New gearbox for m4

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My step dad's gearbox has given up on his G&G raider. He's got a tight bore barrel and shs motor in it, he loves the gun and doesn't want to change it.

I'm just wondering what upgrade gearbox you guys recommend to put in? Can you get them with mosfets fitted or am I just being stupid?

Cheers

Dan

This all sounds familiar. A few days ago weren't you asking us about tight bores and didn't you say you were buying a she's motor? Anyways, I would open the gearbox up. Does it make a sound when you pul the trigger. How do you know it's given up, in which sense as we'll?

Flex. We're on about 2 completely different guns. I've just bought an shs motor. Correct.

When you fire it just whines, like the gears are knackered. It's not my gun, I'm passing on a message... don't shoot the messenger...

Let's pretend the gear IS knackered.

I'm just after potential options of decent gearboxes.

Thanks

• Supporters
  • Supporters

they are feckin' nice got front n rear one to replace shite SRC gearbox's (worn out bushings + crap trigger)

120 spring but the trigger - jeez it is much shorter travel n precise, 8mm bearings, yeah much better

quick swap over with spring and you would be away....

offer 55 and see how you go, if I could rebuild a box as nice as that I'd be over moon

but for money - quick change spring and delivered I don't think I would bother with a hongkong one if it arrives

am in process of swapping these out from src to tomtac box and then maybe look at replacing src bushing

with say 6mm bearings n look at moody trigger in one src box - but won't wanna spend too much time/money

on src box but if I get one of them working as a spare I'd be happy I guess

otherwise I'd just get one of them tomtac ones again

• Supporters

not bad, like the wires outside on mosfet one

(always a wire decides to try n pop out when I have attempted to reassemble a box in past knocking out anti-rev etc...)

well will see how long the tomtac ones last & if switch burns out quick coz no mosfet

but they seem like same or similar higher end box's & much better build than say £40 box from china

• Supporters

dupe posting but more relevant than motor post

I dropped a rear wired box in and changed out the 120 to a 110 spring

fire a few tests and was hitting 360+ still - damn it !!!

piston & cylinder seems too feckin' good

m100 may gimme about 328 so it is bang on the money

not got a m105 which might get to 346ish - note all this is speculation and was getting a bit late

(or rather wife/mum is back and don't want us shooting indoors even into a cushion box chrono)

rate of fire seems better - shimming couldn't be much worse than old box knackered src bushings

and still with basic src motor in there....

got a couple of other springs to try out but atm looks like a m100 or m105 will be required to stay

below 350fps - not gonna lop any coils off, or open up to chop a gear tooth of piston.

might have to think about a couple of 105's and if/when cylinder/piston starts to wear or not so good

seal then as a stop-gap measure I may be able to chuck in the 360fps m110 spring and stay around

350 for a while before trying to overhaul this tomtac box - probably bollox it but hopefully just maybe

be a little more confident by time this needs a service/rebuild

but yeah - sexy trigger and seems to be performing exactly on the button - alas pure guess work on

other springs - all subject to real life tests as we know, shame the other half came back

so more testing Monday perhaps

• Supporters

Come on guys - support your fellow members! http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/gearboxes-complete

PM the guy and he might even do you a deal.

soz to ak2m4 - didn't know you was doing these box's for similar price m8

tried shs 110 in there butnow need to perhaps look/try a 105

or lame 110 or oomphy 100 spring - getting techy there now

lmk if you can help and will try browse your site more often - my bad

So it just whines and no 'pop' from piston compression or movement?

Something stripped. Could be the piston or one of the gears. G&G gears have sometimes had bad batches. Only wya to find out really is to open it up and see.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.