Airsoft Forums UK

Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius

Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Hey all, does anyone know if the outer barrel assembly between the VFC HK 416  D (v2) and A5 AEGs are interchangeable, basically where the outer barrel meets the upper receiver?  They look very similar on the parts diagrams, i've messaged VFC a while back and still no response!

Essentially, i'm turning my 10.5 inch A5 into a 14.5 inch, using the extended Geissele rail, you can buy the 14.5 inch extended outer barrel and gas garts for the 416 D, so want to use those (they have some nice HK trades on them) and a similar extension piece doesn't exist for the A5 variant as far as i can tell to turn it into a 14.5.

Thanks for any insight.

Edited by witchcraft58a

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the Geissele mk16 SMR handguard? 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Skara said:

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the Geissele mk16 SMR handguard? 

1.26"

https://geissele.com/13-5-super-modular-rail-mk16-m-lokr-ddc.html#:~:text=The Geissele Super Modular Rail,maintain%2C but offers superior rigidity.

Posted (edited)

Is the pot metal of the receiver on the TM gbbr cerakoted?

Edited by emilianoksa

Hi Everyone, just a quick question,  I'm new to airsoft so getting a idea of the ammo I will need! How many BBs does everyone go through a month in general and what quantity of bbs do you buy and how often!?

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

Really depends on your style of play. When I had a support gun 4500 a game day. Just using an aeg 800 to 1200 rounds a game day I used .28g BBs. Avoid blasters, neuprol bbs.

30 minutes ago, hjp said:

Hi Everyone, just a quick question,  I'm new to airsoft so getting a idea of the ammo I will need! How many BBs does everyone go through a month in general and what quantity of bbs do you buy and how often!?

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

On a game day I get through 1500-2000 normally (with some single-shot games in the mix), but I'm sure I've gone as high as 3000, so I usually ensure I have a couple of kilos of BBs knocking around (or buy some extras at lunchtime)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

34 minutes ago, hjp said:

I usually go for tubes of 3000 ish and will take a pair to a game day, though I've rarely used a full tube, but it depends on your style of play and mag capacity. Mid caps and semi auto will go through a lot less than a spray and pray hicap hero.

As for the purchase of I tend to grab a bottle or two when ordering other thing else or grab a load to make postage less of an issue.