upgrades?

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am buying a RIF with a couple of mags, scope, better battery, gun bag and upgraded spring. One thing I do want is a sliencer but I haven't seen this particular rifle before. How universal are upgrades? Its a TM G3 SG1

as far as I am aware, and I am a relate Noob to this hobby, most guns have a 14mm thread which is fairly universal. Most silencers will fit, some barrels may have a backwards thread so will you need an adaptor which is effectively (dont snigger) a Nipple with one normal and one reverse thread bringing your rifle upto a male thread to fit the silencer...

It's a version 2 gearbox so upgrades for that are no problem. According to Redwolf Airsoft you will require a thread adaptor to fit a silencer but they don't say what one.

Below was copied from Redwolf site about this gun.

"Metal parts include the bi-pod, barrel, magazine, bolt, adjustable front/rear sights, trigger, and firing selector. A functioning metal charging lever and dust cover opens to reveal the hop-up adjustment knob. Will require a thread adapter to install a silencer.

For high powered enthusiasts, the G3 SG1 makes an excellent platform for high powered upgrades. In fact this was one of the RedWolf CEO's first AEGs ever owned! An incredible rifle.

Disclaimer: This product is not manufactured by H&K and is manufactured by Tokyo Marui of Japan. This product is a toy only and is not a real firearm.

Consider getting a scope mount and also attaching a scope for more accurate shooting. Sling also makes the gun easier to carry during skirmishes since it is quite heavy. Consider opting for a high capacity 500 round magazine, or even an auto winding W-MAG magazine for non-stop shooting."

the first thing i want is a sling but i dont want a single point. i liked the SA80 sling and have a genuine army issue one which will fit the stock nicely but the front loop is very small and round. can that be changed or have something more suitable clipped to adapt it?

thats good to know but picking the right one looks like a nightmare. thanks for putting my mind at rest. i really like the versatility of the sling i have so i do want to use it if i can figure out how to fit it correctly. its been a long time :D

• Supporters

i have a temporary solution and i figured out how to fit the sling correctly :D

Have a look at the Viper 3 point tactical sling. It has a similar system to the one you already have but it also has a hook that will work with your front sling hole.

the ideal solution is either a sling with the correct hook but with the same versatility or a new loop on the gun. i have removed it but it appears to be one screw holding it on which sounds like a simple job to replace although i suspect it also holds the foresight in place.

• Supporters

the ideal solution is either a sling with the correct hook but with the same versatility or a new loop on the gun. i have removed it but it appears to be one screw holding it on which sounds like a simple job to replace although i suspect it also holds the foresight in place.

Again - Viper 3 point tactical sling. It comes with a loop that will go through the sling point on your stock and a hook at the other end for the front ring. It also has the adjustment loop and fastex clip mid length like your SA80 sling does which will allow you to carry it in multiple configurations. Plus, being Viper - it's dirt cheap.

I bought a viper 3 point sling, have no idea how to use it hahaha... its confusing my little mind. I think the fact my Mp5K only has one proper sling attachment is whats doing it, yeah that must be it :P

the mags are hi caps. I was really bored yesterday and set myself a task. I now know that they hold 420 bbs per mag and they do need winding

conversely, my M1911 mag holds 110 bbs which was a pleasant surprise

will G&G fit TM? i have a dodgey mag and i would like an adapter for a silencer. LWA have the G&G adapter in stock and a G&G mag out of stock

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.