i think i'm ready to buy my gun and it's accessories but i need someone to check them over

derpderp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

a few months ago i chose to buy a bulldog m4a1 from justbbguns but people said it was not the "best gun i can get" and by that i mean it was dogshit.

the recommended the g&g combat machine, and i had originally chosen the g&g combat machine cm16 carbine.

but after months of saving up and thinking it over i think i've decided to get the cm16 raider l instead. it has a higher ROF (750 VS 600) and it looks better to me.

in the end i have decided to get the following gear from zerooneairsoft.com (in 2 tone green because of my age and lack of ukara membership):

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5774

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulldog-Pellets-5000-White-0-20g/dp/B00IVL1TG4

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6074

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/600ma-smart-charger-for-7-2-8-4-9-6v-battery-packs.html

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6101

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=264&products_id=2305

is the gun a good starter? it's my first time buying an airsoft i wanted to make sure everything works.

Will the magazine i chose work for the gun?

will the battery i chose fit and be optimal for the cm16 raider?

will the charger work with the battery and when do i know to stop charging?

are the bbs of good quality?

Thank you so much for helping!

EDIT: I have removed the speedloader and switched out the bbs, and added in the plastic bottle

the gun is pretty good and reliable, the magazine you have chosen will work with it. you dont need the speed loader in my opinion they are mainly for filling mid caps or low caps not high caps as they have a bit to pour BBs in. the BBs you have chosen are cheap as they are 5.94mm most people would use 6mm BBs as they leave less gap in the barrel

• Supporters

forget speed loader as been said....

plastic cup - thin cheapo one and the mag held in hand guide the bb's

into mag, pinch cup a bit and pour - not difficult to master

(well unless you are JambWow coz he is still useless at filling mags ffs)

2 x 450 mags = 900 will last most of morning n leave bag/cup at safe zone

gun - great choice the long or slightly shorter version if ya not so tall or

use in cqb - all down to choice but raider is a good one

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6076

battery - you can get 8.4v's in 3+4 config - yours is a 3+1+3 nunchuk

but 4+3 (2 stick should work fine)

you can consider lipo option but seems like you done some research

n aero one will 2tone it all for you so kudos to ya for reading up etc...

bb's any decent brand will do to start off - you should get 500 or 1k with

G&G gun I think and they are good bb's

normally the ones you get with many crap guns are worse than crap gun

and will jam - so throw away those - but G&G you should get a nice good

pack of bb's

mag - 300 or 450 think you get 450 mag like one you are thinking of getting

tape them together like dual mag in cod and you won't have to buy/run with

loads of pockets pouches etc.... so 900 bb's will keep ya happy for a while

(probably sound like you shaking marraca's but other option is mid caps to

stop bb rattle - yeah but who cares about quiet stealth stuff lets light 'em up)

yup - smart charger n battery - don't forget full face mask - a must for u18's

take care of your eyes n crap - most important is safety bit. get that sorted

Then go nutz

i've removed the speedloader and replaced the bbs, would it be ideal to get the new bbs? i'm not sure about bulldog as others said their guns are bad, but the bbs seem to be of good quality.

i'd also appreciate some answers to my other questions.

Thanks for replying!

dont buy the charger from there its a rip off!!!

same charger on component shop where alot of people get batteries from is £7.50, chargers like that dont cut off so you have to remember to take them off after about like 3 hours.

better off with this one, a simple smart charger. just plug it all in and it all charge the batteries and then go on to trickle mode once they are done to stop them over charging.

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/600ma-smart-charger-for-7-2-8-4-9-6v-battery-packs.html

so do i just plug the battery in and it charges for a while and i can unplug it whenever i want? i don't know about battery types or connection types, im pretty new to the airsoft scene, as far as i can tell the battery says crane stock and the gun says crane stock so i assumed it'll fit. that and the gun and battery are on the same website. i'll have a look on youtube and see if i can match the connection bits on the gun and on the battery

• Supporters

small tamiya and smart chargers will not or should not overcharge/cook battery

battery n charger will cost about £25 top whack, but it is nunchuck/crane stock

ones you need with small tamiya connections

think ya b500a1 had a crane stock battery supplied with it

so you could use that as spare but charger was $hit so get smart charger

so it charges ok and light goes out stops charging when done

(as with any battery keep checking feel if hot etc on reg basis)

forget speed loader as been said....

