Moscart O-ring maintenance

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys;

Quick question, what type of silicon oil or other lubricant would you recommend for hydrating the o-rings in moscart shells? I've used some abbey silicon oil spray but it isn't that good. Thanks :)

Are you talking about the old-fashioned 168 round moscart shells? If so, I tended to just replace the O seals when they were playing up... found it a lot more reliable than trying to keep them 'hydrated'.

Fair enough! I'm using madbull and some ACM ones (fairly new ones). I'll probably just get some new o-ring sets then. Thanks :)

The old Mosquito Moulds ones used to have a bad reputation as they have 8 very small bearings in them, which have to be compressed when you put the grenade back together. One of mine stopped working so I stripped it and worked out how to reassemble them. Once you know how it is fairly straight forward (a lot easier then tackling a gearbox!) - not sure if the ones you have are made the same way, but the MM ones have an O ring inside the mechanism which was the one that always went (or got nipped when resetting).

Try a thicker oil. Aerosol ones are very thin in order to spray well, that means the oil has to be applied more often. Look for silicon gun oil in a dropper bottle. be warned, you may get some adult sites when googling it, as it has other uses apparently :D

Haha I can only imagine! I've ordered some abbey oil in a dropper as well as a moscart repair kit.....as well as 3 new moscarts! Can't you tell it was payday!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.