CYMA CN041J VS CM045C

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Not exactly, but close. I have a CM045A.

It's built like a tank inside and out. Good gears and well made GB shell. Standard V3 box so very easily upgradeable. RoF is fair but nothing too blistering. Accuracy is....alright. It's a pretty short barrel so don't expect miracles as standard. That said, a decent hop rubber and TBB should do well to sort that out.

Very well put together gun that is all metal apart from the foregrip and pistol grip (wood and plastic respectively on mine). For such a small gun it's pretty weighty. Most of the major components are pinned together so a set of punches would be a good investment if you plan on taking it apart much and don't want to wreck the pins. Gearbox removal is pretty simple. Nozzle is a clear hard plastic number which looks a bit fragile to me but time will tell.

Upgrades? Fill your boots. Standard V3 stuff all round. If you want to use a tracer you may have to do what I did and cut the very end of the inner barrel down. When you unscrew the flash hider the inner barrel extends by about an inch or so which covers the sensor in a tracer and stops it working. Sight mounting options ARE a little limited. The short length of the AKS74U means some soviet scope side mounts don't fit properly. There IS a little rail adaptor that can be fitted into the rear leaf sight but that does require drilling and tapping the top cover (plus you'll have to buy it from the US). To be fair, at the kind of ranges it works best at iron sights are fine or a red dot at most.

Not exactly, but close. I have a CM045A.

It's built like a tank inside and out. Good gears and well made GB shell. Standard V3 box so very easily upgradeable. RoF is fair but nothing too blistering. Accuracy is....alright. It's a pretty short barrel so don't expect miracles as standard. That said, a decent hop rubber and TBB should do well to sort that out.

Very well put together gun that is all metal apart from the foregrip and pistol grip (wood and plastic respectively on mine). For such a small gun it's pretty weighty. Most of the major components are pinned together so a set of punches would be a good investment if you plan on taking it apart much and don't want to wreck the pins. Gearbox removal is pretty simple. Nozzle is a clear hard plastic number which looks a bit fragile to me but time will tell.

Upgrades? Fill your boots. Standard V3 stuff all round. If you want to use a tracer you may have to do what I did and cut the very end of the inner barrel down. When you unscrew the flash hider the inner barrel extends by about an inch or so which covers the sensor in a tracer and stops it working. Sight mounting options ARE a little limited. The short length of the AKS74U means some soviet scope side mounts don't fit properly. There IS a little rail adaptor that can be fitted into the rear leaf sight but that does require drilling and tapping the top cover (plus you'll have to buy it from the US). To be fair, at the kind of ranges it works best at iron sights are fine or a red dot at most.

Awesome, but seeing as I really love the mp5j, I'd love to hear about it

• Supporters

Awesome, but seeing as I really love the mp5j, I'd love to hear about it

Can't help you there, sorry 😃

• Supporters

No worries man, I chose the cyma mp5 sd6 anyway!

Cool. Very interested in knowing what they're like! Thinking of getting one myself.

Well,really,the 045 is better than the EBB 049. The 045 is based on the venerable VFC AK design which is all pins like the real thing and not screws. The 049 is based on the old Marui screwed design which isn't as durable- The 049 also has much less steel components. They both use simialr gearboxes however.

Personally my experience with CYMA has been...not so great. On newer models The GB shell seems to suffer,mainly in the drilling on the bushing holes. The ones I worked on were all crooked making shimming and proper gear meshing impossible. However bar the crappy gearbox shells and some compatibility issues(Which were fixed by lots of filing) the internal parts quality is decent. Usable 18TPA motors which are nice and torquey,Gearsets are like most ACM sets,very strong. Pistons are a mixed bag for a lot of people,The ones I had were pretty good. Air seal parts were usable. The ones I worked on had dual O ring cylinder heads! Hop up units on most CYMA guns are very nice. They use split nib buckings like the pdi W hold and perform very well

Personally I usually go to JG since their gearbox quality and QC is better,but CYMA have better out of the box accuracy by miles

Well,really,the 045 is better than the EBB 049. The 045 is based on the venerable VFC AK design which is all pins like the real thing and not screws. The 049 is based on the old Marui screwed design which isn't as durable- The 049 also has much less steel components. They both use simialr gearboxes however.

Personally my experience with CYMA has been...not so great. On newer models The GB shell seems to suffer,mainly in the drilling on the bushing holes. The ones I worked on were all crooked making shimming and proper gear meshing impossible. However bar the crappy gearbox shells and some compatibility issues(Which were fixed by lots of filing) the internal parts quality is decent. Usable 18TPA motors which are nice and torquey,Gearsets are like most ACM sets,very strong. Pistons are a mixed bag for a lot of people,The ones I had were pretty good. Air seal parts were usable. The ones I worked on had dual O ring cylinder heads! Hop up units on most CYMA guns are very nice. They use split nib buckings like the pdi W hold and perform very well

Personally I usually go to JG since their gearbox quality and QC is better,but CYMA have better out of the box accuracy by miles

Ok...I'll ditch the blowback

Ok...I'll ditch the blowback

Sorry,I think I confused the 049 with the 046 Ak47 blowback- Happens to me often with CYMA models and the clusterfuck that is their lineup.

I can;t give any personal experience with the 049 MP5,but going by previous experience with CYMA the blowback Shouldn't be too big of a breaking point- However the design they use is inherently flawed and likes to break,it depends a lot of QC and metal quality which CYMA isn;t the strongest in.

I'd go for the non blow back MP5 to be on the safe side. The only blowbacks I really trust are G&G's pmneumatic systems which don;t tend to rape the gear train if something goes wrong.

Sorry,I think I confused the 049 with the 046 Ak47 blowback- Happens to me often with CYMA models and the clusterfuck that is their lineup.

I can;t give any personal experience with the 049 MP5,but going by previous experience with CYMA the blowback Shouldn't be too big of a breaking point- However the design they use is inherently flawed and likes to break,it depends a lot of QC and metal quality which CYMA isn;t the strongest in.

I'd go for the non blow back MP5 to be on the safe side. The only blowbacks I really trust are G&G's pmneumatic systems which don;t tend to rape the gear train if something goes wrong.

Ok, all in NBB MP5 SD6.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.