HELP NEEDED £200-300 to spend

8839chris

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after being put off by the G&G scar I'm really struggling on my options.

Sorry to keep posting by I need to purchase what's right. So the question I hast is

If you had upto £300 to spend on a rifle (non GBB) what would you chose a pond why

At the end of the day listening to peoples reviews and opinions on these forums is very useful because of the combined experience etc. HOWEVER if you still want to stick to your original preference i definetley would.

JB

You listen to people too much mate.

The G&G SCAR is a solid gun and I even found one for you in a sea of out of stocks.

Buying Airsoft weapons is like buying shoes - you cant ask somebody else to do it for you.

Buying airsoft weapons is not like buying shoes. I'm not spending £30 quid, I'm spending a good £300+ so I need it to be right.

I'm listening to people's opinions as it's the first time I've purchased a airsoft weapon

So people's experience and views are very important in this case, after all this is what the forum is for!!

And I do appreciate you finding one for me

I would buy an ASG Sten Mk2 but it's not a gun that suits most people and wouldn't be ideal as your only gun.

What is most important is really that you have the gun you want. If the gun you really want is only made by one company and they have bad reviews, I would still get that gun. Everything can be sorted out except not having the gun you really want.

If you want another scar, proairsoftsupplies do a WE Europe scar h for 315 slightly over budget

that would be not nearly as good as the G&G. heard them to be a bit pants. IMHO, get the scar. So many M4 people, me included, I should have saved up £100 more to get the scar, Honestly, it is a great gun, great externals, great internals, will need a spring downgrade which is fun, easy to do and plenty of tips on youtube and we can help of course :)

GET IT!!!! :D

that would be not nearly as good as the G&G. heard them to be a bit pants. IMHO, get the scar. So many M4 people, me included, I should have saved up £100 more to get the scar, Honestly, it is a great gun, great externals, great internals, will need a spring downgrade which is fun, easy to do and plenty of tips on youtube and we can help of course :)

, I also have an m4 but I've heard some people recommend WE guns but personally never used one

Ok, ok

I'm getting the G&G scar........

It is what I wanted

You've clearly never tried to put a version 2 gearbox back together lol, fun and easy to do are the last words that come to mind when you have an anti reversal latch to deal with :lol:

shh. Tbh, after a few times it does become sort of easy, but not fun, granted. Don't know why I chose those words lol. and yes the first time will take a lot of time.

Euan, generally the gbbs are good but not so much the aegs, but if strewth says his is good then it could well be, not as good as the G&G though, I have been told.

Good choice chris :)

• Supporters

You've clearly never tried to put a version 2 gearbox back together lol, fun and easy to do are the last words that come to mind when you have an anti reversal latch to deal with :lol:

Behave, it's a piece of piss.

As long as you have three hands

In the end all the guns fail and you will learn how to maintain its internals. So yeah it really doesn't matter all that much, externals are basically what counts as everything inside can be repaired and replaced, most of the bits that have a tendency to break are usually cheap so long as you learn how to do it yourself.

• Supporters

In the end all the guns fail and you will learn how to maintain its internals.

^^^ this.

I wanted an SMLE, only Iron airsoft made an SMLE and it had a really bad reputation. I got one anyway and had to fix everything just to get it working. I now have a fully functioning Gas powered SMLE and expert knowledge of how everything in it works. It was pretty daunting to have to take everything apart but with guides on the internet and a bit of patience it becomes easy.

^^this. I have a gas KJW M700, it's taken a little while to get working properly and still needs some fine tuning and air sealing done, but I have a great knowledge of its insides and how it works because of it. Granted, I don't have to deal with a gearbox or anything too complicated on it, but it's still a daunting prospect to strip it.

You've missed the point but no matter.

Buying airsoft weapons is not like buying shoes. I'm not spending £30 quid, I'm spending a good £300+ so I need it to be right.

I'm listening to people's opinions as it's the first time I've purchased a airsoft weapon

So people's experience and views are very important in this case, after all this is what the forum is for!!

And I do appreciate you finding one for me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.