Using a paintball mask

Hendy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am really interested in getting the sly profit mask. looks cool and all just wondering if any one else has any experience with using any of these types of masks airsofting.

It's abit offbeat yet relevant, If your into paintball masks; you should look into dye i4s, they are costly, but they rave about them across the pond :)

Can't speak for the mask you mention, but in short- nice to feel your face is VERY protected. Have also had less steam ups with them, as lots of space for venting around the sides, due to the plastic covering the gaps well over the top.

Downside, it's a bugger to pull the guns close to your eye for aiming depending on stock style/size.

• Supporters

Paintball masks are very head size dependent as they cover more of your noggin. General consensus seems to be that the Dye masks fit smaller heads but work better. Personally I found that when I started out and was using my old JT 360 thermals that it was 1) impossible to get the gun anywhere near close enough to use the sights and 2) still fogged up like a mofo. They do give you a better sense of protection around your face/head though which is nice.

Many years ago there was no real choice in face protection, so nearly everybody had to rely on paintball masks - as Lozard said, they are bulky and make aiming neigh-on impossible, and unless you get some good anti-fog on to the lens you will have trouble seeing after a while, especially on a hot day!

If you want full face protection then paintball masks are normally the best way to go, as the power from a paintball is a lot higher than a BB; just make sure the vent holes in the mask won't let a BB through though :)

I've just got my paintball mask off eBay from a company called Paintball-Land.de and I'm really happy with it. I couldn't find anything from the usual suppliers that fit my requirements but this one is perfect, with integrated goggles, with changeable lenses, full face and back of head protection. Looks pretty mean too lol...

6396D726-FB56-4C87-978B-8026813D4A6B.jpg

• Supporters

I've just got my paintball mask off eBay from a company called Paintball-Land.de and I'm really happy with it. I couldn't find anything from the usual suppliers that fit my requirements but this one is perfect, with integrated goggles, with changeable lenses, full face and back of head protection. Looks pretty mean too lol...

6396D726-FB56-4C87-978B-8026813D4A6B.jpg

Is this the Proto full cover thermal mask?

I'd be very interested to see how it does with fogging. Is there much space that could maybe be fitted with small fans?

I'm not sure Lozart it's the full coverage helmet but think it's just the standard lens. The same company also sells the replacement lenses: yellow, smoked, iridium effect and thermal. I can't comment on the fogging as I haven't skirmished with it yet but it's incredibly comfortable and the volume of ventilation holes and slots would make it very difficult to fog up if think.

I would definitely recommend the company I got it from like, they seem quite tricky to get in the uk but Paintball-Land.de had it on my doorstep in a matter of days. Here's the eBay item number if you fancy one; 271518882130

Here's some better pics of it for you:

1329589C-71D9-4D79-98C9-31E77619560E.jpg

F9EE7091-292E-4A8C-A67B-1D262C76C51E.jpg

DA5127E4-951D-45AB-89A2-87F2C817662C.jpg

8A9F5D08-9964-4A03-8B97-F9AE6D08AFAC.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah, I had a look at their site. I have to admit I'm tempted because head shots in CQB are getting on my tits. I do sweat like a rapist in church though so it'd have to be really well ventilated to be able to see where I'm going (hence the question about space for fans).

Yeah, I had a look at their site. I have to admit I'm tempted because head shots in CQB are getting on my tits. I do sweat like a rapist in church though so it'd have to be really well ventilated to be able to see where I'm going (hence the question about space for fans).

If that's what you're after, there is a JT Flex full head currently on ebay (It's not mine, so I'm not plugging my own sh*t for sale). (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-mask-/121413601600?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item1c44d08940).

But either way, I believe that particular full head mask does work with JT's own Vortex fan, (http://assaulttactics.proboards.com/thread/156/brandnew-jt-vortex-goggle-fan), so i wager you could get most fans on it. Might be worth a thought.

Edit - P.S. I should add that I strongly advise anybody buying a 2nd hand mask/goggles system to buy fresh new lenses themselves (unless they are still in sealed packaging, don't take a sellers word for it that it comes with new lenses).

With Paintball masks at least, close range impact can damage them, and especially if there are scratches, cracks or discoloration (which can indicate a problem), they may not protect you, especially in CQB.

• Supporters

If that's what you're after, there is a JT Flex full head currently on ebay (It's not mine, so I'm not plugging my own sh*t for sale). (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-mask-/121413601600?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item1c44d08940).

But either way, I believe that particular full head mask does work with JT's own Vortex fan, (http://assaulttactics.proboards.com/thread/156/brandnew-jt-vortex-goggle-fan), so i wager you could get most fans on it. Might be worth a thought.

