What causes Misfeeding?

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I would like to know what causes misfeeding in order for me to diagnose this misfeed problem, I am pretty certain my magazines feed properly (how to test? a lot off bbs come out if i do pull the bb bit back).

Aside from the magazine issue what else causes misfeeding?:

To describe my problem thoroughly the first mag I put through it on my finished rebuild worked great, a few bbs did begin to misfeed at the end which was very annoying and it just dry fired before the mag could even finish (which leads me to assume the batteries are so weak that through 30shots they lose a lot more power).

I personally think the problem could be weak batteries, I have 9.6v to power a A2 + M140 (yes I know but the 1600 mah 9.6v does work - at least i think). Which would partially explain how it feeds at first and then stops feeding. I'll buy some 11.1s soon (would cost about £70 to get a lipo kit) but if that does not completely fix the issue what could be the problem?

If I hand drop a bb in the hop chamber what happens is the BB just sits on the lip of the mag and doesn't do anything... I have to poke the bb a bit through the feeding hole into the hop up for it to go in (requires a bit of a poke with some tweezers) then it works because the BB is inside the hop chamber and sits ring in front of the air seal nozzle.

Is that BB issue normal, haven't really compared it with a working gun because I don't have one for the moment. If you put your AEG upside down and dropped a BB in the hop unit does it go through and does everything work, or does the magazine put a bit of a push onto the bb causing it to go in?

if i could get a working gun it would really help me to examine the differences but I cant for a month or two, ideally would like to solve the issue independantly before then. Or could the problem be the magazine all along.. perhaps it isnt pushing out the BBs at enough force for it to go into the Mag chamber?

Sorry about the boring read and sorta mis leading threat title, really want as many views on this as possible.

Cheers

Batteries has nothing to do with that.

Your mags are not compatible with the gun. Try pushing the mag forward or backward or up to check if it feeds that way. The magazine is a problematic point of an M4.

yes i understand that but it worked with the gearbox when it was stock and the first mag usually half works. the mags are compatible because they did work with it before i upgraded the entire GB internals. they are King Arm mags

• Supporters

Sounds to me like something doesn't line up any more since you took it apart. Is it front or rear wired? If it's front wired then it may be the wiring needs slightly re-routing around the hop unit.

• Supporters

Generally you need about 4 BBs inside the hop tube for the top one to reach the hop chamber in order to be fed into the gun. Those 4 BBs are just free floating, and you lose them once you remove the magazine.

When the mag is in, the mag spring acts on them, unless the mag and hop unit's feed tube are out of alignment.

It's the air nozzle moving back and forth via the gears acting on the tappet plate that physically pushes the BBs forward into the hop unit.

So feed issues are either your mags, the position of your mags, the position of your gearbox and hop unit's feed tube, or the nozzle/tappet plate/sector gear - all 3 of which work together to move the nozzle back and forth.

Or indeed, a combination of those things.

Hmm so I tried two mags today with the batteries, at first not a single bullet misfeed then later on, 20 pulls through / 30 one of the bbs misfed and then gradually a bit more, till the point where id have to pull it a few times for a single bullet to go through. changed the batteries because the old 9.6v ran out of juice (couldnt cycle the gb anymore, just locked and made a locking noise when trying it) basically the same thing happened.

also you wouldn't think that an m140 would have the power to semi through 1inch cardboard and then pierce the cover of my pillow lol.

i feel like the issue is a slowly progressive one that can be fixed by the batteries, in what circumstances can the batteries do this? it only misfeeds once i hear the gun shooting much "slower" because the batteries have nearly ran out

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.