New motor help

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My step dad and next door neighbour have just bought brand new G&G combat machines, both chrono'd at 310/315 fps on .2 gram bb's.

I bought my combat machine as a standard rifle and it's making around 350 fps on .2's.

It's got a standard motor and standard barrel so I'm assuming it's got an uprated spring or its just a strong one?

I'd like to get a high torque motor for mine, but I'm worried it'll take my fps slightly over 350 fps?

Cheers

Dan

• Supporters

My step dad and next door neighbour have just bought brand new G&G combat machines, both chrono'd at 310/315 fps on .2 gram bb's.

I bought my combat machine as a standard rifle and it's making around 350 fps on .2's.

Yours was second hand, so the previous owner probably changed the spring.

I bought it as a standard gun so I wasn't sure.

In that case, I'm on the hunt for a decent motor.

Cheers lads

no idea if they are any good but LWA do a load of infinity motors, check them out they are also meant to be high torque (at least some of them) but they are quite expensive, no idea on what you want to pay.

Big Dragon motors are my personal favourite. You can pick them up on Airsoft peak for about the same price as cheap high torgues cost in the UK and they are a monster of a motor.

You get M120, M140, and a M160 versions I think, depending on your FPS. M160 being for a DMR build and M120 bring for what your gun is at the 350 mark.

I've ordered an SHS high torque motor.

So it's got a motor, an uprated spring and a 9.6v battery, do you reckon a MOSFET would be a good idea?

you shouldnt need it for a 9.6v but it cant really hurt, especially if your thinking of moving over to lipos but at the moment its not needed unless you wanna get an expensive programmable one to change your firing modes and have the anti reversal removed.

SHS high torque is a good option. I would have recommended the ZCI high torque( made in the same factory as SHS IIRC) which is a good bit more torquey and runs cooler,more efficiently and gives better trigger response at the cost of speed.

If you want to do a 'proper' motor installation you may want to take the gun to tech to have the shimming redone,bevel-pinion shimming is the source of 90% of screech and resistance. However you can just drop it in and adjust height and it should work reasonably well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.