anyone going to play Destiny

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The ever so overhyped, Watchdogs? That wasn't a flop for us, over 3000 pre-orders, and a further 2000+ orders within a week of release :P

I like it.

• Supporters

Why is it that every time there's a thread about games on any non gaming specific forum it always seems to be primarily populated by people that don't actually play many games if any at all?

Destiny looks reasonable but it's not entirely lighting my fire yet. It does very much feel like "what Bungie did next". More looking forward to The Division to be honest. That and the new Rainbow Six.

Destiny looks like a bland version of Borderlands to me and the division and Rainbow Six will most likely be massive lies with a game somewhere in there as they are made by Ubisoft.

• Supporters

Destiny looks like a bland version of Borderlands to me and the division and Rainbow Six will most likely be massive lies with a game somewhere in there as they are made by Ubisoft.

On the grounds that the last time I replied how I wanted to when faced with a post that annoyed me this much it got moderated, I'll just say we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

• Supporters

Yup, kinda have to agree with Esoterick on that one.

• Supporters

Sorry but I find the whole "It's made by XXX so it'll be shit" argument to be about as constructive and useful as the average dog turd. Makes people sound about 12.

• Supporters

Sorry but I find the whole "It's made by XXX so it'll be sh*t" argument to be about as constructive and useful as the average dog turd. Makes people sound about 12.

Or it illustrates the fact they actually follow the track record of a developer.

Bad ports, invasive/broken DRM and a history of faking gameplay videos. Why yes of course i'll buy Ubisoft games.

Well I'll see what's it's like on Tuesday then. Please disregard my last thoughts on Destiny. It doesn't look that good really, it certainly won't live up to all the hype, but it could still be an alright game nonetheless.

I just bought the Destiny bundle because it was the same price to buy a new PS4 without any games. Then I got it from Asda, so another £20 off. Win! :)

My best mate and I will be buying Battlefield 4 / Minecraft / maybe Watch_Dogs.

Guys why are you all hating on destiny its a mmo rpg with a deep plot great graphics and runs on a top notch engine. You can explore 4 planets all the size of skyrim. All your arguments arent well thought of like the ubisoft one. The main developers are bungie and activision!!!!!

• Supporters

We could all be wrong, and in the end it don't matter really

They will make a killing no doubt and like many things.....

If somebody bought it, and they like it - who really gives a fvck what others think

I'm sure we have all bought stuff that others think is $hit but we liked/enjoyed it

happy gaming - what ever you enjoy, even minecraft ffs I guess

The more I see of it, the more I'm inclined to get it just because of the apparent "scale" of the worlds on show. To play it though I'd need a next gen console which is bit of a deal breaker for me at this time (no monies :( )

I'm more looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition though, since I absolutely loved origins and awakenings. The second game... let's just call it "fan fiction" and forget it happened.

Been playing it on and off since Friday, its not bad, but I certainly won't be spending lots of time on it, and i'm really glad I don't have to pay the retail price.

• Supporters

So the day one reviews haven't been as stellar as I would have hoped. Anyone actually been playing?

From the video I've seen of day one gameplay I'm happy to wait for this on PC as the controls seem a bit clumsy (not a fan of shooters on console anyway to be frank) and hopefully the world will end up a bit better populated.

• Supporters

I've heard a lot of people have completed the main story line in a single day... I was expecting people to get at least 20+ hours out of it, pretty much everyone has aired some level of disappointment, so I'm glad I never jumped on the hype train.

Though I've always hated Halo for having the most dull gameplay of any game ever, short of Mario or Sonic, so I guess I'm not surprised that Destiny looks like a prettier carbon copy of it.

I'll stick to waiting for MGS5.

I've heard a lot of people have completed the main story line in a single day... I was expecting people to get at least 20+ hours out of it, pretty much everyone has aired some level of disappointment, so I'm glad I never jumped on the hype train.

Though I've always hated Halo for having the most dull gameplay of any game ever, short of Mario or Sonic, so I guess I'm not surprised that Destiny looks like a prettier carbon copy of it.

I'll stick to waiting for MGS5.

I can't wait.

metal-gear-solid-5-quiet.jpg

Im really liking it actually. Only done a few singleplayer missions but i quite like the multiplayer.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.