plastic cup - thin cheapo one and the mag held in hand guide the bb's

into mag, pinch cup a bit and pour - not difficult to master

(well unless you are JambWow coz he is still useless at filling mags ffs)

2 x 450 mags = 900 will last most of morning n leave bag/cup at safe zone

gun - great choice the long or slightly shorter version if ya not so tall or

use in cqb - all down to choice but raider is a good one

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6076

battery - you can get 8.4v's in 3+4 config - yours is a 3+1+3 nunchuk

but 4+3 (2 stick should work fine)

you can consider lipo option but seems like you done some research

n aero one will 2tone it all for you so kudos to ya for reading up etc...

bb's any decent brand will do to start off - you should get 500 or 1k with

G&G gun I think and they are good bb's

normally the ones you get with many crap guns are worse than crap gun

and will jam - so throw away those - but G&G you should get a nice good

pack of bb's

mag - 300 or 450 think you get 450 mag like one you are thinking of getting

tape them together like dual mag in cod and you won't have to buy/run with

loads of pockets pouches etc.... so 900 bb's will keep ya happy for a while

(probably sound like you shaking marraca's but other option is mid caps to

stop bb rattle - yeah but who cares about quiet stealth stuff lets light 'em up)

yup - smart charger n battery - don't forget full face mask - a must for u18's

take care of your eyes n crap - most important is safety bit. get that sorted

Then go nutz

i added a quickloader bottle onto the original post

as for the gun, i had chosen the longer barrelled one purely for cosmetic purposes. i thought it's not that much longer and thus i could still use it for cqb and suppressive fire. and the increased accuracy would be worth the 100 round ROF decrease from the shorter version.

for the battery it's the highest capacity one i thought would fit and it says crane stock, which is what my gun has.

i'm probably going to tear through the 1000 bbs which come with it just trying the gun out

i was thinking of getting this one for my goggles http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Tactical-Airsoft-Goggles-Glasses/dp/B008FUEQC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=airsoft+eyewear.

i'm going to start off playing with my cousin in the backyard but wanted to get a gun that works for that (he uses some justbbgun or bbgunsforless sa80 spring gun) and to be used when i go to an airsofting site

• Supporters

you need full face if under 18

either full face mask - mesh eye cover

or googles AND mouth mask

sites don't care if you over 18 and just want goggles

but think they prefer younger players to leave still with

their teeth intact - not scaring ya but it can happen

so why so many sites insist u18 - full face protection

doubt if ya rip through all them bb's in one afternoon

but maybe 100 setting up n checking/getting used to

target practice etc.......

2 mags taped ain't bad idea - should last morning games

unless you really trigger happy, just will let you run free

with nowt to worry about falling out your pockets.

you can look at what others use for kit/loudout and think

yeah next time I might get one of those.......

give ya cousin the b500a1 - but make sure you got eye

protection on - G&G will own bulldog so go easy and you

should be doing this with supervision coz it can be fvcking

dangerous - even ricochets can hurt or have your eye out

soz for lecture but don't try to be hard or stupid - take care

of your eyes chaps n stay safe - don't do it when mum goes out

would this mask be better?:http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHX-Airsoft-Paintball-Goggle-Protect/dp/B00AMTRTHG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BS8897VXM3Y688RAHBM

i'm not sure where you got b500a1 from, my cousin owns his own https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/HFC-L85-SA80-BB-gun-airsoft-rifle-in-blue.html

i'm 16 and he's 15, so i'm sure we'll be perfectly safe, however will make sure we're supervised. what would you recommend for the rest of the body? i'm not sure i can afford an assault vest so i thought i'd just wear a thick jumper with a puffer jacket ontop and some padded jeans.

thanks for all the help

battery wise buy the 2600 mah 7.4v nunchuck off of component shop as well as the accucel 6 digital with power supply - £70 but will save in the long term, I use 1 for my guns and it is perfect!

EDIT: NONONONO just saw the link. £5 for your eyes. LIKE WTF???? ARE YOU MAD. Honestly, fork out a lot for your eye protection and it will be much safer. Bolle do some good glasses and you can get a mask and lower mesh and that counts as full face for under 16s, or maybe even a good paintball mask, but not a 5 QUID JOB!!!!

