AK 47 folding stock

johnsmeg1987

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently bought a AK 47c, with a folding stock, it hasn't been used in a skirmish yet, but it has been used quite a bit in the backyard, when i first got it the stock was a bit stiff when folding, but after a couple of times it seemed fine, but when i tried folding it back up the left stock arm came off, from what i can see there is nothing broken, i've looked at a few places but i can't find anywhere that tells me how to re-attach it, so i thought i would look on here, if anyone could help explain how to attach the stock i would appreciate it a lot

Thank you for your time

John

SRC - that's your problem.

Cant see how you would reattach that beyond drilling it out and inserting a screw.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Actually, surprisingly enough for SRC, that is the standard design for AK-47S under folding stocks (used by Tokyo Marui, CYMA, JG, Inokatsu and LCT). It's difficult to tell from your pic, but it looks like the bolt which holds the spring loaded locking bit and stock to the interior plate has failed. If not however, you should be able to break the gun down, remove the plate, reattach it, and reassemble. This is what it looks like inside:

IMAG0299.jpg

...the plate is attached to the receiver by 2 bolts separate from that holding the mechanism together.

TBH, the movement of the stock is something which is integral to that model, so unless it's over a year old, I'd be tempted to get in touch with the retailer. Trouble is, by the orange body and that it's an SRC AK, i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you bought it from somewhere with BBguns in the name, right? In which case you will be very unlikely to get any customer service worthy of the name...

If all else fails, you should be able to replace the whole unit, either with an alloy one or a steel one - bear in mind that both of these have the somewhat dodgy alloy locking mechanism, like all of them using this design.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.