Aaarghh! Another problem. .23 gram BB's jamming

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

you get this I'm afraid....

and everybody has different experiences as we all got different guns n stuff + different batches

plus if you are really paranoid - is it better to buy them sealed in bags rather than in bottles

as you could think those bastids refilled jar/tub with Lidl / Kwik-Save cheapo fire damaged stock bb's

it seems to be firing much better so that is what matters in the end I guess

(cheaper to replace some duff bb's that overhaul your gun/barrel etc....)

you get this I'm afraid....

and everybody has different experiences as we all got different guns n stuff + different batches

plus if you are really paranoid - is it better to buy them sealed in bags rather than in bottles

as you could think those bastids refilled jar/tub with Lidl / Kwik-Save cheapo fire damaged stock bb's

it seems to be firing much better so that is what matters in the end I guess

(cheaper to replace some duff bb's that overhaul your gun/barrel etc....)

the bottle is sealed lol so you know when its open. but on skirmish day always put into a bag, I learnt the hard way and found out that in a bottle, as soon as a few are missing you become the easiest target to hear when your run :)

• Supporters

Bulldogs are not sealed - blasters yup but many others are not sealed

Some places sell bags that are not crimped or welded/heat sealed and I

have wondered - yeah are they the genuine articles in there or any old

crap you can find to refill empty tubs/bottles

plus there is always the thought of them sourcing stuff from other places

if usual supplier runs low, happens in many things that the original supplier

can change from time to time

but I guess I am a little paranoid sometimes - well most of time

think perhaps for peace of mind I like to buy in sealed bags of 4 or 5k

and kinda think they are what they say they are

One thing I did notice was the smell! The .23's smelled (in the bottle) like melted plastic! Compared to the 3 other bottles I have, the smell is there but they reaked of it! I'm wondering if they've been heat damaged?

possibly heat damage, maybe left in the sun/hot store room for months on end because no one buys .23g BBs!

lesson learned though, only buy .25 and above!

Funnily enough that's not what the guy in the shop said! No wonder they had about 20 bottles on the shelf :)

Seeing as how every site chrono's on 0.20's it would seem that is the usual expected ammo and my experience in my local sites is that most people seem to use 0.20g BBs.

^^ yep at my site the only ammo they sell is .20s . I have a dilemna in that my mate is renting a sniper this weekend, and I think they will give him .20 bbs -_- well all I can do is give him some of my .25s. Never used .30 and above so don't have any of them.

• Supporters

Seeing as how every site chrono's on 0.20's it would seem that is the usual expected ammo and my experience in my local sites is that most people seem to use 0.20g BBs.

Sites chrono at .20 because it's a known quantity and the marshals only need to remember one number!

I honestly have no idea why anyone uses .20g BBs for anything other than chrono, .25 cost a fraction more and the performance gain to be had is significant.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.