Edit - P.S. I should add that I strongly advise anybody buying a 2nd hand mask/goggles system to buy fresh new lenses themselves (unless they are still in sealed packaging, don't take a sellers word for it that it comes with new lenses).

With Paintball masks at least, close range impact can damage them, and especially if there are scratches, cracks or discoloration (which can indicate a problem), they may not protect you, especially in CQB.

That's interesting actually as I already have an old JT mask from my paintball days (ah youth....happy times, simpler times). How much are the fans?

That's interesting actually as I already have an old JT mask from my paintball days (ah youth....happy times, simpler times). How much are the fans?

Youth... trying to act like because you paintball, you were not a dork, but in fact cooler than the kids who could play Football. Maybe that was just me.

The lowest I've seen the Vortex 2 for would be around £15 new (http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/jt-vortex-2-goggle-fan.html#.U_cKO2Mxh8E). You can get alternatives. Proto do a fan, there is something called the Haber Extractor and others I'm sure.

You may be better sticking with your own fans though if you already have them(?)

The thing with the Vortex fan, and all similar all in one housing designs that I've seen, is that they only have only one fan, and that is off-set on the one side. The pics here show it (http://www.pbportal.de/forum/showthread.php?t=201494). I think this would be a problem, because you're left side might be fine, but the far right side of the goggle will not get as much air, will struggle and will eventually steam up (in my opinion).

For CQB it may not matter, the distortion may be minimal. For for long game woodland, I need the dual fan type stuff like the FANZ (http://www.fanzkit.com/FANZ_Quick_Disconnect_DF20/p643134_5522876.aspx) I think.

• Supporters

Youth... trying to act like because you paintball, you were not a dork, but in fact cooler than the kids who could play Football. Maybe that was just me.

The lowest I've seen the Vortex 2 for would be around £15 new (http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/jt-vortex-2-goggle-fan.html#.U_cKO2Mxh8E). You can get alternatives. Proto do a fan, there is something called the Haber Extractor and others I'm sure.

You may be better sticking with your own fans though if you already have them(?)

The thing with the Vortex fan, and all similar all in one housing designs that I've seen, is that they only have only one fan, and that is off-set on the one side. The pics here show it (http://www.pbportal.de/forum/showthread.php?t=201494). I think this would be a problem, because you're left side might be fine, but the far right side of the goggle will not get as much air, will struggle and will eventually steam up (in my opinion).

For CQB it may not matter, the distortion may be minimal. For for long game woodland, I need the dual fan type stuff like the FANZ (http://www.fanzkit.com/FANZ_Quick_Disconnect_DF20/p643134_5522876.aspx) I think.

Haha! Not just you mate!

Thanks for that though, interesting stuff. That dual fan setup looks good.

How about Mikes Mobile Cyclone as a solution to the 'space for a fan' issue. I'm looking at this as a possible solution to my fogging issues. Again, not ideal. Definetly not cool, or discrete, but it might just work.

• Supporters

How about Mikes Mobile Cyclone as a solution to the 'space for a fan' issue. I'm looking at this as a possible solution to my fogging issues. Again, not ideal. Definetly not cool, or discrete, but it might just work.

Interesting idea. I was wondering about rigging up something similar myself! I guess how it looks it dependent on how well you route the pipe. You could probably tuck it all away at the back of a helmet, but I don't wear one so.....

Interesting idea. I was wondering about rigging up something similar myself! I guess how it looks it dependent on how well you route the pipe. You could probably tuck it all away at the back of a helmet, but I don't wear one so.....

What if you pierce holes in the tube, and install it along the width of your goggles, like those garden hoses with holes every foot or the like. That way, you'd get the cool air being pumped across the entirety of your lens?

Hi all sorry not had a chance to get on here lately with work. I've now had a chance to skirmish with the mask and have decided it's absolutely hopeless. Far too bulky around the mouth area to effectively aim using the sights in the rental M4 I had, and also was completely blinded by condensation within 15 minutes of starting.

In my desperation I even popped out the lens and wore the helmet with my Bollé glasses underneath and they were the same. I was hugely surprised at how little ventilation there was in there given the amount of holes in it. Won't be using it again, and it spoiled my first skirmish so much I have decided to invest in some ESS Turbofan goggles ASAP to prevent it ever happening again

I am really interested in getting the sly profit mask. looks cool and all just wondering if any one else has any experience with using any of these types of masks airsofting.

it may work for airsoft but you gonna feel weird LOL /

p.s : it gonna work btw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.