Painting Over Fire Selector

Brodders

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there

I am wanting to spray my orange MP5, however I have come across a bit of a hurdle. I have sprayed most of it, however the part where the select fire is still orange. This is because I want to spray it black, however I dont know how I will show the select fire. If this makes sense?

Here is a picture, although this is not my gun, this is what I mean:

GE0532%20(2)-800x600.JPG

Thanks for reading, and please post your suggestions on what I can do!

:)

people won't respond lightly. I'm warning you now people on this forum will tell you if you have no UKARA don't paint. I'm painting some items for my guns, HOWEVER I have said items in bright colours for one I come back from a skirmish, So I am actually allowed to do it. Painting a receiver though...

IF your really want to paint put masking tape over it.

I'd just disassemble it and remove the fire selector, paint over the whole thing and re-assemble. Those markings are kind of unnecessary anyway. Wouldn't recommend you do it unless you have a valid defence though mate.

If they were engraved or something you could go over them with nail varnish or a crayon but painted on I don't see what you could do apart from cover it with tape.

I'd just disassemble it and remove the fire selector, paint over the whole thing and re-assemble. Those markings are kind of unnecessary anyway. Wouldn't recommend you do it unless you have a valid defence though mate.

If they were engraved or something you could go over them with nail varnish or a crayon but painted on I don't see what you could do apart from cover it with tape.

Yeah, Ill take the actual selector off but the markings, I think tape may be the best option, or I could spray over it all then draw them back on.

Thanks, I think its too thin to put masking tape over it, and if I taped the whole thing it'll still have orange underneath

hmm, if you do paint may have to paint straight over and see if you can find some heat stickers or something for it

I believe some people paint the receiver (as long as the markings are engraved) and then use that white wax stick to fill in the engraving and then use some warm water on a flannel to wipe off the excess wax, hair dryer to harden the wax, and bob's your uncle.

I believe some people paint the receiver (as long as the markings are engraved) and then use that white wax stick to fill in the engraving and then use some warm water on a flannel to wipe off the excess wax, hair dryer to harden the wax, and bob's your uncle.

Just paint over it, they'll still be visible, the paint won't fill the engraving in.

Yeah, the markings arent actually engraved, its like ink on the plastic

Yeah, the markings arent actually engraved, its like ink on the plastic

This is what I would personally do in your situation, take the rifle apart, take a soldering iron and gently burn/"engrave" following the initial firing marks, done right it could look professional, however practise on other plastic first.

And what I would do, buy a new gun.

people won't respond lightly. I'm warning you now people on this forum will tell you if you have no UKARA don't paint. I'm painting some items for my guns, HOWEVER I have said items in bright colours for one I come back from a skirmish, So I am actually allowed to do it. Painting a receiver though...

IF your really want to paint put masking tape over it.

but its perfectly legal to manufacture a rif u18 if uve been to a skirmish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.