Making a decent loadout/setup

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm just getting into airsoft and I'm beginning to compose a loadout to use on sites. So far, here's what I've decided to use:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=9133

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/masks-goggles/empire-helix-thermal.html

What I'm looking into currently are optics, vests and other gear. If anyone could give suggestions, that would be awesome! Also, show off your loadouts!

so maybe buy a cheap eotech, honestly everyone says the clones are exactly the same as the branded ones, you can pick them up for £30. how much mney you willing to spend. Ideally you want a LiPo (mine cost £20 and is a beast) and you will need a cranestock, I will get the link for mine. Also you need a smart charger, I use the accucel digital 6 that can charge everything from lead acid to LiFe and everything in between. It has an LCD display and is brilliant. that will set you back £70 including the battery (although you can get cheaper) which is what I run, seriously good setup IMO.. You want some mags, probably mid caps you will find (not so annoying as winding up Hi caps) and as monty said either a molle plate carrier or something along the lines. If I were you I would get the gun, good gear and everything else meaning that if you want to buy another gun, you have everything you need for that as well, instead of spending a huge amount on one gun. That mask is fine although it may steam up quite a bit.

well you can actually, I have 3, and 3 too many! Soon I will be buying a TM scar H ( i think haven't made final decision yet) I think the only acceptable m4 is the 416/417

:0 team flex when did you get a tm m4? Anyway, the gun I actually use is the same one your proposing to get

very recently, from a cousin for free. i believe it was £250-£300 (not sure exactly) new. and has had about 100 shots fired through it. The TM scar? Yeah well, in that price range, love scars, would like some recoil (is it any good, obviously not like a gbb but is it noticeable) was trying to get a polarstar but have given up on that one, too many charges importing

very recently, from a cousin for free. i believe it was £250-£300 (not sure exactly) new. and has had about 100 shots fired through it. The TM scar? Yeah well, in that price range, love scars, would like some recoil (is it any good, obviously not like a gbb but is it noticeable) was trying to get a polarstar but have given up on that one, too many charges importing

Not a bad deal there then ;). Personally I think recoil scar > p* but I have no experience with them but a few people have them on here.

Not a bad deal there then ;). Personally I think recoil scar > p* but I have no experience with them but a few people have them on here.

yep I think I am going with that, what colour you got yours in? also, is the recoil any good actually?

yep I think I am going with that, what colour you got yours in? also, is the recoil any good actually?

Lol I don't have one but just my opinion from what I've seen on YouTube and stuff. I'd love to get one too when I can afford it (I'm only 15 too btw)

Lol I don't have one but just my opinion from what I've seen on YouTube and stuff. I'd love to get one too when I can afford it (I'm only 15 too btw)

oh sorry didn't realise you were talking to OP. same here nearly 15, and yes I am paying with 100% my money

Agreed there's not much need for any attachments to start with. There are already a few guides here on the forums I'd recommend searching for and reading, they're really useful for beginners and I wish I'd seen them before I started.

I'd say get some camo clothing first. Any surplus stuff should be cheap (especially DPM) and clothing is quality as you'd expect. If you've got a generous budget you could search more for some different camouflage patterns and manufacturers but generally surplus is a good choice.

After that, decent pair of boots are a worthwhile purchase. Of course don't forget good eye protection too, you don't want to lose your sight so buy a well known brand. Personally I'd aim to get some ballistic goggles such as ESS Wolf Spider / Desert Locusts / Smith Optics Boogie Regulators or custom mesh products by Heroshark. Again, I think there are probably guides on eyewear anyway (if not, might make one myself)

In terms of plate carriers, cheapest you will probably get are either MFH or Condor. Both brands should be available from Military 1st. I don't think MFH is great quality, Condor is okay but not the best and will probably break after a while. There's also Flyye which are a Chinese company but their products are nice quality. However I think the cheapest plate carrier is the Fast Attack Plate Carrier for £70.

