FN VSR SPR A5M M40 A5

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

who manufactures it`? is it worth the £100 it costs here? more as a plinker than an airsoft sniper :)

copy/paste from elsewhere

I Preordered this gun from AirsoftGI so I have had it in my possession for quite some time. I bought it for just the stock and was just looking to drop my already built vsr10 system into it.

So from my observations the only things that are not vsr10 compatible are the hopup mounting block, some mag catches(Not the mag release button the actual catch compared to the newer model 2013 and beyond jg bar 10s), and the trigger guard. The rest LOOKS to be compatible with standard parts but I have not tried to mix and match parts as I tossed the internals. You can however with heavy modification use vsr10 trigger guards, hopup mounting blocks and mag catches depending on your skill level.

Quality is about JG level overall. The stock itself is excellent being some sort of fiber composite using what I believe to be abs plastic (Similar to the jg cream colored piston) however the saddle cheek rest needs some work in order to hold its position. The externals seem to be decent aluminum and the casting of these parts was much better then that of jgs along with fit and finish. Internally aside from the hopup chamber it should be gutted due to material choices and tolerances. Aluminum cylinder/cylinder head, standard plastic piston, and spring guide with a m120ish 7mm style spring, typical crappy 45 degree trigger system, barrel was uncoated aluminum, bucking is glued in the chamber.

However an important note is that depending on how far you are looking to gut it you can face compatibility issues. I was dropping in all pdi externals and primarily pdi internals and the mounting holes do not line up requiring the area that holds the rear tang to be elongated. This required the rear mounting screw hole to be elongated and extensive work to get the trigger guard screw to work properly. I also had to deal with the stock being off spec not allowing the barrel and receiver to drop down in place which some sanding of the channel fixed that. Making an angel custom trigger guard work with this stock required a long process with a dremel.

So its completely doable to drop a full pdi rifle into the stock but it will require a lot of time and effort. Simply using it as a base gun and replacing the internals should be more straight forward.

Some extra notes are it comes in a semi matte color, slings mounts freely swivel, has standard vsr10 bull barrel.

That gun sounds horribly dodgy. It's like the guys who came up with the name tried to see how many different gun names they could fit into it. Makes it sound like something horrible off of justbbguns. I wouldn't buy that, but I know nothing about that gun, it could be good, but I feel like it won't be.

That gun sounds horribly dodgy. It's like the guys who came up with the name tried to see how many different gun names they could fit into it. Makes it sound like something horrible off of justbbguns. I wouldn't buy that, but I know nothing about that gun, it could be good, but I feel like it won't be.

The real rifle is called the FN herstal SPR A5M. Its military designation is the M40A5. Im guessing the VSR is in there because its VSR compatiable.

Held it and it feels nothing like the jbbg guns I've held. Very light weight thou!

as for the name.. think it might be that Swedish shops have not come as far as English ones yet. It's not rear that the airsoft brand isn't mentioned on the homepages. combine that with macks post^^

The real rifle is called the FN herstal SPR A5M. Its military designation is the M40A5. Im guessing the VSR is in there because its VSR compatiable.

Held it and it feels nothing like the jbbg guns I've held. Very light weight thou!

as for the name.. think it might be that Swedish shops have not come as far as English ones yet. It's not rear that the airsoft brand isn't mentioned on the homepages. combine that with macks post^^

Ah, didn't know that. So it's not just a random mix of weapon names then. Still confusing though :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.