Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Skara said:

Quick question.

Can a magazine release catch be the cause of misfeeding/not feeding at all/air leaks?

I have 2 Ares Amoeba M4s, same exact lower receivers, used to feed flawlessly every mag i could throw at them.

Not long ago i lost my whole mag release assembly on one and purchased an aftermarket ambidextrous mag release thingy.

Since then, said gun has had troubles feeding from midcaps, while the other still feeds fine.

I purchased one of those ambidextrous mag releases for our Firehawk and it did the exact same thing. I replaced the original stock part and it’s back to working perfectly.

6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I purchased one of those ambidextrous mag releases for our Firehawk and it did the exact same thing. I replaced the original stock part and it’s back to working perfectly.

Cool, ordering a new Ares mag release assembly tomorrow ;)

Cheers 😘

My new Well MB09 came with this random spring. Nothing in the poor instructions as to what it is supposed to do. RIF works fine without it. Any ideas?

MB09.jpg

MB10spring.jpg

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Looks like the spring from inside a nozzle

Its been confirmed on Facebook as a spare mag release spring. It seems that Well always provide a spare for some reason! Odd but can't knock it!

What do people mean when they refer to "normal" or "regular" green gas.

I know they don't include Nuprol 2.0 in that category since it is supposed to have a somewhat higher pressure than most green gas.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice in green gas in the UK. Most places sell only Nuprol, Abbey and ASG Ultrair,  though you will occasionally see Guarder, Airsoft Surgeon or Puff Dino. I have no idea where the Puff Dino fits into the spectrum.

I'm guessing something like Abbey Predator Ultra might be regarded as normal green gas.

54 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

What do people mean when they refer to "normal" or "regular" green gas.

I know they don't include Nuprol 2.0 in that category since it is supposed to have a somewhat higher pressure than most green gas.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choice in green gas in the UK. Most places sell only Nuprol, Abbey and ASG Ultrair,  though you will occasionally see Guarder, Airsoft Surgeon or Puff Dino. I have no idea where the Puff Dino fits into the spectrum.

I'm guessing something like Abbey Predator Ultra might be regarded as normal green gas.

Nuprol 1.0 and Abbey 144a (confusingly with a green label) is duster gas.

ASG Ultraair is somewhere between duster and green so I use it in my TM pistols when its below 12 degrees.

Abbey Red label, Nuprol 2.0 is green gas. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Is there much point in running bbs heavier than 2.0 at cqb sites where the layout restricts range to about 20 yards maximum?

In my opinion, No.

11 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Is there much point in running bbs heavier than 2.0 at cqb sites where the layout restricts range to about 20 yards maximum?

As long as they are good quality. I use 0.25’s in my pistol and 0.36’s in my rifle but pinpoint accuracy not body sized targets is important to me 

Can anyone recommend a light bearing holster for a sig F226 e2?

I have one from nuprol for my glock, but I understand they don't do one for the sig :(

Blackhawk do a universal light bearing one called the Omnivore.

https://blackhawk.com/omnivore

It is designed for Surefire or Streamlight torches only. I suppose clones of these are available.

Worth checking that your P226 will fit a real steel holster. If it is WE or KJW I don't think it will.

Other than that you could try Fobus. You might be able to squeeze it into one of their light bearing holsters with strap retention.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201055051084

10 minutes ago, Musica said:

Probably a stupid question but are all speed loaders pretty much the same? 

Need to budget for 1 to load mid caps/pistols.

Bar the capacity of the speed loader yes, although some will come with gas type mag adapters and some wont. Other speed loaders like the Odin need adapters for different magazines.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

Probably a stupid question but are all speed loaders pretty much the same? 

Need to budget for 1 to load mid caps/pistols.

As said they are however I have had a few where I've had to open them up to file off edges where the moulding wasn't cleaned up or the opening wasn't quite round externally so the adaptors didn't quite fit. The latter is more of an issue if the adaptor isn't one that came with the loader.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently suffering a brain fart, is it recommended to clean & lubricate a pistol (in this case a TM) prior to first use?

I feel a bit embarrassed asking but I figure better a bit of embarrassment than destroying my new pistol. Been a long day and the old brain tissue isn't working.

7 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Currently suffering a brain fart, is it recommended to clean & lubricate a pistol (in this case a TM) prior to first use?

I feel a bit embarrassed asking but I figure better a bit of embarrassment than destroying my new pistol. Been a long day and the old brain tissue isn't working.

Brand New? Unmodified? Then no, it will be perfect out of the box

If used, strip it down, clean and lube

• Supporters
10 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

No, TM apply an appropriate amount of lube at the factory, it will work straight out of the box.