The bulldog bbs are the same price as the asg blasters and have 2000 more pellets. They have good reviews too. As for the charger i want to stick to the smart charger and for the battery would like to know the difference a 9.6v batt makes vs an 8.4 one. Ill have a loik at some other masks.

The bulldog bbs are the same price as the asg blasters and have 2000 more pellets. They have good reviews too. As for the charger i want to stick to the smart charger and for the battery would like to know the difference a 9.6v batt makes vs an 8.4 one. Ill have a loik at some other masks.

ok firstly, I wouldn't go for bulldog, if the jam your gun you will regret it. Secondly, the charger I said has an lcd display, IS a smart charger and charges everything from lead acid to lipo and everything in between. don't get an NIMH, get a LiPo or LiFe, I use a LiPo which is much better than NIMH because it is smaller but has more power, lasts long and you don't have to discharge meaning you just top it up. People who say they catch fire are causing trouble, just so long as you use it correctly and plug the balancer in, they are brilliant and are definitely worth the money.

Not sure about the mask, soft bbs could shatter in the gaps, it may not be a huge deal however I have never heard of JT sports and so I am not sure as to whether that is a good idea. If you do buy the mask test it out from point blank first to make sure it will survive anything that could happen :)

Hope this helps, just trying to give my little wisdom I know and have picked up on. Ask around and as you are doing now make sure you find out plenty before you buy stuff which saves you buying crap stuff and helps you to get the best for your money :)

• Supporters

Not sure about the mask, soft bbs could shatter in the gaps, it may not be a huge deal however I have never heard of JT sports and so I am not sure as to whether that is a good idea. If you do buy the mask test it out from point blank first to make sure it will survive anything that could happen :)

Maybe you should do a bit of research then.

JT sports have been around for donkeys years in the paintball world, they make good if not stellar gear. That mask is absolutely fine but will probably fog up quicker than a peados glasses on a rainy day in the playground.

Maybe you should do a bit of research then.

JT sports have been around for donkeys years in the paintball world, they make good if not stellar gear. That mask is absolutely fine but will probably fog up quicker than a peados glasses on a rainy day in the playground.

well there you go, sorry, had no idea thought it was one of those Chinese companies, never really said they were bad though ;) thanks for clearing that up.

JT used to be the Paintball goggles back in the 80s until Oakley started a big push over here.

Another +1 here for ASG Blaster. Also don;t worry about the loading funnel - simply make a circle with your finger and thumb and put over the hole in the high cap then pour slowly - no problems once you're used to it.

• Supporters

well there you go, sorry, had no idea thought it was one of those Chinese companies, never really said they were bad though ;) thanks for clearing that up.

No, but your reply could easily have been misinterpreted.

Just FYI, JT Sports, Dye, Sly and Proto are all decent makers of paintball masks (among other kit) that are more than acceptable for airsoft use.

• Supporters

would this mask be better?:http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHX-Airsoft-Paintball-Goggle-Protect/dp/B00AMTRTHG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BS8897VXM3Y688RAHBM

i'm not sure where you got b500a1 from, my cousin owns his own https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/HFC-L85-SA80-BB-gun-airsoft-rifle-in-blue.html

i'm 16 and he's 15, so i'm sure we'll be perfectly safe, however will make sure we're supervised. what would you recommend for the rest of the body? i'm not sure i can afford an assault vest so i thought i'd just wear a thick jumper with a puffer jacket ontop and some padded jeans.

thanks for all the help

soz saw bulldog and had previously done a lengthy - very lengthy reply to somebody getting this:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Bulldog-B500A1-AEG-Electric-BB-Gun-Airsoft-Rifle.html

anyway - your bulldog is a rebadged SRC Dragon - not bad, but gerbox is plastic casing and

inside no bushings - won't last long and trigger is crap will come apart if gears don't shag 1st

can also be a bit hot - 350+fps - well mine is plus barrel is a tad pi$$ed so shoots slightly off

unless you really adjust sights to extreme left to compensate - jeez wot crap build

and the "proper" M4 SRC's aren't built a hell of a lot better - but they make good g36's

