GBBR or AEGs? Opinions?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I love GBBR's, but the mags kill it for me. If you have ever shot an L85, or even just a powerful air rifle you will understand that kick is just awesome, and puts a smile on your face. I like AEGS because they are reliable, however I am seriously thinking about a GBBR

All going well I should getting a GBBR L85 tomorrow. Having watched a fair few videos showing people fixing faults with them over time I feel I would actually stand a chance of solving issues with one. I still have not got a clue how an AEG works despite trying to work it out. Plus the recoil looks proper :)

Though I love shooting them, the mag prices of GBBRs puts me off. £40 for a 30-40 round mag could pay for a number of AEG mags.

That said I probably will end up buying a GBBR at some point.

Though I love shooting them, the mag prices of GBBRs puts me off. £40 for a 30-40 round mag could pay for a number of AEG mags.

That said I probably will end up buying a GBBR at some point.

They pay for themselves fairly pronto on the bottles of beebs saved, I have been using the same bottle of 1000 for the past 4 months, 9 skirmishes and AI500, still not gone through half of it.

• Supporters

They pay for themselves fairly pronto on the bottles of beebs saved, I have been using the same bottle of 1000 for the past 4 months, 9 skirmishes and AI500, still not gone through half of it.

You can use circa 100 shots per game day? How the f...?

I can make a bag of 2000 shots last me 3 game days, but half that lasting 3 times as long, how?

You can use circa 100 shots per game day? How the f...?

I can make a bag of 2000 shots last me 3 game days, but half that lasting 3 times as long, how?

I run around alot, only shooting when I can almost guarantee it will land on a target.

AEG although i might get a GBB next year. i have literally just bought a pistol and i went for AEP with winter coming in soon. the blowback doesnt really interest me too much but the springer would be completely outgunned in the last game of the day which is normally pistols/single shot (if you dont have a pistol)

GBBRs definitely are much more fun and everything, but AEGs are better for reliability / cheaper to run / cheaper mags and higher capacity.

I have a feeling a G&G Combat Machine M4 or MP5 will be my next rifle, then a WE M4A1 (£275) or WE G39 (£185) or GHK G5 (£225)

If you have ever shot an L85, or even just a powerful air rifle you will understand that kick is just awesome

It gets pretty boring quite quickly on the real deal. It's fun having a GBBR though, no gearbox to worry about.

I like GBB rifles however it seems to me like AEGs have a huge advantage in that a lot of people pray and spray in airsoft and if you try and use a GBB this can lead to them having an advantage.

However GBB rifles are an all round better experience to use other than the above. :)

JB

My gas gun is bolt action, has a 12 round mag and I cannot even get a spare mag atm. It's a fantastic gun but some scenarios my AEG sten is more suited to. I love them both.

It gets pretty boring quite quickly on the real deal. It's fun having a GBBR though, no gearbox to worry about.

Obviously I have no real experience compared to say someone in the army, and it does get annoying on the range, I'm an OK shot and can get a 60mm grouping on my second range (was annoyed I didn't get a pass) but ik What you mean

I've got a couple of AEGs at the minute, but I'm definatley looking to get a GBB next. The more I see of it the more I need to have a GBB 417, even though I've got the AEG. I guess that way I've got year round HKness.

I don't see the mag capacity as a negative either. I tend to prefer aimed shots on semi than spraying on full auto. The only problem is the reliability of the mags and seals, but I guess that comes down to looking after your kit properly.

Gas guns are great, untill you get that slowly leaking mag, drop it on the feed lip, have to carry 8 mags for a two hour skirmish, replacing the bucking every other month, stink of propane all day, have the mini panic attack in the chrono line and finally out-gunned by 12 year olds with rifles that cost less than two of your gas mags.

• Supporters

Fair enough from your post in the what have you bought thread you came across as though the GHK gearbox was your first to see if you liked gas guns or not, my mistake then.

I'd still disagree though, if you look after your kit well and don't drop it etc and prevent leaks then it's not much hassle and doesn't take long, the mags aren't as heavy as people make out either imo, they are a bit but once in the pouches of a decent rig properly adjusted the weight isn't all that noticeable to me. As for replacing the bucking I can only assume you've had KWAs as every other gbbr and pistol I've had has been fine with them?

No need for panic attacks at the chrono, you should set your guns up to be safe from temperature rises and changing the fps. If you're outgunned by 12 year old then it's a case of changing your play style, being more efficient with your ammo etc.

Stinking of propane though, I'll give you that :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.