Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
On 05/07/2020 at 08:50, Jammanic said:

Ok so my brain full on shit the bed there.

I meant to say the balaclava!

Looks like a Brubeck one to me https://www.brubeckprotect.com/product/km00010-unisex-balaclava

Umarex Fusion 2 CO2 Rifle

Hello
I'm new to this forum,and I would like if someone knows to enlighten me:

where can i buy this rifle in uk , or from abroad with delivery in uk?

I found it in several warehouses in the USA at a very good price,

but they don't send to the uk anymore??!?!?!

I would like if I can to buy it from elsewhere where they delivers in the uk

at a price close to that of usa.

If anyone has any advice or ideas.
Thank you very much

I posted wrong before so i am sorry for mystake.

@cristiallx - Hi Cris,

While someone maybe able to answer your query please be aware that this is an airsoft forum, not an airgun forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PT247
2 hours ago, JoeR500 said:

Is there a noticeable difference between 1200mah and 1450mah Lipo’s? 

I worked out that you get roughly 1 BB per mAh so you'd potentially get an extra 250 BBs fired

A couple more questions, new player don’t forget 👍🏻

what weight BBs are good all rounders?

also what speed loader do I need to load Sig Arms M4 magazines? Or do they all do the same job?

thanks.

15 minutes ago, JoeR500 said:

also what speed loader do I need to load Sig Arms M4 magazines? Or do they all do the same job?

thanks.

For BB Weight it depends on whether you play indoor/ outdoor (as heavier weights are less affected by factors such as wind - from my limited knowledge anyway). In terms of a speed loader any should work, i think they are standard M4 mags which should be ok. I am also a new player so someone with more experience may be able to offer more assistance :) 

Guest PT247

If your AEG shoots close to 350fps on 0.2g BBs, then as long as you have a bit more hop adjustment I'd suggest going to 0.25g BBs, this will slow them down a little, but they will fly straighter and further. If you play CQB indoors, then just use good quality 0.2g BBs as they are cheaper and the ranges are lower with no wind.

1 hour ago, JoeR500 said:

thanks.

Rule of thumb is the heaviest your gun can lift.

For CQB you can use .2s as the engagement distances are short anyway and they're cheaper.

I use 0.28s on my AEGs when playing outdoors bar the M4 that can only lift .25s despite the prommy flat hop.

0.25s when playing cqb

0.3/0.32s in pistols and sniper regardless of what I'm doing.

.25s for tournaments because M4 lol.

Speedloader: any will do, if you have the budget then an Odin sidewinder is the best thing ever, I understand that not everyone wants to drop €60 on a speedloader tho.

Currently using a cheapo Pmag style one, works just fine. Also have an Odin clone but it keeps dismantling itself every 2 magazines (you get the idea).

As I have my 3rd game coming up on sunday:

How long does applying for a UKARA number take? (How long untill I can finally start buying my own RIF)

How do you know what battery size/type to use for your replica? (I've seen "nunchuck" type, but also a battery that is basically a long and a short stick, or only just the one stick. I found a replica I'm thinking of buying, but nothing on the website does it say what battery to use)

Edited by Smiling-Dutchman
I can't spell if my life depended on it

6 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

As I have my 3rd game coming up on sunday:

How long does applying for a UKARA number take? (How long untill I can finally start buying my own RIF)

How do you know what battery size/type to use for your replica? (I've seen "nunchuck" type, but also a battery that is basically a long and a short stick, or only just the one stick. I found a replica I'm thinking of buying, but nothing on the website does it say what battery to use)

Tell us what gun it is and we'll tell you which style of battery :)

It tends to be "form factor" which dictates battery type. I.e. an AK will normally store a battery under the dust cover, so you normally need a stick battery. Some M4s will have a "crane stock" which means you need the nunchuck style etc.

With regards to UKARA - it honestly depends on the site. What happens once you've played your third game is you fill out the UKARA form, pay membership dues to your site and they process the application for you. At my local I had mine processed within a few days.

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Tell us what gun it is and we'll tell you which style of battery :)

It tends to be "form factor" which dictates battery type. I.e. an AK will normally store a battery under the dust cover, so you normally need a stick battery. Some M4s will have a "crane stock" which means you need the nunchuck style etc.

With regards to UKARA - it honestly depends on the site. What happens once you've played your third game is you fill out the UKARA form, pay membership dues to your site and they process the application for you. At my local I had mine processed within a few days.

Thinking of getting this one: https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/gg-tr16-mbr-556wh-full-metal-with-g2-etu/ so that would be nun-chuck style battery then?

My mates tell me to go for titan batteries, does that make a big difference than any other ones?

1 hour ago, Leader Bee said:

LMG or HMG with highest rate of fire that isn't a minigun of some kind?

EDIT: And not a G&P Rapid II - Im looking specifically for an LMG or HMG form factor

Whatever you fancy, just slap a high speed gear set or an HPA engine in

Gear set or motor set? just looking out of curiosity theres the ASG Infinity CNC motor U-18000 all the way up to the U-45000 but it doesn't explain what the difference is; I'm assuming the highter the number the better the RoF but i've never upgraded a gun so no idea

6 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Gear set or motor set? just looking out of curiosity theres the ASG Infinity CNC motor U-18000 all the way up to the U-45000 but it doesn't explain what the difference is; I'm assuming the highter the number the better the RoF but i've never upgraded a gun so no idea

Always go for high speed gears and high torque motor if it's possible. Plus you're going to short stroke everything, this involves a stiffer spring to make up for the reduced piston travel, a HS motor may not be able to pull it. now @Sitting Duck is the man when it comes to motors and all that witchcraft, he may give you a more detailed answer.

Those numbers are most likely the motor's RPM (which doesn't equal gearbox RPM as 18000 rpm would translate to 300 bb/s lol)

2 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Unlikely.

I have the 308 variant of the tr16 and a 1450 cell just slides into the slots. The cells would be too thick/square unless you changed the stock.

Have a look for crane stock batteries and make sure you get/a good balance charger.

• Moderators

quick q

What type of  ' retention holster' fits a TM G17 with torch nicely as i need to upgrade. 

I had an original IMI paddle retention type one as i got it on a deal so was cheaper than the 'clones' but they are tight and i had to file it away to get the G17 to fit.... someone mentioned before getting one to fit a G22 as its slightly bigger and fits the TM 17 better?

what are the We/Nuprol/other brands like fit wise?

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Leader Bee said:

23 hours ago, Skara said:

Those numbers are most likely the motor's RPM (which doesn't equal gearbox RPM as 18000 rpm would translate to 300 bb/s lol)

This. The lower the number the lower the RPM the motor is designed for, the lower RPM ones produce more torque for pulling bigger springs. In terms of actual RoF though, fit faster gears (lower ratios) and a high torque motor to get a snappier response and/or fit a mosfet to eliminate the high resistance in the trigger contacts.

Also - this page explains the differences in motors pretty well (including the "Boost" series that are cheaper) https://actionsportgames.com/en-gb/productcatalog/products/gun-accessories/aeg-internal-upgrade-parts/motors-parts