Drakelow Tunnels

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It recently came up on my radar and is instantly on my priority list when it comes to airsofting. Can anyone give a quick review of the place? I know its used for ghost hunting and airsoft, but has there also been any situations between the two?

well..they've been having trouble recently (two weeks on the trot it was cancelled) one i think was electric trouble second low numbers
Me + potential_threat & his Mrs want to go..just had no luck with them of late

the tunnels are huge, the airsoft section is only a small bit of the whole network so there's no worry about bumping into a bunch of ghost hunters... one thing I will advise though is taking a torch because it's f*cking DARK down there.

Yeah, my missus' nan told me bout how dark it was when she went hunting the once. Hopefully a 2000LM torch might do the trick

And that's where the fun is! xD

Think about the poor sod with all the gear & no idea wearing nightvision you'll burn his retina's out

Doesn't that go without saying for anywhere you go?

Well..yes but some are more relaxed about it

I.e the asylum people were in parking lot tinkering and doing what not with their RiF's (saying that its only pikeys around the asylum)

the tower's on the other hand tell you to have them in bags until behind closed doors

The main problem with RIFs at Drakelow is that the entrance & car park are right opposite peoples homes, hence the reason for keeping them covered. At The Asylum the car park, etc is well into the middle of the site and right next to the playing area anyway, so uncovered RIFs are not a problem there, although you do get the occasional person taking a stroll through the grounds, but then that's their problem, not ours.

Drakelow tunnels is awesome!!!!! I've been there 4 times now. There's about 4k of tunnels with lots of choke points, cross roads and rooms that lead into more rooms. It was my first skirmish (love) so I'll always love her. Lol The only issue I have with the place is its no open enough. It was run every other weekend until very recently a now I can't find the next available game date on their booking pages.

There's no ghosts there either, lol, nobody's ever died there so I can't see why people even bother but hey... Whatever floats your boat.

There's a date for drakelow tunnels on 21st sept. I'm going to book early to fill up some spaces and show interest. Follow suit if your interested, its a brilliant site when the numbers are up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.