first time gbbr buyer, opinions on which one?

airsoftwarrior147

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all first off thanks for looking, im after infomation surrounding gbbr.

ok so i kinda asked this in the status bit but not in much detail.

first of are there any major problems that most suffer ootb?/do you need to change parts straight away?if so which parts?

second of all why do you see people running gbb pistols and gbb rifles on propane instead of green gas?

finally which rifle do people think would most suit a first time gbbr user.

1)an aks74u, unsure of the make yet (research begins tomorrow)

2)hk 416c would probably be we simpily becasue i know they make one.

3) tm mp7

so what do people think, which one will be the cheapest, in mags and add ons to get it skirmish-able and generally the looks, function.

photos for refrance, dont know if they are the gbb versions.ER-M4-HK416C-45_zps14802461.jpg

ASK205-1L_zps76896b7b.jpgTM-GBB-MP7-1L_zps45eab956.jpg

Repeat after me - buy a GHK buy a GHK buy a GHK. That is all you need to know re gas guns. They do a nice AKS74U as well as the ever popular and brilliant G5

So propane is less money but they last a lot longer, ed is the one to ask about this, and all gas gun related. Try go outdoors, they have the best prices apparently. WE hk416's are compatible with ra tech, and I am looking at them currently but haven't made my mind up.

I have heard the TM MP7 is better than the kwa but yanks hate to admit it (kwa seems to be more american the tm in that most people over there have kwa pistols etc) but apparently it has a nicer feel, better externals and internals are very good as well.

GHK do an AK range, never heard about them but one would assume they are good because they are GHK. However, I have no idea of this, and this is a one off so don't get mad, arnies airsoft has a thread about them in the reviews section, something like 25 pages so you might want to have a little look at it.

Apparently the WE mags (from eds video), he said that the current gen (gen 2) mags are a much easier repair, and are better at holding gas. I would send him a PM, he obvs is very good with that stuff.

Also, a lot of lubing, greasing and maintenance goes on, however I look at it as part of the package and not a chore, depends how you see it really.

GHK G5 is probably the cheapest way in if you're buying new and a simple gun to maintain (I know as even I can manage), however the present semi-cult status means second hand prices are also high. Also it works straight out of the box.

As to propane - you'll be using a lot more gas (though don't over gas your mags) so propane does work out a lot cheaper, but then you must be religious on your cleaning post skirmish as it does not contain the silicon oil you need to maintain the seals in your mags, plus propane contains some crud that the airsoft gasses do not.

For AKs GHK have a very good reputation, but not for the AEG to GBBR conversion kit.

If you're happy to go SMG rather than GBBR then there's a good few out there that seem to get good feedback reviews - KWA MP9, TM MP7, ... - these are cheaper, the mags carry more amo (about 50 rounds in general compared to the 30-40 in GBBRs (45 in an AK) and are possibly more forgiving. Also many of them tend to be sub 350 fps without any mods, unlike a lot of the GBBRs (GHK G5 comes in at about 330 fps on 0.20g pellets with green gas/propane).

• Supporters

Out of those options, I think the TM MP7 would be the best introduction to gas primaries, 'cos it's more akin to a pistol than a rifle and it's very, very gas efficient and reliable, never heard of one needing new parts. Just don't drop the mags...

Though by the same token, I feel that part of what it means to own a gas rifle, is being forced to learn exactly how it works, knowing it inside out, and having the confidence and the knowledge to fix it yourself, and gain satisfaction from doing so, and I think WE offer that the best.

Incredibly good performance, but some parts in certain areas are lacking, so you need to keep tabs on them, mod them a bit DIY style and sort of nurse them along, with a steady supply of spare bits and bobs - to me, that's what it means to own a gas rifle. They're so simplistic that once an issue is diagnosed, that's the hard part done with, and I love that.

• Supporters

A 416c is pretty much an AR15 variant, I'd suggest something with a more conventional stock (not sure what internals the C has but probably still not that differrnt) but there's not much difference.

As for the prices, a gbbr is going to be expensive regardless of which you get, 300 plus £35 a mag is the minimum you'll be paying.

A friend of mine bought the TM MP7 as his first gbbr. Used it about 5 times as his pirmary and he's in love with it. No issues as of yet, easy to maintain, crisp recoil and noise and is and all around performer.

In fact....it's seeing his in action that makes me want a gbbr next...

Ha well mags arnt a problem as I pay £30 plus for 1 mid cap for the 417 as it is, so I don't mind.

I'm kinda swaying towards the 416c or the mp7.

Both allow me to use in cqb and woodland environments, whilst also giving me the kick and boost in realism ??

Arrh descisions

Edit_ this won't be brought inmediatly, as I still have to get rid of a gun or two , and raise the cash

Ha well mags arnt a problem as I pay £30 plus for 1 mid cap for the 417 as it is, so I don't mind.

I'm kinda swaying towards the 416c or the mp7.

Both allow me to use in cqb and woodland environments, whilst also giving me the kick and boost in realism ??

Arrh descisions

Edit_ this won't be brought inmediatly, as I still have to get rid of a gun or two , and raise the cash

I'd say go for the MP7 - the 416c in both manufacturers uses a short stroked bolt, which WE have never done before successfully (and definitely haven't this time - Nugentgl on youtube has a list of faults for it a mile long - its been out 2 months...), and the other, the VFC, self implodes in about 1000rds.

I'd say go for the MP7 - the 416c in both manufacturers uses a short stroked bolt, which WE have never done before successfully (and definitely haven't this time - Nugentgl on youtube has a list of faults for it a mile long - its been out 2 months...), and the other, the VFC, self implodes in about 1000rds.

I'm thinking about getting the ratech 416 not c, would it be a good choice? I'm looking at performance and also quality something that won't break the second time you use it. Either that or a fusion engine

I'm thinking about getting the ratech 416 not c, would it be a good choice? I'm looking at performance and also quality something that won't break the second time you use it. Either that or a fusion engine

No. As I just said, it has a list of issues a mile long.

• Supporters

In terms of WE rifles, closed bolt is the old crap stuff, open bolt is the newer decent stuff.

You'll be hard pressed to find a closed bolt rifle these days, most will have been converted and I doubt any shops have any left.

The open bolt versions lock the bolt carrier to the rear when the magazine runs empty? Its certainly the case with my L85 which you also need to charge as well to load the first BB.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.