Lonex A1 motor

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've ordered a Lonex A1 Motor off ebay. The motor says it's a "supreme edition". I cant find anywhere what makes this motor so "supreme" compared to a normal A1. Anyone every heard of it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-AEG-MOTOR-HIGH-SPEED-TORQUE-LONEX-A1-SUPREME-ASG-SHS-LONG-M170-M140-M120-/261564675398?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Jg5Tl3GfSsfjZupUVc5UWYBseME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

• Supporters

not sure if to go down lonex route or shs or big dragon motor

then that should be gearbox/motor sorted n move onto hop-up n barrel

Trouble is make my gun too good or accurate and I won't have much excuse

to blame for being such a crap shot or pi$$ poor marksman or $hit sniper.....

S'got a nicer sticker m8.

not sure if to go down lonex route or shs or big dragon motor

then that should be gearbox/motor sorted n move onto hop-up n barrel

Trouble is make my gun too good or accurate and I won't have much excuse

to blame for being such a crap shot or pi$$ poor marksman or $hit sniper.....

What motor? I personally recommend either the ZCI balanced/SHS high toruqe(Same motor under different brands) or the ZCI High torque(22TPA which is really Fvckin powerful.

It really depends what you are looking for. A balanced motor gives a nice ROF and trigger response increase,especially with a high speed gearset. A high torque(like a 22TPA) will see a decrease in ROF but a big increase in trigger response. It can also pull heavier springs and it'll run cooler and more efficiently.

• Supporters

yeah got a high torque shs one atm

but me & son are fighting over what gun it is gonna go in

after seeing big dragon 160 - jeez it could pull a bus, I am thinking:

ok m8 - you have the shs - I know what I may be trying out now...

but after that motor upgrade the next thing is deffo the hop-up me thinks

but just hop-up or sod it go for hop & barrel and be nearly done me thinks

trouble is - where do you start/stop but sure hop-up is a must I have read

still learning but always open to ideas and suggestions (apart from shut up)

oh yeah then open it all up again for a mosfet - jeez

yeah got a high torque shs one atm

but me & son are fighting over what gun it is gonna go in

after seeing big dragon 160 - jeez it could pull a bus, I am thinking:

ok m8 - you have the shs - I know what I may be trying out now...

but after that motor upgrade the next thing is deffo the hop-up me thinks

but just hop-up or sod it go for hop & barrel and be nearly done me thinks

trouble is - where do you start/stop but sure hop-up is a must I have read

still learning but always open to ideas and suggestions (apart from shut up)

oh yeah then open it all up again for a mosfet - jeez

If you've not got a mosfet definitely get one. I've noticed quicker trigger response from one.

• Supporters

slightly off topic - dropped a rear wired box in and changed out the 120 to a 110 spring

fire a few tests and was hitting 360+ still - damn it !!!

piston & cylinder seems too feckin' good

m100 may gimme about 328 so it is bang on the money

not got a m105 which might get to 346ish - note all this is speculation and was getting a bit late

(or rather wife/mum is back and don't want us shooting indoors even into a cushion box chrono)

rate of fire seems better - shimming couldn't be much worse than old box knackered src bushings

and still with basic src motor in there....

got a couple of other springs to try out but atm looks like a m100 or m105 will be required to stay

below 350fps - not gonna lop any coils off, or open up to chop a gear tooth of piston.

might have to think about a couple of 105's and if/when cylinder/piston starts to wear or not so good

seal then as a stop-gap measure I may be able to chuck in the 360fps m110 spring and stay around

350 for a while before trying to overhaul this tomtac box - probably bollox it but hopefully just maybe

be a little more confident by time this needs a service/rebuild

but yeah - sexy trigger and seems to be performing exactly on the button - alas pure guess work on

other springs - all subject to real life tests as we know, shame the other half came back

so more testing Monday perhaps

slightly off topic - dropped a rear wired box in and changed out the 120 to a 110 spring

fire a few tests and was hitting 360+ still - damn it !!!

piston & cylinder seems too feckin' good

m100 may gimme about 328 so it is bang on the money

not got a m105 which might get to 346ish - note all this is speculation and was getting a bit late

(or rather wife/mum is back and don't want us shooting indoors even into a cushion box chrono)

rate of fire seems better - shimming couldn't be much worse than old box knackered src bushings

and still with basic src motor in there....

got a couple of other springs to try out but atm looks like a m100 or m105 will be required to stay

below 350fps - not gonna lop any coils off, or open up to chop a gear tooth of piston.

might have to think about a couple of 105's and if/when cylinder/piston starts to wear or not so good

seal then as a stop-gap measure I may be able to chuck in the 360fps m110 spring and stay around

350 for a while before trying to overhaul this tomtac box - probably bollox it but hopefully just maybe

be a little more confident by time this needs a service/rebuild

but yeah - sexy trigger and seems to be performing exactly on the button - alas pure guess work on

other springs - all subject to real life tests as we know, shame the other half came back

so more testing Monday perhaps

I didn't realise they even made m105s. I've yet to chrono mine since upgrading. My new motor should arrive in the next few days :)

It arrived today. On the back of the package it shows all the motors and what they're used for. Looks like the "supreme edition" is the A1+ motor which is the same as the A1 but made for stronger springs. So it must have more torque? The paper inside the box doesn't mention the A1+

Q7DQx0.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.