painted guns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi if this isnt allowed just delete it, any how getting to the point is im looking for inspiration, as i plan to paint my l96 and maybe a couple of my other guns aswell. I just dont know what paint scheme to do andi cant be bothered to trawl through all 100+ pages of the gun picture thread

Thanks joe

Mn3cP8u.jpgI guess it depends on what "look" you want to go for and how much time/effort/money you want to expend. There are some fantastically detailed and probably quite time consuming and pricey camo schemes, and they're very impressive, but I wanted a realistic look and so I tried to go for a spray camo that would be applied by a unit on operations. 4 different colours of krylon ans some leave to mask and about an hour in the garden left me with this.

For a sniper weapon, how you "scrim" it is far more important, Monty makes a very good point, quick and simple, Good luck!

Mn3cP8u.jpgI guess it depends on what "look" you want to go for and how much time/effort/money you want to expend. There are some fantastically detailed and probably quite time consuming and pricey camo schemes, and they're very impressive, but I wanted a realistic look and so I tried to go for a spray camo that would be applied by a unit on operations. 4 different colours of krylon ans some leave to mask and about an hour in the garden left me with this.

For a sniper weapon, how you "scrim" it is far more important, Monty makes a very good point, quick and simple, Good luck!

Spray the L96 over with OD krylon and wrap some skrim netting around it, should work a treat.

thanks for the suggestions, cav im really liking that what krylons was it

Monty i dont really like the look of skrim/snakeskin camos

Cheers Warrior, i used Khaki (Tan) , OD,FG and dark brown.

When the L96s replaced the L42s (Yes! I'm that old!!) we would cam them with the green tape as in monty's photo and then break up the green just using cam cream! Then the barrel, scope and body would be scrimmed so as not to interfere with the operation of the weapon.

bright orange is meant to look really nice, like this

M57finalpsp.png

How did you get the bolt on the left??!! Good to see us lefties being catered for! Whatever next?? Gingers??!!!

How did you get the bolt on the left??!! Good to see us lefties being catered for! Whatever next?? Gingers??!!!

no they can never be helped *wink*wink*

(was a joke, don't take it personally)

Cheers Warrior, i used Khaki (Tan) , OD,FG and dark brown.

When the L96s replaced the L42s (Yes! I'm that old!!) we would cam them with the green tape as in monty's photo and then break up the green just using cam cream! Then the barrel, scope and body would be scrimmed so as not to interfere with the operation of the weapon.

thanks might pick some up and just mess about with it.

It took me a while to build up the courage to spray paint on my baby, so i did a few trial runs on a card board box to refine my technique, (That does sound very odd reading it back, but i can assure you no euphemisms or double entendres! lol)

Paint mine? :)

It would be a pleasure Cheeky!

Love it! I did something similar for my son in his room, from a vid I found on YouTube called "Forest fire camo"

• Supporters

Love it! I did something similar for my son in his room, from a vid I found on YouTube called "Forest fire camo"

They're not my guns I hasten to add. Mine would have more skulls. And boobs.

I did paint them though. Shotgun extension tube for a Berretta 12 bore and a mock suppressor/barrel shroud on a S&W .223 Good friend of mine does practical shooting competitions and these are his guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.