Sunday August 31st at the Mall Reading...

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I wasn't (went a couple of weeks back).

How did you get on?

Was good, I imagined it to be more retail spaces and a bit bigger, but the venue and site were great. After only playing at the Bunker 51 before it was huge in comparison, but lack of our team pushing forward meant we tended to stay in our half and not getting too far from our spawn.

Briefings were overly long but essential (hate em or love em they gotta be done, just wish the experienced players would be quiet so the marshalls did not have to keep stopping, we have all heard it before but be quiet and lets get it done quickly)

All in all a great day of airsofting though. Had great fun and cant wait to get back there...

Just wish the teams would play more coherently instead of 10 smaller groups sticking together, but again friends will do this and thats Airsoft....

Would be nice to meet up with some regulars and make new Airsoft fwiends.... As I only go with my Bro and his mate (we have another guy but he is out with a broken leg for 4 months still)

The 1 thing I do like about Airsoft is the tactical way you have to play and that works much better when people work together and get on. It wasnt until the very last game yesterday until I found people were more confident giving and responding to orders from a complete stranger. The first few were little groups against little groups with no teamwork outside of those groups :(

• Supporters

Would be nice to meet up with some regulars and make new Airsoft fwiends.... As I only go with my Bro and his mate (we have another guy but he is out with a broken leg for 4 months still)

The 1 thing I do like about Airsoft is the tactical way you have to play and that works much better when people work together and get on. It wasnt until the very last game yesterday until I found people were more confident giving and responding to orders from a complete stranger. The first few were little groups against little groups with no teamwork outside of those groups :(

Unfortunately I think it's always going to be the case when you get 100 players on site that groups of friends will gravitate together.

Happy to meet up if you're around next time we go though!

Yeah totally get that, people will always stick to their little groups its human nature.

I think sites could do something to help this out in a way though, maybe assigning a marshal or regular or even a random player as leader or split the teams into squads and give some tactical advice.

As a noob to the site after being hit and heading back to the spawn (quite a few times I couldnt even find the spawn, so after wandering around, waited a few mins and headed back to the action, this only happened once or twice) I had to tag onto other groups. I was happy to follow their lead and once or twice found myself "squad leader" with a few rentals who obviously were new and led them into some action and joined up with the larger team.

I dont know, it might work, it might be a silly idea. I just felt that we had 2 squads actually looking to complete objectives, everyone else was happy giving cover or just playing team deathmatch. And was quite frustrating with no order, in protect the VIP for example hardly anyone knew where our VIP was, so protecting him was pretty impossible.

• Supporters

Yeah totally get that, people will always stick to their little groups its human nature.

I think sites could do something to help this out in a way though, maybe assigning a marshal or regular or even a random player as leader or split the teams into squads and give some tactical advice.

As a noob to the site after being hit and heading back to the spawn (quite a few times I couldnt even find the spawn, so after wandering around, waited a few mins and headed back to the action, this only happened once or twice) I had to tag onto other groups. I was happy to follow their lead and once or twice found myself "squad leader" with a few rentals who obviously were new and led them into some action and joined up with the larger team.

I dont know, it might work, it might be a silly idea. I just felt that we had 2 squads actually looking to complete objectives, everyone else was happy giving cover or just playing team deathmatch. And was quite frustrating with no order, in protect the VIP for example hardly anyone knew where our VIP was, so protecting him was pretty impossible.

They have actually tried doing that in the past, when evening out the teams they'll try and make sure there's regulars that know the place on each side. The problem is that people don't like to be told (or even suggested) what to do. You can only help someone if they want your help! I've been there quite a bit and several times I've ended up being "squad leader" if you will but there's only so far you can go in that role when you have people with differing skill levels and different levels of desire to get stuck in. Funnily enough it's almost always the little kids on rental that are more willing to be guided than the guys with loads of kit but no idea where they are or what the objectives are! It's like "I know what I'm doing so I'm not listening to you" then spend three hours gaggle fucking in one corridor!

If you can, try and get to a Thursday evening game. There's less people so it all becomes a lot more tactical and less people just wedging into doorways!

If you can, try and get to a Thursday evening game. There's less people so it all becomes a lot more tactical and less people just wedging into doorways!

Haha this, exactly this...

Might be a problem, I work a lot of evenings and live in London so with timings and travel it might not work out for me.. Will look into it though thanks..

The Mall is fun and usually I am hyper aggressive in playstyle there as I hate the hanging back bit. A good BFG (impact and timed) will get you loads of kills there and help you enjoy the day and free the tactical situation up. I used mine way more than my AEG last time.

• Supporters

The Mall is fun and usually I am hyper aggressive in playstyle there as I hate the hanging back bit. A good BFG (impact and timed) will get you loads of kills there and help you enjoy the day and free the tactical situation up. I used mine way more than my AEG last time.

If you've ever played when we're there you will know of the one we call "Greg". Always dressed in all black he has pretty much spent matches with nothing but BFGs, pyro and remote dets..oh and a Glock.

• Supporters

Were you there on the 24th?

Errmmm....no I don't think so. The last game we did was the 17th I think.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.