headgear

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

the cap isn't really working out too well and a mate has given me a DPM beanie hat (I think? It has a soft brim all the way round) but I am considering a beret. Any views on this?

the cap isn't really working out too well and a mate has given me a DPM beanie hat (I think? It has a soft brim all the way round) but I am considering a beret. Any views on this?

Beret's are a touchie subject some get butt sore as Service men/women have to "earn" their's so yeah never put a badge on it unless its goofy & has nothing to do with the military

beanies are good (well mine worked) as it covered my ears pretty damn well but do get hot unless you live in one like me XD

I wear CS95 complete with flashes, nametag and rank slide. The beret and cap badge came from a QM store as did my own when it was issued to me. I passed out of basic training on 26th may 1995 and this is the same as the kit I was issued in phase 2 (ATC Harrogate). Have i earned the right to wear it yet? Lol

I am after opnions on how practical it would be. I don't really want to ruin my remembrance parade beret but if it improves my game then......

I wear CS95 complete with flashes, nametag and rank slide. The beret and cap badge came from a QM store as did my own when it was issued to me. I passed out of basic training on 26th may 1995 and this is the same as the kit I was issued in phase 2 (ATC Harrogate). Have i earned the right to wear it yet? Lol

I am after opnions on how practical it would be. I don't really want to ruin my remembrance parade beret but if it improves my game then......

Most people get touchy on the subject when someone turns up with a beret that they haven't earned but someone else might have. For example if I was a former marine and someone turned up with a green beret from ebay and pretending to also be one, I would be pretty pissed, but as a former serviceman like your self you would be fine as you have earns it.

Yes Berets are a touchy subject due to the 'right' to wear one.

But on a more practical note you will never usually see a soldier wearing a beret in the field (note usually). Berets are not practical field wear and in my opinion shouldn't been worn in the field unless ordered to do so.

You are much better off with a bush hat (boonie) or a beanie hat (woolen style cap)

For practicality, Boonies are probably the best hat. They are reasonable protection from being shot in the head and break up the silhouette of your head well.

For practicality, Boonies are probably the best hat. They are reasonable protection from being shot in the head and break up the silhouette of your head well.

Not to mention keeping the sun off you're neck and the wider brimmed ones being useful in rain :)

My personal Favourite is the Aussie slouch hat. It's great on sunny days, doesn't get too hot and is good protection from rain. It also looks really cool.

I use a scrim net as a bandana... Works a treat.

I do the same but tie it like a shemag over a cap. It covers the ears, nose and mouth then. Has worked well on a scorchingly hot day as well as in heavy rain and thunderstorms.

it was the site owner that advised against headwear with anything hanging over the forehead due to heat building up which causes fogging. I have a scrim but I have no idea how to wear it without looking like Norah batty. I know berets aren't a patch on a skid lid but I think kevlar is a bit OTT for airsoft. I will try the boonie and scrim on sunday and see how I get on. Thanks guys

hat dropped in favour of a boonie

half face mesh dropped in favour of a DPM scrim

i have found an indoor CQB site that i fancy trying to i might have to get a whole new loadout now :D

post-9196-0-27350300-1409597161_thumb.jpg

post-9196-0-89355400-1409597174_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.