What attachments?

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im about to buy a combat machine cm16 raider as my first gun and was wondering what attachments would be important to get and if things like flash hiders acctually help.

I have a budget of £40 -65 budget and will be playing both rural and urban as i live close to both ground zero sites.

Thank you.

• Supporters

Yeah defo personal preference. I have a PEQ and torch etc but depending on where I am playing will depend if any attachment does on. The only main attachment which is on all the time is my magwell grip and rvg grip and obviously my sight.

• Supporters

I find some sort of dot sight is always nice to have, much easier and faster to sight in than iron sights and you can still see them in the dark.

Similarly a torch of some description can always be handy, even in the day I've used mine to blind snipers before, and they can help you track your shots when you can't otherwise see them.

Are they needed to play the game? No, definitely not, but they make it easier in select situations and if you ever get the opportunity to play a night game, then you'll already have your gun suited up for it.

Most flash suppressors are completely useless apart for looks, since obviously there's no actual muzzle flash. There's the Madbull Noveske KX3 flash hider which works well as an amplifier on GBBRs but not so much on AEGs.

I bought an Element clone KX3 off Airsoft-Peak for only about $11 IIRC whereas the Madbull one will set you back £30-40!

Also my red dot sight arrived yesterday - only cost £16 which is the sort of piece you'd pay for one from China.

Except this was from a UK seller so I didn't need to wait a month.

I haven't used any other red dot sights but it's about what I expected after seeing reviews of other ones (they are all basically the same, probably all produced by the same manufacturers)

It's really up to your play style, site, and personal preference, as the others have said already.

I'd say some kind of sight is probably the most useful attachment since it would be good to have one regardless of if you're playing indoors / outdoors and so on.

Maybe a set of rail ladder covers to make holding a RIS more comfortable and protect it.

Stuff such as a flashlight depends on where you're playing but you can get lots of different ones for all range of budgets. For example I think I saw Swiss Arms torches for around £15 with mounts, or there's Element SureFire replicas from China for like £25 (in the UK they are £40-60 or somethjng) or NEXTORCH are an affordable real steel brand I believe (WL10 illuminator is £39, NASH Airsoft did a review of it)

Flashlights and dot sights I use a lot for the reasons people have already mentioned.

Foregrips are also very useful depending on personal preference, but a lot of people use the magazine as one instead.

To kind of repeat, and throw my 2 pence worth in, nothing is NEEDED, however I find a silencer (or tracer silencer if playing in the dark like I do) a front grip, Red dot and torch with a mount and a sling not only help me massively but look pretty cool too.

For me its important my gun looks pretty damn cool as well as functions well and these upgrades do that for me.

I have started out with cheap accessories, I will slowly upgrade over time, but a cheap silencer does the same job as an expensive one which is nothing, they just look the part. I spent a bit too much on my red dot but I am happy with it as it is not too big for my gun (MP5K). So just kind of go with what you feel you need. I bought mine bit by bit after skirmishes, I realised after one what would be useful for the next and got it accordingly.

Oh another thing not mentioned, A MAG POUCH.... yeah, its not a gun accessory but you need one none the less. Mags in pockets are a pain in the ass and are easily lost, trust me :( even a cheapo belt with a pouch is 100 times easier than filling pockets with bulky mags and losing them etc...

Also I am looking to potentially get a combat raider too, where did you get yours? thanks.

Albiscuit im getting mine from zero one airsoft

For a very good price. Zero one is local to me and does great prices. Their website is also very good.

This is where I am looking TBH... Might buy next week before they run out of stock, Pro Airsoft said they have been so popular there is a 3 month wait on new orders :(

Im about to buy a combat machine cm16 raider as my first gun and was wondering what attachments would be important to get and if things like flash hiders acctually help.

I have a budget of £40 -65 budget and will be playing both rural and urban as i live close to both ground zero sites.

Thank you.

flash hider does nothing in airsoft.. well, except looks/length of the gun.

an optic can be helpful and a vertical grip is always nice.

This is where I am looking TBH... Might buy next week before they run out of stock, Pro Airsoft said they have been so popular there is a 3 month wait on new orders :(

I got mine there, with free two tone. the postage is £7 however you get a free skirmish to a number of different places, which is a bonus. There is lots of paperwork, about 4 pages all though most of it is signing, have quick browse but I wouldn't worry, and of course need proof of 18 (when My dad obviously bought it :ph34r: he used his passport) and away you go I think next day delivery, can't remember though really good and very nice chaps, not a fan of their 1 line descriptions but don't let that put you off :)

• Supporters

In order of usefulness:

Sling - being able to drop your gun so you can use your hands and have it still across your chest is so useful in more circumstances than I can even remember, but most obviously climbing ladders, through windows, or crawling, but also something as simple as explaining where the enemy are to other people; plus having part of the weight taken by a sling helps - even if you are strong, it's the reps that do you in, so holding your gun up all day takes it out of your biceps...

Sling Mount - your AEG's hang for comfort and ease of use can be greatly improved by where the sling attaches and what shape the mount is.

Vertical Foregrip - holding horizontal handguards requires your wrist to be rotated almost as far as it goes, which can cause an ache after a whole day, but a vert grip allows a much more comfortable wrist position.

Angled Foregrip (AFG) &/or Gas Peddle / Hand Stop / Magwell Grip - some people find these better than a vert grip.

Grip-pod - combined vert grip & bipod - can be useful, especially if defending a trench or other fixed position where you are not going to move far until you get hit, but on the sort of gun which you wouldn't ordinarily put a bipod on. Some of the tube type which have 2 legs spring out below have really crappy plastic legs which snap unless you use them very carefully.

Red Dot Sight - as Ed said, allows faster target acquisition. You need to get one which has a fairly bright dot to be useful outdoors, so the type which have variable brightness settings are probably best, unless you can get the same type someone tells you is bright enough.

Torch - you don't need to spend fortunes / Ultrafire is a cheap Chinese brand but the Cree XML T6 LED they use is the same as used in more expensive brands. The C8 model is a pretty good all rounder, but the type with a zoomable bezel is probably better as a weapon mounted torch, even though it is not quite as bright as the C8, due to having less reflector than the C8.

Rail Covers - can stop sharp edges wearing away at your clothing/equipment, but you should not be holding your AEG by a rail anyway, so it shouldn't matter to your hands - and you should also have gloves on...

Lasers - if your local sight allows green ones then they can be used outside and can be useful to show someone else where an enemy is hiding, but they're not really much use as a target designator to use in conjunction with your own sight. Red ones are not bright enough in daylight outdoors and indoors you are unlikely to need to paint a target location for somebody else.

Noob Tube - AKA nade launcher - funny to burst into a room and let go with 108 BB's in 1 pop, but doesn't achieve anything full auto wouldn't.

Edited by Ian_Gere
forgot grip-pod

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.