Decisions!

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im thinking of getting the t4-18 gen 2

But come to think if I should get the combat machine

I want a good gun that I won't need to replace for a while

I thought with the combat machine after a year I would replace it for something better and I thought I may as well get the better gun now when I have the money

So I want to know your opinions and what differences there are

I know the combat machines are great starter guns but I don't want to have to replace it in a year or two

On a side note is the t4-18 gen 2 a reliable gun and worth the money I've read positive but also negative reviews is it safer to go with gc16 raider( metal combat machine)

• Supporters

Plainly put this way about plastic Raiders:

They sell out very very very quickly @ £130ish

not coz they are crap and break very easily but - well it is up to you if you

want to spend £100 more on metal or a bigger top-tech version if it is your

first gun - you will probably love it but you may decide to go sniping or just

quit coz it ain't for you

plus 2 tone raider whilst trying for UKARA then upgrade/trade in

ah well it is up to you

• Supporters

rent = 3 x £20+ hire = £60 - ok you got bb's battery to add on if buy your own

but you get idea and you gotta get battery n charger anyway

but even a clear carbine @ £100 - that £60 is halfway aprox and if you go say

3 more times to rent = £60 again

keep clear carbine as backup - buy ya top-tech with UKARA what have ya lost

well you figure but all the same up to you - me said enough - I'm done

I'm in the same position. I'm looking to get a T4-18 once I qualify but got my head turned by an HE scar this weekend and can purchase now and keep on site until registered.

I think I would rather pay more for something I will be happy with long term though. It's a good £30 rental each time I play but only have to play once more between now and the start of October.

Decisions decisions indeed!

I'm in the same position. I'm looking to get a T4-18 once I qualify but got my head turned by an HE scar this weekend and can purchase now and keep on site until registered.

I think I would rather pay more for something I will be happy with long term though. It's a good £30 rental each time I play but only have to play once more between now and the start of October.

Decisions decisions indeed!

Ah aha yes have you heard about the t4-18 being good

i was in the same boat as you, looking round and deciding what i wanted. in my case i did my 3 times in 2 months, and then purchased once my UKARA had come through.

i had the same dilemma with regards to guns - should i buy a cheaper gun to start with and then look at upgrading when i got confident/ wanted a higher spec gun. the problem that i can foresee with the CMs is that they are not metal bodies - i know this is not a major point for everyone, and some poeple will say that metal bodies arent always as strong and are heavier etc, but to each their own. the other decision was that Top Tech machines have upgrades already done to them - tight bore barrel, high torque motors, enhanced wiring and some have mosfets fitted to allow for 11.1V lipo. all of these were things that i would have looked at doing at some point during my ownership, if not almost immediately, so i figured that i would just go for the TR4-18 gen3 straight off.

im still yet to properly play with mine having had a few issues, but G&G have been excellent, and i should be putting a few thousand BBs through it shortly getting it going.

the biggest problem that i have found so far, is that once you have got your gun, you start looking on the forum classifieds for extras that you can add to your gun or your kit - ive already started looking at an under slung grenade launcher, as well as scopes, helmets etc etc - trying to curb the spending is a struggle

i was in the same boat as you, looking round and deciding what i wanted. in my case i did my 3 times in 2 months, and then purchased once my UKARA had come through.

i had the same dilemma with regards to guns - should i buy a cheaper gun to start with and then look at upgrading when i got confident/ wanted a higher spec gun. the problem that i can foresee with the CMs is that they are not metal bodies - i know this is not a major point for everyone, and some poeple will say that metal bodies arent always as strong and are heavier etc, but to each their own. the other decision was that Top Tech machines have upgrades already done to them - tight bore barrel, high torque motors, enhanced wiring and some have mosfets fitted to allow for 11.1V lipo. all of these were things that i would have looked at doing at some point during my ownership, if not almost immediately, so i figured that i would just go for the TR4-18 gen3 straight off.

im still yet to properly play with mine having had a few issues, but G&G have been excellent, and i should be putting a few thousand BBs through it shortly getting it going.

the biggest problem that i have found so far, is that once you have got your gun, you start looking on the forum classifieds for extras that you can add to your gun or your kit - ive already started looking at an under slung grenade launcher, as well as scopes, helmets etc etc - trying to curb the spending is a struggle

I always see used grenade launchers for sale on Facebook. It's just a phase. Once you realise how little you use it you probably won't want to carry around so much.

This would be my loadout if I were in your position

Primary: t4-18 gen 2

seondary- depends, if you have money maybe a WE glock or a TM of some sort, but leave this till last.

Gear: issue multicam/woodland kit inc top, trousers. Buy boots off of cadette direct or some place like that.

