shorter barrel for G&G CM16 L

Mr Jacobs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey chaps im new to airsofting so know very little about the inners of a weapon. I recently purchased the G&G CM16 long and although i like this gun alot its very awkward in CQC, i want to know if i can get a shorter barrel for it, ive googled a few things but i dont understand what im reading can anyone help?

so you would probably be advised to buy a tight bore inner with an outer that fits. I don't know that much about barrels but I heard madbull's are good for their price, 6.03mm. Your only problem is it will increase accuracy but will also increase FPS. I will have a look for you and edit stuff in :)

• Supporters

OK. Once again everyone is missing the point. The OP wants to know what he needs to have a shorter outer barrel on a Raider Long.

This video is for putting a shorter barrel on a standard CQC length Raider but the principle should be the same:

Then you're going to need to buy your new outer barrel, i would suggest a 10.5" one which will still allow you to re-use the existing front sight post. After that you're going to need a new inner barrel of the correct length (should be 300mm). Most aftermarket inner barrels are going to be tight bores so look for something as per the suggestions above which is a 6.03mm inside diameter. (check AK2M4.co.uk for these).

Then you'll need to fit it (best doing this while the gun's apart for changing the outer)

Then you'll need to post pictures here so we can all tell you what a wonderful job you've done/how to make it work again ;)

thanks for the replies i havent watched the videos yet i will when i get home, i havnt found an outer barrel yet but fou d this inner barrel:

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels/core-aeg-6.03-inner-barrel-300mm-thompson-m1a1

i know it says for the thompson but does that matter cos its the same length and diamater?

thanks for the replies i havent watched the videos yet i will when i get home, i havnt found an outer barrel yet but fou d this inner barrel:

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels/core-aeg-6.03-inner-barrel-300mm-thompson-m1a1

i know it says for the thompson but does that matter cos its the same length and diamater?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.