What camo.....

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I play indoors mostly and play in black with black gear, but as I want to be playing outdoors a lot more next year I need to start building an outdoor kit. Baring in mind this is outdoor in the UK so woodland, scrub mostly I presume.

BUT

To Multicam or not to Multicam....

I have noticed on here a vast range of camo available and a lot of acronyms am am confused.

I dont know what "look" I want to go for, but something fairly modern warfare (easy to obtain) as I dont want to scour untold shops for a piece of Madagascan sniper ranger camo from 1472 to complete the look :P either UK or US army issue is a fairly basic and simple one id say.

I am not too bothered about being accurate to a regiment or troop but want a uniformed look rather than different patterns and camo. Happy to mix and match with a standard camo pattern as this would allow me to build kit cheaply and bit by bit, again I know camo will vary for each brand etc but a generic camo pattern should not vary to such an extent from brands its initially visible.... is it?

My question is, What pattern/camo would you suggest? It needs to be a green woodland type camo as I am not keen on the desert / tan type look and expect to be in the woods a lot.

Cheers!!

Multicam is popular for a reason though, works well in most environments including woodland.

I'm personally having a lot of of success with Czech Vz. 95 (commonly known as M95) pattern camo. A lot darker than regular woodland camo patterns but seems to work for me.

http://camopedia.org/images/0/0f/Czech3.jpg

Added bonus a lot of sites stock gear in it - Military 1st and Epic Militaria for example.

I've come to the realisation that camo is pointless... It's never used properly and usually is completely ruined by other kit... Unless you plan on doing it right... I'd save your money.

Last time I was out, not one did any of the 120 players use their camo properly.

I used to hate Multicam, but it's really grown on me again now. It just looks nice. An MTP UBACS and trousers can be bought for £38, whereas if I want an A-TACS AU / FG loadout it's £45 alone for a pair of trousers. I will still do one of those loadouts but when I have a lot more money to spend. MARPAT is also one I would like to do (it's both inexpensive, effective and not so common)

I think camo isn't always important since most of time you're moving around anyway and you aren't trying to keep concealed. If you're a sniper though, chances are you want to remain unseen. Airsoft is about looking cool for a lot of us as well. Since you're skirmishing in a woodland you need to buy some suitable clothing (you don't want to use jeans and a t-shirt) so you might as well buy some unique camo stuff if you see what I mean.

Not really, unless you're playing in an urban environment.

Or you silhouette yourself against the backdrop, or add loads of black mags and carry a black gun, or refuse to use cover properly, or put yourself against bad colours, or make the world's supply of noise, or don't stow your kit properly, or move too quickly, or pick bad routes...

I've yet to see anyone use camo well... Anyone at all...

• Supporters

I used to hate Multicam, but it's really grown on me again now. It just looks nice. An MTP UBACS and trousers can be bought for £38, whereas if I want an A-TACS AU / FG loadout it's £45 alone for a pair of trousers. I will still do one of those loadouts but when I have a lot more money to spend. MARPAT is also one I would like to do (it's both inexpensive, effective and not so common)

I'm the same way. Absolutely despised it but now I'm slowly starting to love how effective it is, I think I used to hate it because everyone at my local site used multicam gear.

• Supporters

Or you silhouette yourself against the backdrop, or add loads of black mags and carry a black gun, or refuse to use cover properly, or put yourself against bad colours, or make the world's supply of noise, or don't stow your kit properly, or move too quickly, or pick bad routes...

I've yet to see anyone use camo well... Anyone at all...

My point still stands. Camouflage used for the environment that it was designed for will be effective, it isn't used to make you completely invisible to the opponents (that's what ghillie suits are for, lol.) it just makes it a bit harder for them to see you.

From my point of view, helps look the part a little, kind of fun to dress up, and if cheap surplus stuff it's perfect for messing about in rather than trashing other clothes. I'm not about to use any of it for anything else

As for the effectiveness of camouflage? It's not perfect without going mad to hide yourself, but it sure ain't bad. Thing is, it's a game. So, er, I'm not that bothered?

Just got plain old multicam surplus stuff, and a desert set. I don't plan on visiting deserts.

• Supporters

It really doesn't... Whatever camo you use, whatever the colour will fail or hinder you if you silhouette yourself, rattle, clank and poke around a black gun with sharp edges... It's not a question of suitable colours... It's field craft.

I see where you're coming from.

I don't know why, but I have this strange urge to go out and buy the full snow camo gear and just arrive in it at some point in the middle of July. I just hate the idea of following the crowd and wearing the same and looking the same as everybody else.

Now you see why the military was never going to work out for me.

Just discovered snow camo is REALLY cheap for some reason. Clicking "Buy it Now" in 3...2...1...

nearly painted my gun white last time it snowed..

multicam:

15x39l3.jpg

desert vs woodland:
wvpc0w.jpg
The blue hat is harder to spot than the jacket.. as a matter in fact blue is part of Swedish woodland camo, m90.

pic cred: 1. unknown swede 2. del monty

Green or Brown work okay. Unless you're a patient sneaky bastard, movement will give you away long before the lack of camo will.

A guy wore Flecktarn at my first skirmish I sware he was on my team and literally a few metres away from me under a tree and I didn't see him the whole game, he just sat with an MG4 or something like it getting everyone that tried to flank us, not one person could see him and he never moved a muscle nor had to.

It's airsoft ..... The overwhelming majority have learnt their field craft from blackhawk down. If people want to play dress up then let them play dress up.

Oh, of course... I was just pointing out that if you wear camo, without he things mentioned... Then it IS just dress up, not a tactical choice. I'm currently making up foam armour, exactly for that reason... I'm going to have fun playing ACTUAL dress up...

Flecktarn am bestest camo. Seriously though, I haven't seen a more effective camo in the autumn. It also works best in mid-dense woodlands where there isn't much grass grown under the canopy and cover from the sun, making it dark and brown, allowing Flecktarn to blend in nice and well

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.