Gun size for early teen

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm 5 ft 5 and have no trouble handling a 102cm TM mk96 sniper rifle, so for a light m4 like that you should be fine unless you have arms like breadsticks.

I think the whole gun side thing is a whole lot of rubbish.. or at least something blow way out of proportion. I've used everything from mp5k/pistol to SVD and never had any problems.

exception might be really tiny players. When I teach kids to shot I've noticed that they to put the stock over their shoulder as they can't reach the trigger otherwise.

• Supporters

G&G Raider - short version rather than slightly longer version.....

if ya worried about a gun being too big or seems like you going cqb then short raider

is a good all round choice I would say than a longer M4 or M16

could consider other makes - some mp5's even a couple of AK's have folding stocks

but most G36's have folding stocks for cqb work.

A good adjustable sling would be handy, but choice of gun is down to buyer

if you really are still unsure then maybe you & m8 hire 2 types - maybe M4 & G36

are popular hire guns at sites, then chat to others there to get conversation going.....

you worry too much unless you was thinking of get a full metal M249 with metal box mag

or a £3,000 chain gun with even heavier battery dragging round

yeah like to see that get round tight corners - ergh no I wouldn't be hanging around much

in case they do manage to get upsairs n round corners

I am about the same height, maybe a bit bigger, I play rugby and used to play a lot more seriously, basically, you will be fine. I can lug mine around all day doing a lot of running and your arms shouldn't really ache one bit. It is mostly polymer, so it only weighs about 2kg

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/hk-sa80-l85-sling-od

These are the ones used with the L85s, they are 3 point slings and take a lot of the weight of the rifle even when your shouldering the rifle. Despite the term 3 point you only need a sling loop at the front and the rear of the rifle as well. When set up properly you can adjust the sling on the fly to suit your size as well.

3 points are a little difficult to set up (or even attach to a rifle) and OP won't see the benefit of an SA80 sling without a rifle that has side mounted sling loops. He's better off with a single point bungee sling or a King Arms 2 point sling.

• Supporters

I'd say hold off on the sling just yet, ain't as if you carrying a M249 with ya

you say cqb and the plastic/abs raider - hardly gonna kill ya too much even if all day

and cqb most of time it will be out ready checking corners etc.....

have a look at what other players have with their AEG's, great icebreaker to get chatting

about nice gun/sling........

you got mounts on end of RIS & at end receiver/crane stock if you look carefully

you can add another sling mount on stock near butt if you want to

but you could end spending £15 or so on a sling that is not comfortable or ideal

get a quick detach one as almost any sling my restrict quick peeking left with you shooting from

left hand side to limit you exposing yourself - snigger

naked airsoft - be ok if more ladies joined in I guess

hold up on sling perhaps n check what everybody else is using and get their feedback on them

I wouldn't recommend any slings under a tenner. I've bought one recently off eBay and whilst it'll probably do the job it just feels cheap and uncomfortable.

On the other hand, my ASG one point bungee sling is great (wrote a review of it on here by the way)

I think Condor ones are good (can get them on Military 1st) but they're at the top end of your budget at £20 and up.

Finally I've seen a few recommendations for the Viper 3-point sling and I know Ferro Concepts are good, you can get their LW-OPS (Lightweight One Point Sling) here: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/ferro-concepts---lightweight-one-point-sling-16089-p.asp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.