AEPs

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i cant seem to find much in this category and navigating some retailers sites is not as simple as i would like. on my phone i have an option to see the details of every weapon but that is not obvious on my laptop. unfortunately it is harder to find the correct category on my phone so i have to look at dozens of them to find AEPs and they seem to be in short supply

would someone like to recommend some to me? i like the look of pistols like the desert eagle, M1911 and styles like that. nothing too small or too big (M1911 is perfect for my holster)

• Supporters

AEP 1911's are slightly fatter than real steel so it can fit the gearbox. So if you have a dedicated 1911 holster, it won't fit.

Cyma AEP Desert eagles are great, they seem to have a greater rate of fire than other models for some reason.

• Supporters

Avoid CYMA 123 - fvcking monster of a 1911,

they take standard Glock CM030 mags

where as the 125 "might" have its own unique mag

the 121 deffo seems to take different mags

but Glock 122 & 123 use the usual cm030 mags

if not a glock then maybe 122 looks like a proper 1911 type

and proper safety - the 123 has a safety built into grip at back

if you are gripping it - then it will fire so to speak - me no likey

deffo wrong purchase on that one - again

Glock is most people's favourite, just works and not a fecking deagle

wannabe like my cm123 monster

I don't have a dedicated holster. It just happens to fit my pistol nicely. Not too tight so I have to yank the pistol out but not so slack that the pistol shakes as i am moving. It was an ebay auction that paid off very well. Something of similiar size would be nice but POW suggest AEP instead of gas due to the Scottish weather. I like the springer but it will annoy me eventually so I want another pistol

• Supporters

their is a review on the Cyma Glock on here which makes good reading

or ASG - same gun from £55 if UKARA'd in black

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/asg-glock-18c-electric-airsoft-pistol.htm#.U_cLsKNOgzw

most AEP's will hit about 200fps but at least they are right Green Gas don't like cold weather

Co2 is a bit better in cold than GG but usually to powerful - over 350fps

so yeah perhaps AEP & maybe Glock is not an unwise choice

read up on that review - do a searchy for it and then make up your mind

or some people use a short shotgun for backup - but may not fit in holster of course

tri-shot ones seem popular - firing 3 bb's at once

• Supporters

Agreed - GG or CO2 has certainly got more oomphhhh over AEP.....

But they all got problems like leaky valves, not working in real cold too well

As he is from Scotland - well lets face it anything over 10c is a friggin heatwave

and locals have to put on sunblock so maybe AEP is perhaps not such a bad idea

any backup weapon will do as long as it works when you really need it

Soz to Scots, no real harm meant but does like you often get

$hit end of stick sometimes with the weather up there

A Gas pistol may lose some power in the cold, but an AEP doesn't have it at any time. Pistols are generally just extra toys unless you need a backup as a sniper or do some CQB. Consider either a Gas pistol or a small sub machine gun (MP5K etc.).

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/sub-machine-guns

If you decide to go for gas, a non blowback gun is more efficient and will be less severely affected by temperature.

I went to AEP's (I've had 4 or 5)when I bought a crappy "upgraded" 2nd hand GBB.

TBH they are what they are,don't expect too much,sub 200 fps despite all the claims,good range suprisingly and their strength is their reliability,they will fire no matter what the conditions unlike gas.

Buy spare batteries and the "silly" extended mags,don't buy secondhand batteries,I've moved back to GBB but I would have another if the situation suited it.

it has been converted to lipo from the standard nicad at the expense of the rail under the barrel but that doesnt bother me. i skirmish in woodland so i have no use for a torch or laser unless the rumour is true about a new site opening in livingston which is a disused shopping centre. even then it may be well enough lit with natural light to not need any extra lighting

Pistols with torches added need purpose designed holsters to carry them, as they will not fit in the standard holster. They are only of use in really dark CQB environments and even then, you can carry a torch in your other hand which allows you to move it around without having to move the point of aim of your pistol as well.

i bought a torch today from airsoftworld. its a normal hand torch but very bright and is adjustable for wide to narrow beam. i didnt buy it for airsofting but i could use it if i dont mind having both hands occupied. i do have head torches too

if i really wanted it on my pistol i could tape it on

I have a Cyma glock running on a lipo and it makes it shoot faster and a better trigger response.

that is exactly what i was told by the previous owner and the same thing airsoftworld said. spare batteries are useless since it is not a straight swap due to the wires being spliced but it should last all day anyway. even if i do drain it, i will have a springer to back it up and i am now looking for a GBB to give me a choice of all 3 :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.