ZERO ONE you make me laugh

almurry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

got an email today from zero one about there price promiss as i found an item they were selling cheaper else where so as with most of us that look for the cheapest price around i sent them the info and url of the site that was selling it cheaper and today i got the price promiss back and i was shocked at the dicsount they have given me for it now brase you self you will never belive ho much have have given me off

a massive 4p yes thats wright 4 pence

i think i might just order the expensive one out of the pure and utter piss take of an offer they have given me

so is that 4p off the price Zero One were selling at or 4p less than the other place? Why would they give you more than that? You can't get it less elsewhere so should they go out of business to let you get a bargain or should they just match the price? :-)

• Supporters

They are not quite Asda/Tesco's and to be fair you are lucky they have matched or slightly reduced price

they like numerous places including the 3 or 4 major supermarket wars will always have stuff low/higher than others

Sometimes if you go into a place face to face - and be a real pain rather than a virtual online customer

the place has to ring/check the other place AND HAS IT STOCK is a common sense rule of thumb too.

I still not heard back from OnlyBBGuns - they price match - they did contact me via email 4 days ago

and asked a bit more info but not got anything back since about price match and crap

it was 4p off the others seller price i did it befor with them last time i got a gun from them and they knocked £15 off the other sellers price so was expecting a little bit more

i wasnt complaining as such was more for the amusment factor of it as even without the 4p discount i would prob got with the other seller as its only a few miles away from me and like most people i like to look for a bargin can any of you honestly tell me you dont shop around for the best price

when you account for the p&p compared to the transport to the shop and back the 4p more expencive one works out the cheapest in the long run

• Supporters

when you account for the p&p compared to the transport to the shop and back the 4p more expencive one works out the cheapest in the long run

That and for the sake of four pence, I'd rather give my custom to the people who were the cheapest initially because frankly prices promises are a cop out - 'we'll rip off who we can by charging more than most people because no-one will notice, but if you call us on it and we'll give you a discount to shut you up'...

It feels to me like its cheating - although I work in an industry where there's an eternal cycle of price promising going on between competitors and it irritates me so I may be misguided.

I would rather buy over the counter anyway and in this case it was the cheaper option. I personally wouldn't have asked for a price promise since it means very little and there could be a fault. Over the counter means you could return it and have a replacement within 24 hours. A few pence or pounds isn't much to pay for peace of mind

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.