Manufacturing of RIF parts

wiktor12

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to make my own AK hand guard and maybe top cover entirely from scratch but I'm unsure if its legal to do so.

Under violent crime reduction act 2006 part 1 36 (a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm. Does this also apply too parts ?

My other question is after i manufacture the parts am i allowed to sell them ?

Under the violent crime reduction act 2006 part 36 1 © it says i cant sell a RIF but does this apply to parts.

And do i require a firearms dealer licence to sell them ?

You should be fine to both produce and sell.

I don't believe there are laws specifically relating to parts in this country. That said, some countries, e.g. the U.S., do have restrictions on the sale and import/export of certain parts, so if you do start to sell to people abroad check local laws first.

Also... A rif is a firearm... A realistic imitation one... Parts are just parts. A five year old could manufacture and sell parts of they wanted. (as far as the vcra is concerned).

I can also make .50 calibre projectiles on a lathe... The issue only comes when I put together full bullets.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.