Making a decent loadout/setup

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How did you connect the metal to the straps? I'm guessing you cut a small gap on both sides and slotted it in, but surely that would mean it would rattle and move about? (very nice btw :) )

It's basically a strap, with pockets... Every straight has a pocket and every pocket has a Carbon Fibre insert to make it rigid... Then it's riveted together.

It has 3 sections... The middle one goes behind the molle, the bottom one folds up, in front of the molle and the top one folds over and down... That has all the gubbins on... It stays in that configuration with velcro.

It's basically a strap, with pockets... Every straight has a pocket and every pocket has a Carbon Fibre insert to make it rigid... Then it's riveted together.

It has 3 sections... The middle one goes behind the molle, the bottom one folds up, in front of the molle and the top one folds over and down... That has all the gubbins on... It stays in that configuration with velcro.

oh ok, that would be why it doesn't wobble around. thanks :)

Really cool! If I could, I might buy a couple.

To be honest... To sell, their more expensive than they should be... Their not cost effective unless you make them yourselves... To have them "retail" you'd have to ask about £20 a pop to make them worthwhile.

• Supporters

Not if you make your own... £3.82 each... Plus some spares from around the house... BOOM!

IMG_20140829_194929_zpsraglzke9.jpg

If you haven't already, please put a 'how to' guide in the DIY thread. The only thing I would say is that some Krylon on the clips would look excellent and a way of attaching 1/2 of 1 striker strip from a box of Cook's Matches to each, that would allow them to be replaced once no longer 'strikey', would be bloody fantastic!

If you haven't already, please put a 'how to' guide in the DIY thread. The only thing I would say is that some Krylon on the clips would look excellent and a way of attaching 1/2 of 1 striker strip from a box of Cook's Matches to each, that would allow them to be replaced once no longer 'strikey', would be bloody fantastic!

If I get time, I'll deconstruct the prototype one... It's shabby but gets the point across. The clips are a bit reflective... I think camo tape would work best... Paint would flake of as they obviously flex a lot. Camo tape would wear better, be easier to replace and easier to fit.

• Supporters

Krylon stays stuck to flexible stuff quite well, especially if you finish it with Krylon Clear Coat. But yeah, it's the idea as a whole that impresses me - like you say it does make grabbing a flashbang a lot faster than getting one out of a pouch. What did you use for the receptacle at the bottom?

Some of this...http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing-central-heating/waste-overflows/traps/FloPlast-21-5mm-PVC-Overflow-Coupling-3Pk-11478427?skuId=11989134

There may be better, a larger diameter would help... But I had all of 5 minutes to design it and buy the bits before the shop shut... So I just grabbed the nearest thing that looked right... Gave me something to test for tomorrow, though...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.