Opening and closing your gearbox

GingerBreadMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well make sure the piston is forward and the gear that moves it is correctly placed. The trigger spring is in properly. Then when putting the other half on use a small screw driver to push the tops of the gears into place from the outside.

Stick a small screw driver into the back of the spring guide and use it to keep the spring in place while you open or close it.

You might also find it useful to buy a couple of neodinium magnets off eBay - the ones that are about the size of a 2p piece. Use those behind the gearbox to help hold the gears in place while you close it :)

Stick a small screw driver into the back of the spring guide and use it to keep the spring in place while you open or close it.

You might also find it useful to buy a couple of neodinium magnets off eBay - the ones that are about the size of a 2p piece. Use those behind the gearbox to help hold the gears in place while you close it :)

I tried the screwdriver thing but wasn't expecting so much tension, I'll be more prepared this time :). I hadn't thought of the magnet thing as I didn't know the gears could actually slip out if place.

Thanks for everyone's help

Yer best to have a screwdriver in the back. I place the front bit (nozzle end) on first then the back, give the spring guide a small push forward for it to slot in easier. Then play with gears and the trigger.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.