Sign in to follow this  
b1n0gHo5t

Something wrong with gun or battery

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

ok so i had the lipo on charge for more than a few hours (the monitor says its got over 3.60 in each cell) but i barely put a quater of a mid cap through it and it just goes dead any idea as i'm soo green in these matters

What was the charge rate? What is the battery capacity? Did it stop dead or start slowing down first?

What gun is it?

Its a G&P
using a turnigy 2s/3s says 12v input
erm it slowed to a stop pretty fast
11.1v 1100mah 15c battery

if you charge it up again does it happen again?

also, when you plug the battery in after how much charge has left the battery?

the monitor showed it only went down a little bit then just sat at same level even after firing (this is attached to lipo)
as the charger is a shite one apparently only has two lights red & green (the new one i'm still trying to find a plug that works with it) since it nevr came with one

the monitor showed it only went down a little bit then just sat at same level even after firing (this is attached to lipo)

as the charger is a shite one apparently only has two lights red & green (the new one i'm still trying to find a plug that works with it) since it nevr came with one

how much money do you have to spend? what charger are you going to buy. Basically, I bought a turnigy accucel digital 6 without powersupply and used my laptop charger however my laptop charger is one that has all these different connectors. Will find it for you and edit it in :)

EDIT: http://www.trust.com/en/all-products/17566-90w-laptop-charger--black

thats it, for my power supply all I needed was the standard connector that you could use to connect the other connectors on to. Its good because it doesn't get very hot and you can adjust the voltage.

lol thanks..erm no idea how much i'm willing to spend the charger i bought is meant to be a decent one just a Pain it dont have the plug haha

iMAX B6 Digital LCD RC Lipo NiMh Battery Balance Charger

lol thanks..erm no idea how much i'm willing to spend the charger i bought is meant to be a decent one just a Pain it dont have the plug haha

iMAX B6 Digital LCD RC Lipo NiMh Battery Balance Charger

OK, so if you have that charger the display tells you what the charge rate is before you start charging. It also stops automatically when it's finished. If you've not changed the default settings then chances are you'll be charging at 0.1A which is WAY too low. an 1100mAh LiPo should be able to be charged at 1100mA (1.1A) so I would suggest you check your charge settings. The cell voltage isn't always the best way to check if your battery is full or not.

OK, so if you have that charger the display tells you what the charge rate is before you start charging. It also stops automatically when it's finished. If you've not changed the default settings then chances are you'll be charging at 0.1A which is WAY too low. an 1100mAh LiPo should be able to be charged at 1100mA (1.1A) so I would suggest you check your charge settings. The cell voltage isn't always the best way to check if your battery is full or not.

yeah i have that charger but its not the one in use atm as i dont have the plug for it

so using the crappy Turnigy one which has no display screen

yeah i have that charger but its not the one in use atm as i dont have the plug for it

so using the crappy Turnigy one which has no display screen

Is it the B6 or the B6AC?

Is it the B6 or the B6AC?

The B6 it dont say ac on it at any rate

The B6 it dont say ac on it at any rate

OK, buy one of the supplies in that Ebay link then.

The Turnigy charger you mentioned will charge at a maximum of 800mA so it'll take at least a couple of hours to do your battery. Personally I wouldn't use anything that isn't a proper smart charger so you can see what's going on (I have the mains powered B6AC).

Did you wait for the green charging light to go out?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-5A-AC-Power-Adapter-Charger-For-Imax-Mysteky-B5-B6-EC6-Balancer-Supply-Cord-/271526287186 would this one work then ?
as i have a EU/asia plug convertor but would rather just have the one thing

yep that one should work.

not to hijack thread just a super quick question. is it true the turnigy accucel digital 6 (the £40 one) is a clone of the imax b6?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-5A-AC-Power-Adapter-Charger-For-Imax-Mysteky-B5-B6-EC6-Balancer-Supply-Cord-/271526287186 would this one work then ?

as i have a EU/asia plug convertor but would rather just have the one thing

Yes.

not to hijack thread just a super quick question. is it true the turnigy accucel digital 6 (the £40 one) is a clone of the imax b6?

No idea.

No idea.

i heard it was just after i bought it :( however IMO it looks nicer and does the job so I am happy :)

Yes.

Done & done lol be here by friday :D

which is good as i may have a game sunday

i heard it was just after i bought it :( however IMO it looks nicer and does the job so I am happy :)

well it would be a bit weird if it was as the b6 is like 13 pounds :S

well it would be a bit weird if it was as the b6 is like 13 pounds :S

yeah I guess IDK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.