think your cousin would be better with m4 bulldog/dragon if it is below 350 than a springer at

skirmish sites tbh

jeans - trainer boots with some ankle support n good tread on sole, thick sweatshirt/hoodie

or a thin light old jacket - normal dark colours not bright orange top or illuminous stripe done

ya track suit - jeans best though

mask - something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-Airsoft-Gear-Full-Face-Eyes-Nose-Wear-Protector-Safety-Guard-Mesh-Mask-/130835959126?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item1e766e4d56

yeah not ultra cool but losing eyes/teeth isn't either

you can get googles n mask with ghost image n crap but if there is a big gap some sites will say no

if too much gap around face/eyes as u18

mesh is perhaps best as no fogging and won't scratch, may need to bend the full face mask a tad to fit face

but ideal if you wear glasses n stuff - I use those types coz they do the full face job etc....

about £7 in UK or half that from china

run with dark hoodie - hood up and you should be ok if getting a shot in neck etc...

certain areas can sting now n then but with that cheap setup you shouldn't get stung too much or bad

it don't really hurt - but you gotta feel it to call it so to speak but the fps should ensure nobody gets

hurt too badly - many times it is people going ar$e over tit falling over a stump in woods or splat into

walls etc....

just a quick question and not trying to necro OP was wondering what the best goggles that would fit roughly with the half face mask for around the £40 mark with no fogging would be. I'm guessing lozart would know as he knows most things

soz saw bulldog and had previously done a lengthy - very lengthy reply to somebody getting this:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Bulldog-B500A1-AEG-Electric-BB-Gun-Airsoft-Rifle.html

anyway - your bulldog is a rebadged SRC Dragon - not bad, but gerbox is plastic casing and

inside no bushings - won't last long and trigger is crap will come apart if gears don't shag 1st

can also be a bit hot - 350+fps - well mine is plus barrel is a tad pi$$ed so shoots slightly off

unless you really adjust sights to extreme left to compensate - jeez wot crap build

and the "proper" M4 SRC's aren't built a hell of a lot better - but they make good g36's

think your cousin would be better with m4 bulldog/dragon if it is below 350 than a springer at

skirmish sites tbh

jeans - trainer boots with some ankle support n good tread on sole, thick sweatshirt/hoodie

or a thin light old jacket - normal dark colours not bright orange top or illuminous stripe done

ya track suit - jeans best though

mask - something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-Airsoft-Gear-Full-Face-Eyes-Nose-Wear-Protector-Safety-Guard-Mesh-Mask-/130835959126?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item1e766e4d56

yeah not ultra cool but losing eyes/teeth isn't either

you can get googles n mask with ghost image n crap but if there is a big gap some sites will say no

if too much gap around face/eyes as u18

mesh is perhaps best as no fogging and won't scratch, may need to bend the full face mask a tad to fit face

but ideal if you wear glasses n stuff - I use those types coz they do the full face job etc....

about £7 in UK or half that from china

run with dark hoodie - hood up and you should be ok if getting a shot in neck etc...

certain areas can sting now n then but with that cheap setup you shouldn't get stung too much or bad

it don't really hurt - but you gotta feel it to call it so to speak but the fps should ensure nobody gets

hurt too badly - many times it is people going ar$e over tit falling over a stump in woods or splat into

walls etc....

he's already got his, and we both decided to get one by the end of the year, he's got his one cos it looked cool, i decided to do a bit more research before a bought a paperweight.

as for the actual post, i think i have everything sorted except the batteries and pellets,

i still can't choose between a 8.4v NiMh or 9.6 NiMh, i don't want to damage the gun but want a high rof.

and for the pellets can someone recommend a pellet brand that sells 5000 rounds, otherwise ill just go with asg blasters.

thanks for all of the help, i also have a post written out on my phone which didnt get posted which i'll try to post again (though it's not outdated and not much of use since most of the questions were answered) but ill post it anyway.

[OUTDATED]

Thx for the help, the reason i want to stick to a nimh batt is because im used to the batt technology used in them, also videos online show that nimh pwerrd guns shoot noticeably faster than a lipo batt. The charger im thinking of buying is cheaper than the one you recommend. As for the bbs are there any other cheaper bbs you could recommend?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.