Tokyo Marui PX4 Nightmare

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just (Today) received my TM PX4, I had it two toned and as soon as it arrived stripped it using Fairy Turbo. I then loaded 10 rounds and fired them off, to my horror the end of the slide cracked! I was using Abbey Predator 144a gas which I was told was the correct one! Now, I've used the Fairy Turbo on plastics before and never had an issue, I can't see how that could have damaged it but any help would be appreciated! I've contacted the company I bought it from but there's been no response so far :(

• Supporters

Really?? I've used it before on plastics and it's never been an issue? If I'm going to have to buy a new slide how do I contact TM??

You can't, you'll either have to splash out £200 on a metal slide / outer barrel or return it to the retailer you purchased it off, though I don't think they'll accept it because you removed the two tone.

You can't, you'll either have to splash out £200 on a metal slide / outer barrel or return it to the retailer you purchased it off, though I don't think they'll accept it because you removed the two tone.

Bugger!

Really?? I've used it before on plastics and it's never been an issue? If I'm going to have to buy a new slide how do I contact TM??

Plastics are a broad subject... And they all react differently to various chemicals...

Plastics are a broad subject... And they all react differently to various chemicals...

Believe me I know what you mean, I used to be a modelmaker and I know a bit about plastics, the Fairy "Power spray" (My apologies, for some reason I had Turbo in my head) can be used to clean most plastics including resins which are more porous, I've never had any issues cleanining off ABS and polycarb's. I think I've unfortunately bought a gun with an issue and what's probably going to screw up any replacement is the fact that i've removed the green paint. I wish I'd tried it before :(

Would this fit:

http://www.rsov.com//product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=16087&cateId=0

I didn't say it was easy... But I fear that's the price you pay for scrubbing your gun down with fairy liquid. Any solvent strong enough to remove cured paint, isn't going to strengthen plastic, is it! ;)

One does not simply

... Fairy a gun...

Would a retailer not have the ability to get parts? The easiest solution if I can't get a free replacement is to just buy one from them. From Googleing TM PX4 problems it looks like quite a lot of people have had similar issues with the slide cracking at the exact same place. Concidering this is supposed to be green gas safe and I'm using a lesser powerful gas, even if the plastic was weakened (Which I'm not convinced a wipe down with fairy can do) the thing shouldn't break after 10 shots. There's no damage the other side at all. I can see this is just going to be an "Egg on my face" experience, I'll let you know how I get on :)

4A8D774F-BE26-49F1-BF56-FE3684CD677E_zps

• Supporters

It's weird indeed, the gun SHOULD have been able to take 144a as it's pretty much the weakest gas you can buy and a direct replacement for 134a which is what Marui recommend.

UK retailers have no contact with TM as a company, they buy all their stuff through Japanese wholesalers as TM do not export. The only place that realistically would have been able to help you was http://pulse-japan.jp/index.php?sl=EN unfortunately they're closing down (which is a real worry for me, since I use them to get a lot of TM spares!) so you're probably pretty stuffed for getting a replacement plastic slide new. Would be worth putting up a wanted ad on a few forums though, someone out there must have swapped out their plastic slide for a metal one and be willing to sell you their spare :)

It's weird indeed, the gun SHOULD have been able to take 144a as it's pretty much the weakest gas you can buy and a direct replacement for 134a which is what Marui recommend.

UK retailers have no contact with TM as a company, they buy all their stuff through Japanese wholesalers as TM do not export. The only place that realistically would have been able to help you was http://pulse-japan.jp/index.php?sl=EN unfortunately they're closing down (which is a real worry for me, since I use them to get a lot of TM spares!) so you're probably pretty stuffed for getting a replacement plastic slide new. Would be worth putting up a wanted ad on a few forums though, someone out there must have swapped out their plastic slide for a metal one and be willing to sell you their spare :)

So for a company that make supposedly the best airsoft they have zero customer services? I should have thought twice about buying it, pity as it shoots bloody amazingly!

I have one as well and they are lovely little guns. AFAIK the WE or (HK3) copy slide fits and is metal unlike the Marui. in fact in many ways its a better gun bar the leaky mags and its cheaper by £40. Probably your best option

I have one as well and they are lovely little guns. AFAIK the WE or (HK3) copy slide fits and is metal unlike the Marui. in fact in many ways its a better gun bar the leaky mags and its cheaper by £40. Probably your best option

Just checked, EVIKE have them at about $45, would I be able to use the TM hop unit and inner barrel?

Cant see why not, they are basically a copy of the Marui gun. But on your head be it!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.