40 years old and just getting in to Airsoft

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I thought i'd take a moment and introduce myself properly, I've started a couple of dopey threads already and thought it about time I made a proper introduction.

My names Graham, I live in Worthing Sussex and I work as a postman. I come from a toy collecting background (GI Joe & a bit of Star Wars), I got into Nerf with my 5 year old and I think that's sparked a need for an accurate RIF and a new group of friends. Through a good friend that Skirmishes regularly I've been introduced to the whole "Airsoft world". I'm due to go to my first Skirmish in October at Elite in Worthing, I've been buying a shed load of stuff recently, mainly finaced by selling a chunk of my Joe collection. One thing about me is I don't do things by halves, a couple of my friends are in the ATC as Leaders and I'm lucky to have access to an indoor firing range which has been a great help! I look forward to starting and hopefully opening the next chapter in my money spending and friend making ;)

Snakeeyes75

• Supporters

welcome from an even older 47yr old

aye my old hobby is now funding my new one

us boys & our toys - something our ladies will never understand

then again how many pairs of shoes/handbags they have and STILL they have to buy more

yup - can't think how I never got into this sooner but welcome squire

sounds like you will be into this for a while as your son grows up

(oh well dear, I will just have to keep playing to keep ukara when little is old enough)

You can never be too old to try something new. I'm thirty eight myself and play with my son almost every month. It's a great bonding experience. It's so nice to spend time with my son as I missed a lot of his childhood due to being in the military.

Glad you're getting into airsoft, it's a great sport with generally very nice people.

• Supporters

aye - my 14yr old son is my excuse, but dunno how long before they turn round

and say - nah its ok dad I will go on my own or with m8's instead now

Then I will be a real Billy No Mates then - well more than atm

(so go easy on some lonely old sod next time you are shooting - it could be me)

I was lucky to get my dad to take me to school when I was wee, never mind actually spend any proper time with me at a skirmish lol! Good on you Lads for spending quality time with your kids.

Welcome to the forums aswell mate.

• Supporters

atm I think it my son spending time with me out of pity/duty

we used to play COD a bit but then he didn't wanna be held back n joined BF4 clans n crap

wonder how long before I'm on my own or he is pushing me round in wheelchair if the lipo's fail

(plus I'm too old for this $hit - just a half day walk-on running round does me in - lol,)

That's a point why is called walk-on when ya spend most of it running like fvck ???

I'm 45, fairly new to all this, introduced my 12 year old to this, who loves it! Welcome Snakeeyes, and good on all us old fellas with our dodgy hammys and old stories! I love the mix of young and old in airsoft, the field is quite literally a great leveler and a fantastic place to get out, get some exercise and meet new people! As well as spend sh*t loads on awesome looking guns!! lol

Welcome to the sport and forum :)! I am 24 and still have pains after skirmishing the day after, infact my first it took me nearly a week for my body to recover haha

Thanks for all the replies! Good to know that I won't stick out like a sore thumb :) It's interesting hearing about people getting tired out after a day (or even half a days) play, I'm going to use this as an excuse to keep myself in better shape. My son is only 5 at the moment so It'll be a while before I can get him involved but most kids love playing army (I certainly did) so hopefully I can introduce it to him naturally.

Good to have you onboard mate this hobby your age is not a bad thing but a good thing. That worthing site is ok but as a company there more paintball style games. If your like most your wana do the more long Milsim games but should be good start place. Check out the sandpit when your ready its a day Milsim every 2 weeks

If you want to do a milsim, we have one close by the M25 on the 20th September.

Can sort you out with a rental gun and there are a few forty somethings in the group.

• Supporters

us old farts - not quite there yet I tend to think but wonder

if the old folks home wanna skirmish instead of bingo maybe???

well at least I might be able to shoot somebody at last as they try to "rush" me - lol

"Easy there Ethel - ya may break ya hip again luv" - I joke but could be me one day (soon ???)

Good to have you onboard mate this hobby your age is not a bad thing but a good thing. That worthing site is ok but as a company there more paintball style games. If your like most your wana do the more long Milsim games but should be good start place. Check out the sandpit when your ready its a day Milsim every 2 weeks

I live about a 10 minute drive from the site so it makes sence to use it! The South coast seems to be pretty good in terms of Airsoft venue's, I also have the Combat South sites about a 40 minute drive.

Typically at my site it is generally the older lot that are still running around at the end of the day and the younger 'kids' sitting back because they are tired! (makes them a nice easy target as well ;) )

I'm 41 but not new to airsoft, but nevertheless welcome and enjoy!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.