i think i'm ready to buy my gun and it's accessories but i need someone to check them over

derpderp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

[OUTDATED]

Thx for the help, the reason i want to stick to a nimh batt is because im used to the batt technology used in them, also videos online show that nimh pwerrd guns shoot noticeably faster than a lipo batt. The charger im thinking of buying is cheaper than the one you recommend. As for the bbs are there any other cheaper bbs you could recommend?

I understand, but I have to disagree that LIPo is much more powerful than NIMH. Understand about the charger, NIMH don't need expensive chargers and I have used excel bbs which are decent :)

[OUTDATED]

Thx for the help, the reason i want to stick to a nimh batt is because im used to the batt technology used in them, also videos online show that nimh pwerrd guns shoot noticeably faster than a lipo batt. The charger im thinking of buying is cheaper than the one you recommend. As for the bbs are there any other cheaper bbs you could recommend?

Nonsense

• Supporters

just a quick question and not trying to necro OP was wondering what the best goggles that would fit roughly with the half face mask for around the £40 mark with no fogging would be. I'm guessing lozart would know as he knows most things

1 - which half mask

2 - no fogging? At all? Mesh ones then.

• Supporters

you probably using older style battery with bulldog and a crane one should fit in bulldog fine

so if/when you upgrade to lipo 7.4 then it won't be a wasted investment

if you get into it and maybe battery fails then you can look at getting lipo's then

I still use both kinds - lipo's have 7.4v or maybe too high 11.1v

then again life comes in 9.9v option which is a bit better

nimh old skool you can go up in 1.2v increments:

7.2, 8.4, 9.6 - I tend to use these or 9.9v life, 10.8 or mad 12v options

but if pushing higher volts/amps through gun then you need to ensure it can take it

and/or fit mosfet to help switch contacts arc-ing from higher volts etc......

as well as not wanting to hammer your new gun too much too soon

fine if looking to upgrade gears/motor/spring etc.... but wise to go easy at first

I gotta look at some time putting in a mosfet one day if I choose to go nutz

often just coz battery says xx.x volts - when it comes off charge then it oftens is pumping out

x + 1 or even 1.5volts more for a while

lipo's also do this - a 7.4v often pumps out 8.5v or more from charge

an 11.1v was showing crazy 12.5v or something once

life 9.9v seems to come of charge at not much more and very quickly settles back to 10v

(I watched it on a MultiMeter dropping quickly btw - jeez I need to get a feckin' life)

1 - which half mask

2 - no fogging? At all? Mesh ones then.

1 - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Strike-Steel-Half-Face-Mask-Dual-Belt-Ver--OD--jk000538_OD.html

2 - don't mind a little bit of fogging but not much if you know what I mean

• Supporters

1 - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Strike-Steel-Half-Face-Mask-Dual-Belt-Ver--OD--jk000538_OD.html

2 - don't mind a little bit of fogging but not much if you know what I mean

Nothing off the shelf will fit perfectly. But if you look on the DIY thread you'll see how to mod the mask to fit better. Any decent set of goggles will work fine but you'll need to make the effort if you want to minimise fogging. Revision Desert Locust seems pretty popular, could also try Bolle X1000 or my personal preference ESS V12 Advancers.

• Supporters

I was going off this video for the lipl vs nimh argument. It uses the cm16 raider im getting so i thought i can trust it:

All I can say to that is that he must have a shit LiPo.

Will a nimh 9.6v damage my gun? Would a 7.4v lipo damage it? Im still siding with nimh for now as its battery teechnology is more familiar. Ill likely switch to lipo later though. I also haave 2 more, very last questions: what would personally prefer? The carbine or the raider? And ive been reading about having to hop up the gun or something to increase accuracy when you first get it, how would i go about doing the hop up

Will a nimh 9.6v damage my gun? Would a 7.4v lipo damage it? Im still siding with nimh for now as its battery teechnology is more familiar. Ill likely switch to lipo later though. I also haave 2 more, very last questions: what would personally prefer? The carbine or the raider? And ive been reading about having to hop up the gun or something to increase accuracy when you first get it, how would i go about doing the hop up

not sure but highly doubt a 9.6 would, and i run a 7.4 and it does no harm at all. that's fine for now but later spend the 70+ quid for the battery and charger and you will find the results are very good and the charger can charge just about anything, and so the initial cost may be quite high but in the long run it will be much cheaper and more efficient to use, hence why everyone is making the swap these days.

I have the carbine, most people prefer the raider, I like the carbine but that's your choice, there is no difference internally just externally.

Honestly, leave it as it is and get a few good games before trying to mod it. IF you really want to mod it, you can add a sight, maybe some nicer iron sights and a bunch of magpul goodies including a stock, perhaps a flashlight or laser, then internals upgrade a few parts in the gearbox, add a mosfet, add a different motor, put a new hop bucking in, tightbore barrel, rewire to deans, all sorts of goodies you can do. For me I am leaving the gun mainly stock and will upgrade my G&P P* when I get it.

