mk12 build on my m4

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of having a mess around with my m4 and making a dmr.

Just after a bit of information, I want too extend the barrel and rail system. What sort of sizes would I be looking at for both? And where's a good place to get things like rails and barrels.

Cheers

With the cm18 (and I believe R8-L), the ris is removable via two Allen screws on the top and bottom of the ris but not by the Daniel defense style system. This may be the same on the raider but I have no idea how you would fit a new rail onto it.

Its got to be removable, all receivers follow the same basic design. The RAS will attach onto a barrel nut, you then take the barrel nut off to remove the barrel, you may need an armourers wrench or a hammer and punch to do it though.

On second thoughts I was under the impression that the G&G RAS wasn't actually a proper free floating RAS, and was split able with the traditional delta ring?

The G&G barrel is quite nifty too, its made up of three pieces, the receiver end, a smaller diameter tube and a faux outer barrel with the sight post. All three separate with grub screws. in theory you could find a tube to replace the middle section for whatever length you want. But bare in mind you cant remove the sight post, which a DMR wouldn't have.

For the right look you need a new barrel and a long RAS. The SR-25 uses either a 24, 20 or 16 inch barrel, so approximately 18 12 or 10 inch RAS respectively, but it has to be a proper free floating barrel. Getting those will be £60+ even for the cheapest.

And that's before you even start with the internals, making it accurate and consistent. If all your doing is tarting up an M4 its not a DMR.

[ETA] I just realised you are looking at a Mk12 so you need an 18inch barrel and a 12 or 14 inch RAS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5KU-18-Inch-M4-Barrel-MID-For-AEG-5KU-134-/281055251662?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item417032ccce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-RAS-MRE-KNIGHT-UTG-WEAVER-QUAD-WEAVER-RAIL-Long-Sight-M4-rail-accessories-/390605166463?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5af1e1d77f

• Supporters

Well if that's the case. That's that idea out of the window lol

Not necessarily. This video:

Shows you how to remove the RIS and outer barrel. Once he gets all the fittings off it looks like the receiver is threaded the same as any other so your options are pretty much open as per any other M4. You just have to buy the whole DD RIS and nut (and be prepared to fettle it a bit).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.