have routed the battery wires to the front of the rifle :)

All I have to do now is make a battery box, shorten the wires and solder on a deans connector

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.