Its all down to choice in reality, and that's a decision only you can make.... (i'm beginning to sound like a teacher now)

• Supporters

8.4v is a safe bet for now to run in ya gun

your bulldog m4a1 if you still got it will be fine with that

I use 9.6v or 9.9v life's but I ain't too worried if stuff gets hammered

should be ok but I can write off some stuff and all that coz too old

flogging other crap to fund my new hobby and got a job etc....

the switch can burn or arc with higher voltages - heck even some

mosfets can go tits up quickly on bad batches - nobody has a crystal

ball but many stay around 8.4v and keep motor cool

but like anything you go nutz trigger happy the motor will get warm

the G&G's can take a bit of stick but I ain't saying you be fine with 9.9v or 11.v lipo

in case she breaks in a month or two if you are unlucky.....

Most places will advise up to 8.4v - if you go over they say warranty is void

so the final choice & decision is down to you....

Volts will mainly increase the fire rate or Rounds Per Second - rps

fps - Feet Per Second is the velocity/speed/energy measured at muzzle/flash hider

that is roughly it - rps can be increased still on lower or medium voltage by using

different gears/motor/spring blah blah blah

see how it performs maybe on 8.4v - if she fires at 13 or 14 per sec then that is fine

don't really mean $hit - if you are a decent shot then 1,2,3 or even 4 shots a second

won't matter that much and shouldn't run out of ammo so quick

All facts n figures crap but each gun will vary slightly to the next one coming off line

Try it - and like many things - it is if YOU the owner/buyer are happy with ya gun !!!

forget 20 or 25rps & 349.9999fps must have - if gun is inconsistent or all over the place

then that means jack

328 fps if doing some cqb sites, consistent 325-330 say

14 rps and good mid range groupings is better than a powerful

pile crap firing like nutz all over the place shots dropping short

from bad setup or seals inside

yeah I know what gun I would rather take out

I'm no expert - far - well miles from it but atm that is what I feel

Opinions are just like ar$eholes - everybody has their own

don't mean somebody is 101% correct or anybody else is wrong

you ask/research crap but final decision like many things is down to you

Thanks for the help. Im going to go with the 8.4nimh because i need too make sure the insides dont melt as my method of playing will be spraying until something yells hit. Im going to go with my current charger but will do the swap once i save up more money. Im going to go with the raider l and not mod it but i did a bit more research on a hop up and its suppossed to be the thing to channge the backspin on the bbs. Would i have to adjust it ?

• Supporters

pull down dust cover - it don't drop down on budget end G&G's and turn wheel a touch

test fire and hopefully the bb's will travel straight rather than curve down/up

adjust or zero you sights - rear sight mainly to now fire where your aiming etc....

that is really it - happy shooting

hop-up upgrade maybe if you find your gun is not performing too well in a few months

should be ok if new, give it barrel a clean at halftime - jeez have a look at some guides

coz ian & others have put some work in these and are a goldmine of info for all of us

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

pull down dust cover - it don't drop down on budget end G&G's and turn wheel a touch

test fire and hopefully the bb's will travel straight rather than curve down/up

adjust or zero you sights - rear sight mainly to now fire where your aiming etc....

that is really it - happy shooting

hop-up upgrade maybe if you find your gun is not performing too well in a few months

should be ok if new, give it barrel a clean at halftime - jeez have a look at some guides

coz ian & others have put some work in these and are a goldmine of info for all of us

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

I had a look at those guides and they answered most of my questions.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, i have learnt much more abbout airsofting and really appreciate it

I had a look at those guides and they answered most of my questions.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, i have learnt much more abbout airsofting and really appreciate it

not a problem, we are here to help ( and I'm here to learn )

i have been doing lot's of my own research into bbs and have come down to 2 brands:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264_311&products_id=8675 which are g&g pellets

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_reviews.php?cPath=264_311&products_id=4861 which are excel pellets

i'm thinking of going with the g&g pellets as you get more, what does everyone else think?

don't buy .20s. you will get 1000 with the gun, but you will only need them if you want to chrono in the back garden. get .25s (or if you can stretch .28s)

.28s http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264&products_id=8682

.25s http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264_312&products_id=2356

.25s are much more accurate than .20s because they are heavier so the wind cannot pull them as far and they will travel in a straighter line, and also further. FPS doesn't matter if its shooting 280 - 300 don't worry, it will be worth it...

don't buy .20s. you will get 1000 with the gun, but yo will only need them if you want to chrono in the back garden. get .25s (or if you can stretch .28s)

.28s http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264&products_id=8682

.25s http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264_312&products_id=2356

aren't those a bit too heavy?

also i did more research about the raider and found out g&g recommends a 9.6v nimh battery instead of an 8.4v or lipo

aren't those a bit too heavy?

also i did more research about the raider and found out g&g recommends a 9.6v nimh battery instead of an 8.4v or lipo

two things, read my edited post.

1. nope, .25s are the lightest you want to use...

2. thats because they are mainstream and it means they are telling noobs to use something that doesn't need a lot of brains = less problems. If you know how to charge a LiPo then you will be fine (its so easy, just braindead people will probably charge with balancer out and star a fire which means they will try to sue or whatever)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.