For another £30 you could get a Warrior Assault Systems DCS Plate Carrier (CKinnerly on here did a review of one) for £105-£110 which is an excellent real steel mil-spec (military quality) system (and it's available in a load of camos to suit your loadout) available from UK Tactical.

Chest rigs. Loads of choice, depending on budget. Bulle rigs are good (I have the MOLLE Recon Chest Harness) you can buy them from Flecktarn.co.uk. Condor ones are also pretty cheap (not sure how they compare to Bulle) There's also the Tactical Tailor Mini MAV which is very small but awesome for a lightweight loadout and just carrying essential sort of stuff.

If you're after gloves, Mechanix are supposed to be excellent. I'm buying a pair soon but haven't used any yet.

Hope I covered some things you were wanting to know and that it helps. Sorry for long post, I can post some links as well later if needed or you want some more inspiration or something.

I would avoid the paintball mask and go for a pair of mesh goggles and a mesh lower face mask. Mesh doesn't fog up and if you get thirsty, you cannot drink in a full face mask. Also it looks like it would reduce headwear options.

Take a look at some cheap camo gear here: http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/special-offers.html

A good way to start is a set of DPM, boonie hat, gloves, a scrim scarf or shemagh (to protect your neck), good boots and a cheap tactical vest.

This is how I started, but these days I go for a more old school look :D

I do mainly WW2 gear now and I have to say that Webbing seems to be rather underappreciated in airsoft circles. Webbing is a very viable alternative to the tactical vest. A set of '58 pattern webbing will cost around £10-15 and will carry everything a tactical vest will but won't act as an additional layer of clothing to make you hot. '58 pattern seems to be the cheapest at present, newer PLCE stuff would cost £25+ and my '37 pattern webbing cost me £30. If you want the benefits of both, consider a molle belt and support straps or a simple chest rig.

I'd not agree on the condor stuff... I have almost exclusively condor kit and it's excellent. I've used their pistol and mag pouches, chest rig, battle belt, admin, map and other various pouches and their all top notch.

I very quickly found that plate carriers are mainly pointless. I can run a full day with only my belt rig... So much so that my chest rig is going.

On the rig I have, there's 3 sections, 2 sides and a middle... you can carry...

(left side)

3x M4 high cap mags.

3x. Pistol mags

(right side)

Dump pouch

Pistol

Flashbangs

And at the mo, I'm working on the rear, which will be gas and more pyro.... But that setup is for speed. (fast transitions, reloads, etc). You could double that all easily... Even the sides I'm using all have plenty of real estate left.

I'd think about what you actually want to carry before investing in a system.

• Supporters

Forget the paintball mask - it will give you problems with fogging.

Have a read of this.

You are best off avoiding any form of vest/webbing/plate carrier until you have things you need to put in it. Wearing a plate carrier for a single spare hi cap makes you look like a twit.

A good pair of surplus boots, and a pair of surplus trousers from your local army surplus shop (google it) or Ebay. I got an Olive, Tan and Black fleece from decathlon for £4 each, they go with most loadouts and are not too bulky now the weather is changing.

Gear is a cycle, you start with nothing, then you buy everything! loadout with 6 hicaps 3000 bbs, 3litres of water and wonder why your knackered after 2 hours, then you ditch it all and return to running mags in your pockets and then you load up again, each time the circle rotates, the price of the gear gets exponentially more expensive.

..... the price of the gear gets exponentially more expensive.

Not if you make your own... £3.82 each... Plus some spares from around the house... BOOM!

IMG_20140829_194929_zpsraglzke9.jpg

• Supporters

Not if you make your own... £3.82 each... Plus some spares from around the house... BOOM!

IMG_20140829_194929_zpsraglzke9.jpg

Very ingenious! Of course....you know they fit in an m4 mag pouch, right?

They do... But that means clips or velcro and noise and messing about... And in a rush you'd struggle to get one quick seeing as they would rattle about in there unless it was full... These are silent and always in the same place...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.