Tokyo Marui PX4 Nightmare

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So for a company that make supposedly the best airsoft they have zero customer services? I should have thought twice about buying it, pity as it shoots bloody amazingly!

I tried contacting them like 4 or 5 times in the past about different things, they replied to one of them and it was that badly worded I presume they used google translate as it took a while to decipher.

Cant see why not, they are basically a copy of the Marui gun. But on your head be it!!

Can you do me a small favour? Could you take out your hop/inner barrel and check how the nub sits in the barrel. Does the metal piece that holds it in look bent? The nub seems to stick out more to the left than be right??? I just noticed late last night, it's shooting straight up to 20 meters, haven't had a chance to test it at further distance.

1CEF31B0-E995-40CF-9537-F214B59935AD_zps

1CD87B50-B23D-48D8-9FE2-449A07CC2577_zps

Sorry mate but I have a strict policy of not fiddling or touching with my guns internals cos I know I will mess it up.

No worries mate, it was worth asking! I'm just trying to find out if the Nub is supposed to be even, I guess it is?

Yeh its meant to lie flat, so somehting is wrong

Yeah, it actually still fires very level but after about 15-20 meters the BB will wander off to the left.

Well, I managed to win the metal slide :) . At the moment I don't have the gun as I sent it back to the company for inspection, can I ask has anyone else upgraded a PX4 or even another TM pistol with a metal slide? Does it badly mess up the quality of shot etc? Also, Is it possible to remove the blowback mech and hop up from the original plastic slide and drop them into the metal slide? (Therefore I won't be messing with the performance too much).

• Supporters

yeah, the internals from the plastic slide will come out no problems, does your metal slide come with a metal outer barrel too? If not, get one ASAP, the metal slide will destroy a plastic outer barrel in no time at all.

as for affecting the performance of the gun... yeah, it'll have a negative effect on blowback speed and gas efficiency, no way round it sadly, you're moving a bigger weight so it takes more energy (therefore, more gas) to do it. If you get it running really smooth you'll still be able to empty a magazine of BBs on one fill of gas, but maybe not when it's really cold.

yeah, the internals from the plastic slide will come out no problems, does your metal slide come with a metal outer barrel too? If not, get one ASAP, the metal slide will destroy a plastic outer barrel in no time at all.

as for affecting the performance of the gun... yeah, it'll have a negative effect on blowback speed and gas efficiency, no way round it sadly, you're moving a bigger weight so it takes more energy (therefore, more gas) to do it. If you get it running really smooth you'll still be able to empty a magazine of BBs on one fill of gas, but maybe not when it's really cold.

The slide comes with a complete blowback/hop up and barrel. Frustratingly I can't try it till I get the gun back, I spoke to the company today, Hopefully this may be resolved as they agreed that the powerspray couldn't have damaged the slide, I just thought it may be an idea to utilize the strength of the metal slide with the quality of the TM internals. By using a metal slide would I not be able to use Green gas now?

• Supporters

No, just the extra weight of the metal slide, 144a isn't as powerful as green/propane (by that I mean it doesn't boil as quickly).

People tend to prefer 144a for plastic slide guns because it is weaker so won't (shouldn't ;-) ) damage the slide/frame and also because it compresses more than green or propane so you actually get more shots per mag from it.

Ah right, I'm pretty puzzled by this gun. Obviously mine broke very quickly and I've heard a mix of people saying they have had the same issue. Should this be a reliable workhorse gun or do people tend to lean toward the metal slide/green gas option?

Ok so here's an update, I wouldn't have bothered but I think there may be some issues that a wider audience may appreciate hearing about. Firstly, I'm not (At this point) going to name the retailer, it does appear to be a popular UK site though based in the South of England. I called them today as I've not heard anything back re: my PX4 with a cracked slide. The conversation started with "We've tried to contact you", I've checked and there's no missed calls, no answer phone messages, no emails. The guy seemed to get touchy when I said that i'd not heard anything back, anyway... he told me that I'd clearly voided the warranty by:

-Removing the slide

-Removing the barrel/inner barrel

-Removing the rear safety switch

-Removing the paint

I questioned him as how that would crack the slide and he replied that they were professional and I was not, they've glued the slide up and that's all they would do! They would also order a new slide if I wanted but it'd take a year to get in stock (I can only guess what the cost would be). I wasn't happy but I know they had me on the removing paint issue alone, however the guy seemed to want an argument, he said that i'd "F***ed it up" nice, with my kid sat next to me! I also asked him about the hop up and he said that he'd get a tech to look at it but it was probably damaged by myself! he also went on to say that i'd most likely dropped the gun (I can promise you all that I haven't).

All together my original order was £207, I've learnt a lesson but I don't feel that his little speech has really sorted the issue, all he had to say was that i'd voided the warranty by removing the paint, that would have been a professional way to do it! Pretty harsh. The phase 2 part of my budget won't be going to them :)

I have started a "Wanted" thread as I will gladly buy a replacement plastic slide for the gun, I hope that someone may have put a metal slide on theirs so they may be a plastic one somewhere? Cheers

In all honesty you probably did void the warranty by taking it apart, but nothing excuses an ignorant rude attitude. Name and shame to be frank!

It's weird indeed, the gun SHOULD have been able to take 144a as it's pretty much the weakest gas you can buy and a direct replacement for 134a which is what Marui recommend.

UK retailers have no contact with TM as a company, they buy all their stuff through Japanese wholesalers as TM do not export. The only place that realistically would have been able to help you was http://pulse-japan.jp/index.php?sl=EN unfortunately they're closing down (which is a real worry for me, since I use them to get a lot of TM spares!) so you're probably pretty stuffed for getting a replacement plastic slide new. Would be worth putting up a wanted ad on a few forums though, someone out there must have swapped out their plastic slide for a metal one and be willing to sell you their spare :)

They aren't closing down...well they are but re-opening under a new name. Not sure what it's gonna be called, but you can rely on KhanSeb to announce it soon (think he said he would)

As youve established you'll need to pay for a new slide why not drop Firesupport a line? They do carry Marui parts and might be able to get one for you, or even have one in the shop. Worth a try at any rate mate.

As youve established you'll need to pay for a new slide why not drop Firesupport a line? They do carry Marui parts and might be able to get one for you, or even have one in the shop. Worth a try at any rate mate.

I got the gun back today, the slide has been poorly glued and the hop has been bent up so I can just about shoot 20 meters! This has just been one F up after the other! I'll be giving Firebase a call Monday am! I ended up glueing it myself, not pretty but I reckon it'd hold, I've fiddled around with the hop, I'll be testing over the weekend.

Is there anyone that has a PX4 that could kindly take a pic of the metal Hop up adjuster (The piece that moves up and down when you turn the dial)?? Cheers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.