RIG/PC: TMC/EMERSON JPC, and buy a few mag pouches, and maybe a bigger pouch for other things to carry around.

Accesories: Plenty of heavier bbs, maybe a red dot, probably some mid caps, ( i think you get 1hi cap, that will be fine with some mid caps, will last you to lunch) say the mid caps are 150 rounds, then 3 of them means you have 900 rounds fully loaded and only need 1 mag pouch when you load the gun with a mag.

SPEND A DECENT AMOUNT ON GOOD FACE PROTECTION, you can't replace your eyes :)

£30+^^^

If you decide you want to play indoors maybe a torch/flashlight ?

that would be what I would do, I have probably forgotten something, so I will edit it in if I have :)

I always see used grenade launchers for sale on Facebook. It's just a phase. Once you realise how little you use it you probably won't want to carry around so much.

Hi Cheeky, any Facebook groups in particular - probably which is why im looking round the classifieds, that way its not been a huge waste of money.

I have both a transparent combat machine and I have a T4-18 gen 3. In terms of problems out of the box they both had issues with their hop unit, the CM16 overhopped with no hop applied and the T4-18 has high variance. The CM16 in addition came at 340 fps and I had to downgrade the spring to play CQB with it. The end result of all the internal upgrades between the CM16 and the T4-18 gen 3 is a grouping about half the size at 10metres, a bit more range and a 15 rps instead of 12 rps. The top tech has more consistent crono, its more accurate and it looks a lot better. It also weights twice as much due to the metal body, and while its tough its also a pretty heavy gun and its all on the front because of the metal rail system at the front.

The T4-18 is a decent gun in its own right, I don't think its a good idea to get one for the purpose of two toning it however. Either get a CM16 transparent or pay your rental and then go about buying the T4-18 once you have your UKARA,

Hi Cheeky, any Facebook groups in particular - probably which is why im looking round the classifieds, that way its not been a huge waste of money.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirsoftUKsale/?fref=nf

I'm pretty sure I seen one for sale earlier on today.

I have both a transparent combat machine and I have a T4-18 gen 3. In terms of problems out of the box they both had issues with their hop unit, the CM16 overhopped with no hop applied and the T4-18 has high variance. The CM16 in addition came at 340 fps and I had to downgrade the spring to play CQB with it. The end result of all the internal upgrades between the CM16 and the T4-18 gen 3 is a grouping about half the size at 10metres, a bit more range and a 15 rps instead of 12 rps. The top tech has more consistent crono, its more accurate and it looks a lot better. It also weights twice as much due to the metal body, and while its tough its also a pretty heavy gun and its all on the front because of the metal rail system at the front.

The T4-18 is a decent gun in its own right, I don't think its a good idea to get one for the purpose of two toning it however. Either get a CM16 transparent or pay your rental and then go about buying the T4-18 once you have your UKARA,

I think you had lemons, which is very uncommon for both guns. My G&G cm16 is completely fine with hop, didn't need to downgrade and had no huge problems out of the box.

I think you had lemons, which is very uncommon for both guns. My G&G cm16 is completely fine with hop, didn't need to downgrade and had no huge problems out of the box.

All that says is that G&G has quality control issues and someone could still get a good gun or a bad one. That in itself is one of the major complaints people throw at WE so its not like its OK that I have received two lemons, it just goes to show G&G has problems still.

This would be my loadout if I were in your position

Primary: t4-18 gen 2

seondary- depends, if you have money maybe a WE glock or a TM of some sort, but leave this till last.

Gear: issue multicam/woodland kit inc top, trousers. Buy boots off of cadette direct or some place like that.

RIG/PC: TMC/EMERSON JPC, and buy a few mag pouches, and maybe a bigger pouch for other things to carry around.

Accesories: Plenty of heavier bbs, maybe a red dot, probably some mid caps, ( i think you get 1hi cap, that will be fine with some mid caps, will last you to lunch) say the mid caps are 150 rounds, then 3 of them means you have 900 rounds fully loaded and only need 1 mag pouch when you load the gun with a mag.

