Lt Earholes

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

New to Airsoft and this forum.

I have enjoyed mil-sim paintball for a while and decided that I want something with more realism. So have thus decided to switch.

I haven't been to a game or site yet, I was wondering if someone on here could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a site around the tamworth area (I don't mind traveling as long as it's reasonable) somewhere I can go hire a gun and start getting my UKARA sorted.

I have seen fireball squadron which looks good and is only around the corner but only downside is it's a woodland environment.

I love the look of the urban/abandoned environments.

Ive seen urban assault, the old RAF base which is like 2 hours away, that place looks insane.

Is there any place closer that is an urban environment?

It's about 1 hr and 15 mins to Leek from where you are, according to google, which is where Anzio camp is.

Highly recommended! Fibua enviroment, so it's built up areas, indoor cqb parts and some open fields too.

There's a fair few sites near where you live mate, a fair few of them are First & Only sites who are a bit pricey (£35 walk on + £15 rental) but the sites are good:

The Towers, Leicester - Very CQB, ran in an old hospital.

The Asylum, Kidderminster - FIBUA, mix of buildings and open areas.

Bunker Wood, Kidderminster

The Outpost, Kidderminster

The Jungle, Rugby

Other sites in the local area:

Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW), Melton Mowbray - Mostly woodland, but some built up areas.

Grange Manor Farm, Desford

Stealth Tactical Airsoft, Lutterworth

The ones I've commented on I've been to. Worth ringing them to see if they're UKARA registered, but as you can see there's a fair few around.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you everyone for your help.

Had a look at The Tower and Anzio Camp both look very good, just the website confuses me slightly.

It says:

PRICES

STANDARD WALK ON £35.00 (NORMAL MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS APPLY) INC LUNCH

STANDARD HIRE £15.00 INCS 1 X G36C RIFLE, MASK, 1 MAG OF AMMO

PREMIUM HIRE £30.00 INC 1 X G36C, MASK, COVERALL, VEST, 3,000 0.2G BBS AND 2 EMPTY MAGS

So you pay the walk on and hire fee? So it's either £65 or £50 at The Tower.

Then the Anzio camp says:

PRICE: £35.00 (SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR SILVER AND GOLD MEMBERS)

EQUIPMENT HIRE:

SKIRMISHER +£ 15.00

SURVIVALIST +£ 25.00

So if I click the survivalist and scroll down to the bottom, where it's says the total price, it says £42.50 which £35+£25 is £60 ??

Also on first and only website there is a membership page, where it says if u pay £10 £60 or £100 u get different variations of the membership all say that u get the UKARA/ membership no, so this price will include the fees for them setting up my UKARA as long as I go 3 times in 2 months?

Sorry about all the questions guys but I really have no clue when it comes to airsoft.

£10 membership gives you a membership number you can use to register for UKARA after the three skirmishes.

£60 gives you the above plus £5 off skirmishes, access to members only days and a discount at their retail shop/website.

£100 gives you the number, £10 off skirmishes, member only days and a bigger discount off the shop/website.

Hi all.

New to Airsoft and this forum.

I have enjoyed mil-sim paintball for a while and decided that I want something with more realism. So have thus decided to switch.

I haven't been to a game or site yet, I was wondering if someone on here could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a site around the tamworth area (I don't mind traveling as long as it's reasonable) somewhere I can go hire a gun and start getting my UKARA sorted.

I have seen fireball squadron which looks good and is only around the corner but only downside is it's a woodland environment.

I love the look of the urban/abandoned environments.

Ive seen urban assault, the old RAF base which is like 2 hours away, that place looks insane.

Is there any place closer that is an urban environment?

Good man. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my self and a friend booked in for the 13th at the towers, can't wait, very excited.

Got my self a Emerson helmet, bolle ballistic googles and a half face mesh mask.

Wearing them all seems to irritate my chin and walking round the house makes the googles steam up.

so gonna also bring my paintball mask just incase.

So if u see sum1 with a Multicam mask and a renter gun, go easy on me :)

If it's fogging up around your house then you'll suffer at the towers. The layout of building just traps in heat, but then again it was a mild day the last time I was there so you might be okay in the colder weather :)

Main advice for that site is to travel as light as possible - I did a lot better with a pistol than I did with a rifle as it's a very close quarter site. Also gets hold of some pyro - you will be very popular with your team as there are a ton of bottleneck areas.

With your mesh guard I had the same issue, so I took one of the spare pads that came with my helmet and stuck it onto the mesh mask where my chin sits with super glue - much more comfortable even if it's a bit damp by the end of the day haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.