Tactical Flashlights?

Charlie_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am wondering what you guys use as tactical flashlights and also how you use them, I am looking to buy one with a buget of around £50. I am looking for a "blinding" flashlight to use at very close range in pitch black. I will aslo want to hook it up to my trigger. Please advise me in the right direction.

Thanks.

just don't be one of them guys that runs around with it on, because a blinding flashlight becomes an aiming marker, just flash it for room entry but in small doses

SHH dont tell him that..why not just get a normal pressure plate flashlight i don't see why anyone needs a "blinding"/Strobe light in airsoft unless they are not confident with their own skills

You can get a Nextorch WL10 illuminator for £39. I've heard they're great. NASH Airsoft did a review.

There's also the Element SureFire replicas which I think are supposed to be pretty good. If I remember correctly they are only £25-£30 from Asia (but over here they will charge £50/£60 for em)

The WL10 has a momentary on switch / paddle which is great or you can get a pressure pad for the Element SF flashlights. Try to mount flashlights as far up the gun as possible so it doesn't illuminate your handguard / barrel too much, use it in sort of short bursts, aim at walls / floor (can't remember exactly why but I think you will find it if you type flashlight tips into YouTube or something)

Finally if you're right handed, mount the torch on the right. This is cos people are more likely to aim for the light they see and if it was on the left they'e be shooting at you whereas on the right they could be just missing you if you see what I mean.

SHH dont tell him that..why not just get a normal pressure plate flashlight i don't see why anyone needs a "blinding"/Strobe light in airsoft unless they are not confident with their own skills

he dont play in my area so its all good. otherwise id tell him to do it and look twice as elite as i already am by brassing him up, in my honest opinion just dont use one. although if im honest ive just purchased an m14, and am thinking of drilling in some picitinny so i can have a huge flashlight on the side and an AFG on the bottom

• Supporters

I've seen someone use a modern M14 with all the RAS, Crane stock etc and a combi torch and red laser unit... at a CQB venue! Bloke called Coldy - he did really well with it too.

If you search fleabay for Ultrafire XML T6 you'll come across a range of excellent options. The type with 2 18650 batteries and the zoomable bevel are probably best as weapon mount torches, but they do not come with mouse tail pads; you can mount them so that you can press the switch with your thumb without moving your hand off a vertical foregrip. I've just ordered a pressure pad which may fit: this. The single battery one is also good, just not mental bright, but obviously lighter.

There is also a torch model "C8" which uses the same Cree XML T6 LED and they come with a mouse tail; it uses 1 18650 but produces a bit more light due to a bigger reflector, but the glass may well break if shot - I have used one with a couple of layers of blister pack clear plastic covering the front of the bevel and although BB's went through that, they didnt break the glass. The C8 often comes bundled with one or more 20mm mounts and barrel mounts.

These 3 types all come with 5 modes: full power, 1/2 power, low power, strobe & SOS. The prices of them go up and down but you should be able to get any of them for around £10

I'm planning to get an 9500lm Skyray soon, possibly on Tuesday, for around £25 - these come with 3 modes: Full power, Low power and Strobe (gulp!) but afaik there is no 50mm diameter circular mount that attaches to a 20mm rail so i will need to cable tie it on. The short stocky type uses 4 x 18650's and 7 XML T6 LED's, but there are some which use 2 or 3 18650's, utilising an extender tube and 3 LED's with 5 modes, and these fit into 30mm mounts with a spacer, so even though they put out around 1/3rd as much light, they may be more useful.

I dunno... I mean really, an 9 1/2 thousand lumen torch is probably pointless overkill, but i just really fancy seeing how disorienting so much power in a strobe can be :lol:

Edited by Ian_Gere
lumens misremembered

• Supporters

Even better - mount a DOZEN on a lump of 4 x 2 inch wood - switch on

then watch those 2 or 3 campers $hit themselves thinking......

FVCK - The whole lot of 'em are here retreat retreat FFS !!!!

They won't know it's just you with a pole full of lights coz they won't be able to see

and whilst you and your torch army get them startled - you team flank & own them

Capture the Flag - piece of pi$$

seriously though - any good value ones out there?

cot I bought some and they don't work with switch remote

so now gotta source some CREE 502B torches or something

Some sites don't like strobe for epilepsy reasons... So check.

For lights.. Nitecore MT2C... insane output, quick mode switching, small... If you can up your budget slightly... The SRT series is even better... YouTube them.

I don't think you need to spend 50 quid on one, I had the one that Ian is talking about on advise from him and its brilliant, with batteries and postage it cost less than 20 pound, its really bright and the strobe effect allows you to knock down epileptics if you run out of ammo.

• Supporters

A tactic which worked well the last night game i was at was to throw a silly bright strobing torch about 2m in front of some cover - my guess was that the enemy would not be able to see anything going on behind it and that proved to be the case because i was able to get out from the shed and into some bushes without being shot at and get a couple of meters further forward which gave me enough range with my SVD to hit even the furthest corner of the field (the area which they were congregating in, in prep for attempting to attack the opposite flank, since they were screwed on the flank i was crawling up).

• Supporters

I decided that it was worth £25 to find out what truly over the top looks like and got this.

Was fortunate, the bids only went up to £23 :) I'll pay for it Tuesday

Can't wait to see how many epi's I can set off a couple of miles away :lol:

• Supporters

Linking a light to your trigger is probably the worst idea ever.

What if you want to shoot someone without alerting the whole world to where you are?

• Supporters

Linking a light to your trigger is probably the worst idea ever.

What if you want to shoot someone without alerting the whole world to where you are?

Yeah, I seem to remember we've chewed this bone before, eh? Quite apart from the silliness, there's the practical considerations and people came up with all sorts of mad ideas for FET's and diodes and shite connecting the torch to the actual electrical system of the gun. I think we concluded that pressure pads were the way forward...

Unsurprisingly lol!

I decided that it was worth £25 to find out what truly over the top looks like and got this.

Was fortunate, the bids only went up to £23 :) I'll pay for it Tuesday

Can't wait to see how many epi's I can set off a couple of miles away :lol:

9500 lumin... I think someone got a bit valid away with the number pad there...

• Supporters

yeah, 9500 lumens is brighter than most lighthouses, brighter than the landing lights on a 747!

I expect as with most torch manufacturers that's just the theoretical maximum output of the LEDs combined assuming a perfect reflector, bet it's still bloody bright though!

• Supporters

Yeah, it will be bullshit, but a single XML T6 LED lights up 100m of field in the dark well enough to distinguish camouflage from foliage, so 7 should be pretty heavy duty!

I don't know... There's a lot of science into getting any electrical system to work well... Even my cheap Nitecore stuff runs at about £70 and will do that sort of range and throw... I'm not a ure about £20 from eBay...

I bought a torch yesterday from Airsoftworld that is a new type to me. I have a few LED torches but this is the newer style which is measured in lumens. What a bit of kit it is. I cant see me ever needing it in airsoft but I could use gaffer tape and stick it to a barrel if I wanted to. I certainly don't see any need to spend silly money when a £9.95 torch is more than adequete

• Supporters

I bought a torch yesterday from Airsoftworld that is a new type to me. I have a few LED torches but this is the newer style which is measured in lumens. What a bit of kit it is. I cant see me ever needing it in airsoft but I could use gaffer tape and stick it to a barrel if I wanted to. I certainly don't see any need to spend silly money when a £9.95 torch is more than adequete

You'll never get to being a proper geardo with that kind of attitude!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.