What camo.....

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wowza, loads of responses. I kinda get whats being said about not using it properly. I just want a fairly decent pattern camo with matching kit to use in woodland areas. A Ghillie suit was mentioned but thats also on the cards depending on how many outdoor skirmishes I can get too ;) found a great video on youtube ahowing how to make one and its pretty simple considering.

Im not one to say I would use the camo properly or even think I know field craft but I was hoping to also camo my gun somehow, either get it painted to minimise the angular black lines as mentioned or use a camo wrap over the gun too.

• Supporters

I just want a fairly decent pattern camo with matching kit to use in woodland areas.

Standard DPM. Available in loads of surplus stores and dirt cheap. It's the colour it is because (unlike MTP/Multiglam et al) it's designed for temperate woodland use (like what we have here innit).

+3 for DPM, job done, cheap and plentiful. Ebay

On a similar note, (sorry to hijack) are there different types of DMP trousers? The ones I have say lightweight inside and are very loose and baggy in the crotch and legs, yet perfect on the waist. My surplus Multicam pants from the same store are a much heavier, thicker and more slim fitting. Did they make a heavier DPM or were they all lightweight?

As I understand it the old plain olive lightweight trousers were used for non combat operations such as medics, cooks ect, but were done away with when DMP was new kid on the block.

Standard DPM. Available in loads of surplus stores and dirt cheap. It's the colour it is because (unlike MTP/Multiglam et al) it's designed for temperate woodland use (like what we have here innit).

THIS is the reply I wanted...

BUT

Flecktern has a nice pattern ;)

seriously though, great responses and useful points.

Noob question, and I know the standard answer is to google it, but what does DPM stand for?

Noob question, and I know the standard answer is to google it, but what does DPM stand for?

DPM stands for Disruptive Patterned Material. Also, Flecktarn is readily available at surplus stores as well for only a couple of quid!

I'm a massive multi cam fan. Can be found all over with it been the British army uniform, I think it just looks decent,

Just type multi cam in ebay. Enjoy haha

• Supporters

I'm a massive multi cam fan. Can be found all over with it been the British army uniform, I think it just looks decent,

Just type multi cam in ebay. Enjoy haha

British uniform is MTP NOT Multicam. Like Multicam it's not actually designed specifically for UK countryside and as such is not actually as effective in traditional airsoft woodland sites as DPM (or indeed flecktarn).

But that's never stopped anyone dressing up as a Navy SEAL either so what the hell.

+3 for DPM, job done, cheap and plentiful. Ebay

On a similar note, (sorry to hijack) are there different types of DMP trousers? The ones I have say lightweight inside and are very loose and baggy in the crotch and legs, yet perfect on the waist. My surplus Multicam pants from the same store are a much heavier, thicker and more slim fitting. Did they make a heavier DPM or were they all lightweight?

As I understand it the old plain olive lightweight trousers were used for non combat operations such as medics, cooks ect, but were done away with when DMP was new kid on the block.

Iirc when I was in the signals, was just after the soldier 95 clothing was brought in. Up until then the olive green light weight trousers were your normal say to day work wear. And you would change your top according to the season e.g. shirt sleave order in the summer or jumper or jacket and norgie in the winter. The DPM we had was quite thick and heavy and we would only really wear it on exercise or guard duty. Also a point of note was when it was brand new it was shiny as it had a anti infa red film on it that was of no use as it washed out on the first wash.

When the 95 kit came out it was a complete revamp and for the time and seemed really modern as we were no longer wearing the boots introduced in the 50's that had a wooden block in the heal to sound nice when marching. They changed the DPM as well at that time and brought in the lightweight version and we got issued shirts that were DPM as well as our existing olive ones. So we would still wear the olive trousers for some tasks such as PT or drill and change to DPM for others.

The soldier 95 kit moved the insignia from the epalete on the shoulder and arms to the middle of the chest so it was harder for the enemy to see. It also made it harder for us to see as they would bo**ock us for not saluting officers or saluting NCO's. This was from lessons learned in the former Yugoslavia.

The new MTP was introduced around 05 to counter the problems they were having in Helmand Province. The DPM was too dark for the open areas in the desert and the Desert DPM was too bright for the jungle / Tropical areas around the Helmand River.

I like MTP. It is a much brighter kit and not as gloomy as DPM and does look a lot better, but DPM is the perfect base for camo in northern Europe. With some well placed foliage you can make yourself almost invisible if you want to.

I have been known to skirmish is midnight urban camo before... was completely invisible in a bluebell patch, but I digress... ;)

I would personally say wear whatever you like the look of :)

I hate you, almost bought the REME leopard skin apron for 3 grand.... IT LOOKS SOOOOO COOL!!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.