vision/glasses help

EuanM9105

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'd like to say I'm not a newb however I am and this get to the point my right eye is absolutely dreadful so without my glasses I have to shoot lefty which is a pain and I was wondering does anyone else where glasses and have a solution p.s I can't where contacts they don't get on with my eyes

I have the same problem, I have a pair of ESS Crossbow/Crossbar for which you can buy a lens insert - google the airsoft optician and he can do you custom lenses for it.

I fog on just about anything because I sweat more than anyone I know. Fogging is a real issue for me generally. I have tried a few full seal solutions (Bolle Raiders and now Desert Locusts with a fan) and in both cases I have tried glasses inserts and its not worked out. The inserts for me fog immediately, they are much more prone to fogging/rainout than the lenses of the goggles themselves.

But if contacts don't work then you don't have a lot of options, you have to try a prescription insert. Get a set of goggles you are happy with and that take a prescription insert there are a lot of choices from ESS, Revision, Bolle and Oakley that can do this. You can take the inserts to your opticians to get them glazed but ask for polycarbonate lenses, and if they do it also get an anti fog coating on that as well. If they don't do an anti fog coating you can at least get an anti fog spray, they are pretty much all the same, they delay the inevitable if you are getting hot and wet then they are going to eventually impair your vision but at least its not immediately.

The other option is some really big goggles that go over the top of the glasses, some mesh ones might be very appropriate here as they wouldn't fog up. But I can't say I have tried any that allow glasses underneith, but I know airsoftgi has a video about goggles and mesh masks and which ones they have tried over glasses which might help you out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.