SPEND A DECENT AMOUNT ON GOOD FACE PROTECTION, you can't replace your eyes :)

£30+^^^

If you decide you want to play indoors maybe a torch/flashlight ?

that would be what I would do, I have probably forgotten something, so I will edit it in if I have :)

Yes this great but was thinking of leaving the rig out as they cost a lot ( I think ) and I'll buy an extra hicap as it's just easier

Can I ask what boots do you use? And face protection ( was thinking about hero shark? )

All that says is that G&G has quality control issues and someone could still get a good gun or a bad one. That in itself is one of the major complaints people throw at WE so its not like its OK that I have received two lemons, it just goes to show G&G has problems still.

no airsoft company is perfect, could be the only one in the world, things like this happen... All companies have this issue, if it were me I would send it back immediately no idea why you didn't.

they offer the warranty, if you have a problem you can get it fixed for free :)

Yes this great but was thinking of leaving the rig out as they cost a lot ( I think ) and I'll buy an extra hicap as it's just easier

Can I ask what boots do you use? And face protection ( was thinking about hero shark? )

TMC and EMERSON cost £50 + 10 for the pouch, not too bad, or just buy a cheap tactical vest for 40 quid.

I use standard issue boots, bought from cadette direct (sorry not issued, just what are recommended) they are very comfortable and are £40 but are worth it.

Hero shark do very good face protection, and will fit perfectly but pricey. ESS advance V12s are good, as well as bullet ants. I would go with something like the ESS, bullet ant or Bolle, with a heroshark half face mask protecting mouth and ears :)

TMC and EMERSON cost £50 + 10 for the pouch, not too bad, or just buy a cheap tactical vest for 40 quid.

I use standard issue boots, bought from cadette direct (sorry not issued, just what are recommended) they are very comfortable and are £40 but are worth it.

Hero shark do very good face protection, and will fit perfectly but pricey. ESS advance V12s are good, as well as bullet ants. I would go with something like the ESS, bullet ant or Bolle, with a heroshark half face mask protecting mouth and ears :)

All the sites near me require one piece protection was thinking about getting hero shark to attach boogie regulators to a mesh

How much would a battle belt cost?

20 quid onwards, however you will need pouches, have no idea about them : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOLLE-PADDED-BATTLE-BELT-WEBBING-POUCH-MULTICAM-MTP-ARMY-CADETS-/121407988221?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c447ae1fd

IDK much about battle belts, will have a look around for pouches, but don't know any yet so can't tell you how much it will cost all together. How many mags are you getting?

Heroshark might do that (would have to ask him) but that wouldn't be cheap. £35 + £35 + whatever he will charge, (I imagine 20 quid or more, could be wrong though) is pretty much enough for a dye 4. tell me how much you are willing to spend and I will have a look around for you :)

• Supporters

The thing about buying 'pre-upgraded' guns is, are they the upgrades you would choose? Admittedly I've been out of the loop for a while, but a couple of months ago G&G MOSFET's still had a major question mark hanging over them, as in they were burning out. IIRC they couldn't handle LiPo's over 20C. Now for sure an average 11.1V 20C LiPo is better than even a VP Racing 1600mAh 9.6V NiMh, but a Turnigy Nano Tech LiPo isn't significantly more expensive than an average LiPo and delivers far more power faster... and cooks G&G MOSFET's...

And that's just the most obvious issue. You need to decide if what you get for the extra you are paying is worth it compared to what you could fit to a wombat machine for the same money. But don't forget to factor in the value of hassle... both in learning to gun tech vs sending a gun to someone else and down time due to unforeseen fuck ups.

• Supporters

Sounds like you should also read this.

20 quid onwards, however you will need pouches, have no idea about them : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOLLE-PADDED-BATTLE-BELT-WEBBING-POUCH-MULTICAM-MTP-ARMY-CADETS-/121407988221?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c447ae1fd

IDK much about battle belts, will have a look around for pouches, but don't know any yet so can't tell you how much it will cost all together. How many mags are you getting?

Heroshark might do that (would have to ask him) but that wouldn't be cheap. £35 + £35 + whatever he will charge, (I imagine 20 quid or more, could be wrong though) is pretty much enough for a dye 4. tell me how much you are willing to spend and I will have a look around for you :)

Was achially hoping for the battle belt to be cheaper :)

Do u have a one piece full face mask if so which 1

The thing about buying 'pre-upgraded' guns is, are they the upgrades you would choose? Admittedly I've been out of the loop for a while, but a couple of months ago G&G MOSFET's still had a major question mark hanging over them, as in they were burning out. IIRC they couldn't handle LiPo's over 20C. Now for sure an average 11.1V 20C LiPo is better than even a VP Racing 1600mAh 9.6V NiMh, but a Turnigy Nano Tech LiPo isn't significantly more expensive than an average LiPo and delivers far more power faster... and cooks G&G MOSFET's...

And that's just the most obvious issue. You need to decide if what you get for the extra you are paying is worth it compared to what you could fit to a wombat machine for the same money. But don't forget to factor in the value of hassle... both in learning to gun tech vs sending a gun to someone else and down time due to unforeseen f*ck ups.

I heard that about g&g mosfets this is why I have decided to get the gen 2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.